Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 461 to 480 of 600

Ralizah

@Tsurii That's fair. I'm not one of those people who thinks people need to have the same issues with games that I do, after all. If you think XC2 looks acceptable in handheld mode, then I think that's great, because you're able to enjoy the game that much more. I wish it wasn't such a massive issue for me.

In terms of zooming in the camera... I've tried that, and I don't like it. XC games are about scale for me, which means seeing your characters amidst a vast environment. Close-up camera viewpoints make me claustrophobic. It's my one issue with the otherwise stellar Horizon: Zero Dawn so far: when Aloy walks into a city or a cave, the camera hugs her back, and it's incredibly uncomfortable for me.

And, being fair, I wouldn't be nearly so hard on XC2 if the game stayed at the same resolution it does in the first area of the game, and in smaller areas thereafter. It doesn't look great, but it's fine for a portable game. It's when you get to Gormott, and the resolution plunges so much that the world becomes an impressionistic smear on my Switch's screen, and you can't even see the faces on your characters until you zoom in close, that I start to get actively annoyed with the lack of optimization. I won't come down too hard on an "impossible port" like Wolfenstein 2 going very low-res, but a Switch exclusive shouldn't be struggling like that. The only reason that's happening is because the developers clearly optimized it with docked mode in mind, and that's just such a shame to me.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

Man this thread blew up in the past few days 😉. Lot of turmoil surrounding this game. Guess im glad i canceled my preorder. But, I'm still getting it folks rest assured.

NintendoByNature

DenDen

I have it and I like it very much!

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BruceCM

Just defeated 2 headed dragon.... Didn't even see it's body

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

EvilLucario

@PCkid Just like your worthless *****ing posts. Hahahahahahahahaha.

@Tsurii Probably, the framerate and resolution drops no matter what I did with the camera and I prefer having a wide view anyway. Regardless it's not ideal and still was a problem but since it's still a big jump from 3DS graphics, I didn't really mind.

@NEStalgia The Lords of Shadow games are ok. You can get some enjoyment out of them but I thought they were pretty unremarkable all things considered. I don't regret experiencing the games, but I also don't give them much of a second thought. More bland than bad, and depending on the person that can be worse in certain cases.

Really, my bigger problem is that they changed up the entire lore for no reason. It's just like DmC in that regard. It has nothing to do with the gameplay, but I always got the feeling of "why". Castlevania never had the deepest story and bordered on nonsensical for multiple games, but you still get attached to some recurring characters like Alucard from SotN and Aria/Dawn of Sorrow and Eric Lecarde from Bloodlines and Portrait of Ruin.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@NintendoByNature There's no turmoil, only in this thread and random Reddits. The game is very well received outside the usual spots (To be fair the Switch version really does appear to be pretty poorly optimized if they needed it to run 720 docked and strip most of the visual effects other platforms got. It's a UE4 2.5D sidescroller...that really shouldn't have been necessary.)

@EvilLucario I haven't played LoS on console yet (I have LoS2 on X1, but LoS1 is unavailable, digitally now), but Mirror of Fate was fun and felt "classic" - and Mercury Steam specifically went out of their way to merge classic platformer CVania with Igavania. Sure it was a kind of lame attempt but it worked, and it was possibly the best looking game on the entire 3DS this side of Luigi's Mansion 2, and possibly the best use of 3D. The game was too short, and too easy, but it was really fun with fun lore. IIRC it's not really tied into the LoS story very much at all but kind of stands alone. And had Alucard as playable

Since I never played Igavania on PS and beyond, Alucard etc means nothing to me. There's just Simon and Trevor, and "Dracula"

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Fair enough. Again, they aren't bad, just I found them unremarkable and bland. Dark Souls and even Bloodborne (kinda) are much better Castlevania games than Lords of Shadow in general and scratched that Castlevania itch more.

As for the best-looking game on 3DS though, I'd give that to Resident Evil: Revelations or Kid Icarus: Uprising personally. Mirror of Fate does look excellent for the 3DS though, which kinda showed when it was ported to consoles surprisingly fairly well.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

PCkid

@NEStalgia

Mirror of fate is as bad as Lords of Shadow 1 and 2.
It's like asking what is Metal Gear Survive to Metal Gear fans.

PCkid

NintendoByNature

@NEStalgia ahhh I hear you. It's gotten rough In here but for good reason. Both rgt85 and spawnwave had some nice videos to check out where they show some issues with the switch version. I guess while I wait for the switch version to be up to speed i can always break out my copy of curse of the moon to scratch that itch. Last time i think it only took me 2 hours or so to complete so I can finish it in a sitting or 2. It was super fun

NintendoByNature

PCkid

@EvilLucario "Just like your worthless *****ing posts. Hahahahahahahahaha."

Brilliant, you are brilliant. Mum and Dad must be proud...

PCkid

NEStalgia

@PCkid I suspect that means I'll like Bloodstained then I haven't played LoS1 and 2 but thought MoF was a blast Simple, short, but fun regardless. Like a Kirby game. With blood. And emo.

Metal Gear Survive otoh.....oof.

NEStalgia

PCkid

@NEStalgia

Not like Bloodstained !

To make it short :

MOF and LOS are crap but with a certain visual quality.
Bloodstained is crap but with a certain gameplay quality.

PCkid

EvilLucario

@PCkid I'm not the one here with wrong information or erroneous comparisons to past games 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

@NEStalgia Did you play Bloodlines? It's on the Castlevania collection so no better time than the present. Has a lot of neat level design and bosses that goes toe-to-toe with the Classicvanias on Nintendo consoles. Still not as good as Rondo of Blood but then again, nothing is.

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario I started in on it now that I have the collection. Never played it back in the day.

Though I admit Kid Dracula is stealing my attention at the moment. What a charming re-imagining of the original game in an Anti-Matter approved format....

NEStalgia

edhe

I ordered this game on my brother's behalf (it's due to arrive on Friday), but he's caught wind of the performance issues. I've just taken a peek at the kickstarter comments though, and someone is claiming that as they were performing the initial game update, the version shipped on the carts appeared to be ver 0.1.

They theorise the publishers dumped the alpha build onto the cartridge instead of the stable build, and that this could create problems, even after patching it.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery.
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260

PCkid

@EvilLucario "I'm not the one here with wrong information or erroneous comparisons to past games"

Or maybe, you are the one here with not enough experience to understand things with hindsight and clairvoyance ?

PCkid

EvilLucario

@PCkid You're one to talk about hindsight when you talk about BS like NG+ or enemy variety, of which past games had those same things you brought up but somehow only put on Bloodstained.

You gonna respond or no? 👀

PCkid

@EvilLucario

Are you limited ? I'm serious dude.

WE TALK ABOUT GAMES MADE ON 20 YEARS OLD SYSTEMS COMPARE TO A GAME OF 2019 MADE FOR SYSTEMS 1000 TIMES MORE POWERFUL...

Don't you think that games evolved after 2 decades ?
Don't you think that developpers had no choice to duplicate some stuffs on basic devices ?
Why do you think there weren't any Breath of the Wild on a GBA or a DS and now we have it running on Switch ?

Edited on by PCkid

PCkid

PCkid

@Ralizah

No joke, Curse of the Moon is better than Ritual of the Night. I mean COTM succeed on what it's trying to do at least.

PCkid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic