Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 421 to 440 of 643

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I just remembered that the 3DS version of Curse of the Moon runs at 30fps, lol. Goes to show how weak the 3DS was and how games were great mostly in spite of it. People absolutely do exaggerate when they say something is like a PS2 or 3DS game. It's like, you don't even remember what those types of games look like lol. Although 3D did help some games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Samus Returns.

Lighting in Bloodstained, upon second examination, doesn't bother me either. Some people could probably look at that and say "hey, I like the more dank look", just like how some people prefer some lighting effects in vanilla Dark Souls compared to Dark Souls Remastered. Eh, not my problem though :^]

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Given that, you know what still impresses me? Resident Evil: Revelations. Despite the (necessarily) low-res textures, the game looked like something I would have played on a home console last gen. All it really took to work brilliantly as a home console experience were higher-res textures, too. How did they manage to create such a gorgeous game so early in the system's life cycle, considering how weak the hardware was?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

@Ralizah MT Framework in general is really good. Reminder that Devil May Cry 4 is one of the best looking AND running games on PS3/360 early on in its life, just like Revelations (although Revelations was definitely 30fps), while DmC only ran at 30fps compared to DMC4.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

BruceCM

Iga's Tweeted about the Switch problems & promised they're working on them....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

DenDen

720p isnt looking that bad in the handheld modus though, but indeed the game needs many fixes but im sure they are working on it!

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

PCkid

@BacklogBlues Don't worry dude, you don't have to.
Just wanted to inform people that they can save $40/40€.
I already felt ripped off with my xbox one version so, you can imagine my reaction when I tried the Switch version. I couldn't believe that it was an Unreal Engine 4 game on the Switch, that bad it was.

Like I said, in my opinion, the game in itself is "overpumped" because it's Iga behind it, that's all.
It's not a bad game but I see it more like a grotesque plagiarism of the past with ugly artistic design choices.

@EvilLucario
You're just a fanatic to my mind. Have a nice day.

PCkid

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras Remember, announce your Kickstarter for the Switch version now so that when you release eventually on the Nintendo Projectatron 2, you can delete all your current progress and start again!

@BruceCM "Hi everyone! Remember the game I started over half a decade ago on another console, delayed 4 times, and finally released? Don't worry, I'm still working on it, it will be delivered eventually!"

@PCkid the artistic design choices I can't blame, as I put that up to "let's make it absolutely impossible for Konami's (Yakuza connected) lawyers (and clansmen) to find anything to hang onto. But if the game itself is bland that's a shame.

Still I'm excited to play it, although I won't be getting to it until after Vesperia at least. I'm not going into it with any SotN expectations since I've never played SotN past the entry area.

NEStalgia

PCkid

@NEStalgia

The bestiary is atrocious.
I swear the cats with horns are like made with photoshop in 5 seconds.
Flying pigs thingies whatever, uninspired bulls with wings, echtomorphs disgusting stuffs etc...

It's uninspired at the extreme, it's bland, it's tasteless, it's raw, it's insipid.

PCkid

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia Unfortunately Kickstarter is not available for my country.
Also I do not if I will have a Switch version because:

• I must be approved by Nintendo.
  • I must buy a Game Maker Studio 2 Switch export module for 800$ a year.

For now I focus on PC and will see later. I already implemented ALL kinds of controllers so this will be no problem.

PCkid

@Zuljaras

If you use GML to make your game, you can export to PC/MAC and Linux without the modules.

Don't you have a video or screenshots somewhere ? Youtube ? A website ?
I'd like to see what you're doing (if it's possible).

PCkid

OmegaDestroyer

It's hard to take the promises that the devs are going to fix the Switch version seriously.

They blamed the shoddy PAX demo on Switch overheating when it seems incredibly apparent that it was due to poor optimization.

They delayed the game a week on Switch presumably to optimize it. But they didn't and were content on releasing a poor product.

I don't know how anybody could have faith that they will make timely updates or even bother to fix the Switch version.

OmegaDestroyer

PCkid

@OmegaDestroyer

You're absolutely right. It's insane how they lied at PAX like that.

PCkid

Zuljaras

@PCkid I have extremely old videos of the game. The current build is better since I re-drew most stuff and added some new features.

I will post some screenshots later in the Art Thread in these forums and I will tag you so you get a notification.

Imgur is not welcomed here so I started using Imgbb. I have to make some screenshots from the latest build with the new art and upload them.

I named the game Castletoria because I am a huge Castlevania fan.

You can google Castletoria and the first thing that will pop-up will be the game.

Dogtanian

It's a shame if the Switch port is substandard. I much prefer playing on my Switch, but I may have to get this for the PS4 unless they manage to substantially improve the performance over the next few weeks.

Dogtanian

PCkid

@Zuljaras

Ok, I saw some visuals and a short video.
I'm going to wait for the "new screenshots" because I have several things to say.

PCkid

NEStalgia

@PCkid To be fair the original Castlevania monsters were just designed as clones of Universal Studio's content.....In reality the entire Castlevania series was always a cheap copy job without much creativity...

NEStalgia

BruceCM

I'm still not noticing any issues with my Switch version, @NEStalgia ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

EvilLucario

@PCkid Bwahahahaha. Looks like you really are talking out of your ass then. Tell me then, if it were just Iga's name that made this game good, then explain why other games like Yooka-Laylee, made by some OG Rare developers, aren't as lauded as it "should". But you don't have a retort for that because in reality, you don't make a good game with just the face(s) of a team. Just ask Yooka-Laylee and Mighty No. 9 and even Shantae Half-Genie Hero to a slight degree.

NEStalgia

@BruceCM That's good to hear! Though since it sounds like the devs are acknowledging it, there must be something to it. I'm glad to hear they're patching it by the time I get to it though. Between Vesperia and Cadence of Hyrule, I'm tied up for a while anyway

@EvilLucario Take that back, Half Genie Hero is a good game!!

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic