Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 421 to 440 of 600

BacklogBlues

Sorry i doubted you @PCkid. This game won't be worth getting for at least a half year after many, many patches.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
SHADOWRUN: SEGA GENESIS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

EvilLucario

@PCkid

> The art direction ( the cats, the general enemies, the textures etc...)

It's Castlevania. What the hell did you expect?

> The level design, like the undergrounds are copy/paste, even the ice part and the sand part are a copy/paste with another texture

You want to complain about that in this game (which isn't even accurate) but ignore the massive copy-pasting of past Igavanias?

> The bosses are ridiculous, you stay in front of them and you mash the button, DONE !

Sure sounds like Castlevania if you grind.

> The feeling to fight only 15 different enemies in total during the entire game.

Now you're reaching.

> The difficulty is set for the "ultra-noobs" and guess what, you have to finish the game in Normal to unlock hard(which is easy in reality) and only when you complete the normal AND the Hard mode then you have access to "nightmare"(which is normal++ in reality)

You can trivialize every Castlevania game. So what? Even Order of Ecclesia broke down on level 1 Hard runs after early-game. Plus, just use the NIGHTMARE cheat code to unlock Hard/Nightmare initially.

> The New Game+ has NO CHALLENGE at all, I killed the 1st boss with 3 button press. Yeah, 3 times and I killed the boss during the NG+. Unacceptable.

Did you even play Aria of Sorrow to Order of Ecclesia on NG+? You compared this game to Aria of Sorrow and Order of Ecclesia but did you completely forget those also had NG+ that did the exact same ****ing thing?

> The cinematics are awful and some texts are buggy.

Sure, cutscenes are stiff, but who cares?

> I had several bugs that froze entierely the game and forced me to reboot and loose my progression.
etc...

Sure, that's bad, but maybe you should have invested in a PC than an Xbox One X :^]

Sounds like you either don't remember Igavanias or you're talking out of your ass.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

EvilLucario

The Switch version, on the other hand, that DOES need work. I felt the input lag instantly which is a huge killer against this version, and it being 30fps does hurt quite a lot, but still playable (on PC as a test, I did part of a playthrough and forced a 30fps cap on PC and it didn't really bother me surprisingly. Even Switch is ok enough with 30fps). In handheld, it also seems very soft and doesn't exactly look like 720p if it is at all. (EDIT: After comparing to 720p on PC, I may have to reconsider this, but regardless something about it doesn't look too sharp.)

I have not tried it when docked, and I have not compared it with the Steam version with input lag reduction turned off just yet, but I will have to echo other people in that you should wait for patches to clean things up before jumping in. Or get it on PC. (EDIT: Even with input lag reduction turned off and capping at 30fps on PC, Switch still has more input lag. Oof.)

But the input lag alone is enough to not really recommend the Switch version, which is a shame.

Also just crashed within 30 minutes, when I ran without a single hitch on PC. Yeah, definitely buyer beware if you take the plunge on Switch.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

Hmm. Might hold off on starting this for a while.

I can put up with the occasional framerate hitch and presentation antics, but noticeable input lag annoys the hell out of me.

@EvilLucario A game running at 720p on the Switch in handheld mode should look razor sharp. 720p on your higher-resolution monitor isn't really comparable.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Then again I did play Xenoblade 2 in handheld like 70% of the time so maybe my eyes got burned in :^]

Just tried it docked and though there is a HUGE downgrade compared to my PC version, it still looks good enough. Just needs to smooth out the input lag and maybe even framerate.

Ralizah

@EvilLucario The lighting difference is pretty drastic, from what I've seen. It obviously doesn't look like a 3DS game, but the gulf in performance is unfortunate.

I don't know how you managed so much handheld Xenoblade 2. I'm not a resolution snob, but that game in handheld mode made me want to stab my eyes out. Which sucks, because, when docked, it's such a beautiful game. I think the sharpening filter actually hurts it more than the resolution dips, though.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Well, it's probably because I made multiple questionable decisions when playing Xenoblade for the first time. I played Xenoblade 1 entirely on the GamePad, and I tried playing Xenoblade X on the GamePad for the longest time (because I hate playing on TVs) for like 40 hours before getting SUPER annoyed with the small font on both the TV and GamePad and moved it all to my PC setup lol. So maybe after seeing the end of days, I wasn't so bummed over Xenoblade 2's resolution lmao, which at least outputted all fonts at 720p.

Also I was primarily gaming on my 3DS before getting a Switch so I was more "eased" into it, I guess? Who knows lol.

But yeah, Bloodstained's biggest cut is in lighting. Although those that claim this game looks like a 3DS should actually go back and see what a 3DS game REALLY looks like. Samus Returns, as much as I loved it, does not look as impressive as Bloodstained.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Ralizah

@EvilLucario 3DS games can look pretty cool with the 3D turned on. There's a visual appeal there that's impossible to replicate on other platforms.

In 2D, though? They're ugly. And that's fine, I think. Portable gaming isn't really about spectacle for me. Or most other people. There's a reason Uncharted wasn't a huge draw on the Vita, putting aside the change in developer.

In that respect, the lighting issues in Bloodstained's Switch port don't really bother me. It still looks OK, from what I've seen. Certainly better than previous handheld Castlevania titles, which is the only thing I'd really compare it to anyway. Input lag is a big no-no for me, though. Part of the fun of these games is the fluidity of movement. I want to control these characters, not send them suggestions via fax.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I just remembered that the 3DS version of Curse of the Moon runs at 30fps, lol. Goes to show how weak the 3DS was and how games were great mostly in spite of it. People absolutely do exaggerate when they say something is like a PS2 or 3DS game. It's like, you don't even remember what those types of games look like lol. Although 3D did help some games like Kid Icarus: Uprising and Samus Returns.

Lighting in Bloodstained, upon second examination, doesn't bother me either. Some people could probably look at that and say "hey, I like the more dank look", just like how some people prefer some lighting effects in vanilla Dark Souls compared to Dark Souls Remastered. Eh, not my problem though :^]

Edited on by EvilLucario

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Given that, you know what still impresses me? Resident Evil: Revelations. Despite the (necessarily) low-res textures, the game looked like something I would have played on a home console last gen. All it really took to work brilliantly as a home console experience were higher-res textures, too. How did they manage to create such a gorgeous game so early in the system's life cycle, considering how weak the hardware was?

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah MT Framework in general is really good. Reminder that Devil May Cry 4 is one of the best looking AND running games on PS3/360 early on in its life, just like Revelations (although Revelations was definitely 30fps), while DmC only ran at 30fps compared to DMC4.

Edited on by EvilLucario

BruceCM

Iga's Tweeted about the Switch problems & promised they're working on them....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

DenDen

720p isnt looking that bad in the handheld modus though, but indeed the game needs many fixes but im sure they are working on it!

Top 10 games
1 secret of mana
2 majoras mask
3 breath of the Wild
4 final fantasy 9
5 Octopath traveler
6 Lufia II
7 super mario world
8 bravely default
9 pikmin 2
10 Diddy kong racing

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

PCkid

@BacklogBlues Don't worry dude, you don't have to.
Just wanted to inform people that they can save $40/40€.
I already felt ripped off with my xbox one version so, you can imagine my reaction when I tried the Switch version. I couldn't believe that it was an Unreal Engine 4 game on the Switch, that bad it was.

Like I said, in my opinion, the game in itself is "overpumped" because it's Iga behind it, that's all.
It's not a bad game but I see it more like a grotesque plagiarism of the past with ugly artistic design choices.

@EvilLucario
You're just a fanatic to my mind. Have a nice day.

PCkid

NEStalgia

@Zuljaras Remember, announce your Kickstarter for the Switch version now so that when you release eventually on the Nintendo Projectatron 2, you can delete all your current progress and start again!

@BruceCM "Hi everyone! Remember the game I started over half a decade ago on another console, delayed 4 times, and finally released? Don't worry, I'm still working on it, it will be delivered eventually!"

@PCkid the artistic design choices I can't blame, as I put that up to "let's make it absolutely impossible for Konami's (Yakuza connected) lawyers (and clansmen) to find anything to hang onto. But if the game itself is bland that's a shame.

Still I'm excited to play it, although I won't be getting to it until after Vesperia at least. I'm not going into it with any SotN expectations since I've never played SotN past the entry area.

NEStalgia

PCkid

@NEStalgia

The bestiary is atrocious.
I swear the cats with horns are like made with photoshop in 5 seconds.
Flying pigs thingies whatever, uninspired bulls with wings, echtomorphs disgusting stuffs etc...

It's uninspired at the extreme, it's bland, it's tasteless, it's raw, it's insipid.

PCkid

Zuljaras

@NEStalgia Unfortunately Kickstarter is not available for my country.
Also I do not if I will have a Switch version because:

• I must be approved by Nintendo.
  • I must buy a Game Maker Studio 2 Switch export module for 800$ a year.

For now I focus on PC and will see later. I already implemented ALL kinds of controllers so this will be no problem.

Zuljaras

PCkid

@Zuljaras

If you use GML to make your game, you can export to PC/MAC and Linux without the modules.

Don't you have a video or screenshots somewhere ? Youtube ? A website ?
I'd like to see what you're doing (if it's possible).

PCkid

OmegaDestroyer

It's hard to take the promises that the devs are going to fix the Switch version seriously.

They blamed the shoddy PAX demo on Switch overheating when it seems incredibly apparent that it was due to poor optimization.

They delayed the game a week on Switch presumably to optimize it. But they didn't and were content on releasing a poor product.

I don't know how anybody could have faith that they will make timely updates or even bother to fix the Switch version.

OmegaDestroyer

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic