Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 481 to 500 of 643

Ralizah

@EvilLucario I've only played the American version of Castlevania III. Is the Japanese version better somehow?

But, yes, Rondo of Blood is probably my all-time favorite 2D action-platformer, and I don't expect that to change any time soon.

We'll see how RotN fares. Metroidvanias are OK, but I've yet to find one that is uniformly excellent. Note that Order of Ecclesia is different enough that I wouldn't class it alongside the Metroidvanias.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

EvilLucario

@Ralizah In the Japanese version:

• Grant's knife works just like the knife subweapon in that it's a projectile instead of a very short-ranged attack.
  • Enemy damage is no longer tied to how far into the game you are, but just enemies period. A bat in endgame is not going to take away a huge chunk of HP, for example, but a bone dragon can hit harder.
  • If you die against Dracula, you respawn right before him just like in Castlevania 1 instead of midway in the second level. Similarly, his third form is a bit easier.
  • Music has an extra audio channel. I vastly prefer how the Japanese version sounds, but American still isn't bad.

Order of Ecclesia isn't exactly exploration-based, no, but it still has some exploration (especially in Dracula's Castle) that I'd feel comfortable classifying it as an Iga/Metroidvania.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BruceCM

Going down blood fountain now....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

OmegaDestroyer

I'm curious when NL will release a review of the game. I cannot imagine it getting a good score in its current state.

OmegaDestroyer

NintendoByNature

Me too. Suspecting a 5 or 6 out of 10 from all the negative we hear. Anything more than that, might be fishy

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

I'm banking on a 7 or 8 out of 10, personally.

NintendoByNature

I think when the updates fix a few issues itll be a solid 7 or 8. But from what the majority is saying out there (mind you i haven't played it yet ) I'd be surprised if it scored that high. I guess it depends on each player though. Some people haven't noticed any issues and others have had lots of bad things to say. So maybe you're right a 7 or 8 could be in the cards depending on the reviewer

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

I can see a 6-7 too. The actual game is awesome, but it's also really bad on Switch. Mind you, they gave RiME a 6/10 which was also brokenly bad, so that's why I'm leaning towards that range. They're not going to turn a blind eye to its performance, but also not to its actual game quality.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

PCkid

@OmegaDestroyer

The game deserve a 5/10 here, nothing more. If I had to review my Xbox One version, I'd give a 6/10.
So, the Switch version will get a 3/10 with me as a reviewer.

PCkid

JaxonH

@New_Guest
Correct, but seeing is often believing more than hearing.

Many devs hear about games doing well, but their beliefs are firmly rooted in their personal experiences. And in most developers' personal experiences, PS sells most copies, Nintendo sells least. And until a developer personally releases a game and personally experiences their game doing well, those beliefs will die hard.

The good news is, this generation is building up developer support for Nintendo again, more than I've ever seen. It's a process, but each year, more and more devs hear about success, decide to include a Switch version and then experience success for themselves with Nintendo.

Those experiences will build the foundation for future support, higher priority status and ultimately, higher quality ports and more of them.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HeroOfCybertron

@BruceCM How does one go down the blood fountain, all I do is down in it and just have to jump out or do I open it up later?

Bah weep granah weep nini bong

EvilLucario

@HeroOfCybertron You need to kill a certain boss for its soul to open it up.

BruceCM

Yeah, you can't go down it for awhile, @HeroOfCybertron .... Now going through water tunnels

SW-4357-9287-0699

BruceCM

Finally.... Fought the boss in the dessert

SW-4357-9287-0699

NEStalgia

My copy finally arrived.

So what to I do instead? I test out Lords of Shadow 2. Wow, that's a weird game. It feels more like DMC+Bayonetta more than anything Castlevania. It's a cool game on its own though...just a shame they stuck it with the Castlevania brand rather than making it a new IP. Starring Tande and Hero. Fighting against Bother Falder.

NEStalgia

CurryPowderKeg79

Great thanks @BruceCM you just ruined the game for me. Now i know there's a boss fight in a dessert and there's no need to play the game.

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras I imagine it's possible. I haven't heard of any game breaking bugs so far, just stability issues (ha. ha.) and performance problems.

NEStalgia

BruceCM

Lols, if that's your idea of a spoiler, @BacklogBlues .... Just had to kill myself

SW-4357-9287-0699

Ralizah

So, I'm playing this on PC and... I like it. The presentation is weird, though. The character portraits look like they're cut from a PS2 game, but the environments themselves are absolutely gorgeous. They really nailed the 2.5D look in this game. One thing that helps, and this might help explain why the Switch release feels so low-rent to some people, are the vivid and contrasting colors.

It has been a long time since I've played most of the Metroidvanias, but I'm getting huge DoS vibes from the magic system in this game.

The setting is interesting, but I'm not really sure about the plot yet. I feel like I'm missing some crucial background info. Not usually a huge problem in games of this sort, but there's more dialogue than I'm used to in a lot of these games.

One thing I'm wondering: why is Zangetsu acting like he's never met Miriam? Didn't they fight alongside each-other in Curse of the Moon?

Oh, and Johannes needs to chill with all the exposition. I feel like the guy wants to tell me his life story every time I make the mistake of interacting with him. I just want to craft some items, dude, not listen to your spiel for five minutes!

Not really a fan of the voice acting, but whatever. Could be worse.

Oh, I hope there's a double-jump upgrade. I desperately want to be able to double-jump.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic