Forums

Topic: bloodstained: ritual of the night

Posts 321 to 340 of 643

CurryPowderKeg79

I'm sorry to hear that @PCkid if you were looking forward to this game as much as i was and you dislike it that much i can see why your totally upset.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

EvilLucario

@PCkid Dude, when you spout BS like bad collision detection (which is completely false) that's going from subjective territory to just infactual misinformation.

And this game is easily as good as Aria of Sorrow and easily beats Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin.

You know what also retailed at similar prices? The original GBA/DS games launched at $35 when they came out, and they all had a lot of recycled enemies (and sometimes even area aesthetics like in Dawn of Sorrow's opening area to Order of Ecclesia's village) from past games. $40 for Bloodstained is perfectly fine.

You are entitled to your opinions but expect pushback if you say some dumb things, especially "sheepie are followers, not leaders". Lmfao.

You're the same type of person that claims if BotW wasn't called Zelda it wouldn't be praised as much, which would also be BS.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@PCkid $6M wasn't the total cost. The Kickstarter was just a proof of concept for 505 to properly the other 75% under normal publishing contract terms. it cost way more than that.

All that being said, I also think you might be coming at it as too hardcore a fan that would be disappointed by different. I haven't played it yet, so maybe I'll disagree. But personally I've never actually played an IgaVania. I'm a classic Castlevania fan (1, 2, Super 4, the Game Boy games), never had a PSX so I never played Iga's stuff. By that standard I found Mercury Steam's 3DS castlevania to be tons of fun as well. I know it was a cut-down game but it was fun.

NEStalgia

NintendoByNature

Well, I still think I'm grabbing it. Maybe a day or two after launch to see if we get that Amazon discount that normally occurs after games launch. It sounds like some good castlevania fun. After coming off the collection and the only game i haven't finished yet is Simon's quest ( which i actually enjoyed what i played), I'm dying for more castlevania and it sounds like this will scratch that itch. I never played much of the gba or ds Games but I love the look of RoTN and I've watched plenty of videos to see it looks solid. The only thing I'm not keen on is I hear there's Tons of grinding which can always feel tedious. But I think I'm sold

NintendoByNature

PCkid

@EvilLucario

You're too evil for me to deserve an answer.

@NEStalgia

At $6M it's already a huge rip off but if you tell me that Bloodstained cost even more than that, wow
I admire how Iga ruled his little business... caught caught.

Edited on by PCkid

PCkid

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

@PCkid $6M wasn't the total cost. The Kickstarter was just a proof of concept for 505 to properly the other 75% under normal publishing contract terms. it cost way more than that.

Are you saying this cost $24M to make?

That sounds somewhat extreme.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

EvilLucario

@PCkid Lmao. Ok then.

Gotta admit though, very sneaky of Iga to somehow trick people into liking his newest game... or maybe his game was actually really good.

Untitled

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Dezzy i don't know the number, but i recall igarashi saying the KS was about 1/10 the actual needed capital, and the rest was from conventional publishing. I imagine it's not really 1/10... But it certainly sounds like less than half.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@BacklogBlues Beating dead horses is part of the fun in Castlevania though.

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

kkslider5552000

People who complain about video games have never played actually mediocre to bad video games tbh.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

CanisWolfred

@kkslider5552000 That's why I spent the entirety of 2016 and half of 2017 playing nothing but poorly made garage indie games, flash games, and free RPG Maker games that were often better described as "SNES' smelly leftovers". I also found a number of high-profile patreon-funded indie games, whose catastrophic failure I got to witness and chronicle in real time, and they truly made things like Mass Effect: Andomeda's hellish development cycle seem trivial in comparison.

So yeah, that was hell, I almost went insane (actually, I'm pretty sure I was insane for at least a few months), and the resulting desensitization caused me to waste even more of my spare time and money on terrible F2P loot-crate catastrophes that I never would've played otherwise.

It turns out, it's better to be ignorant. Forgive them, for they are blessed.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

BruceCM

Meanwhile, I can't wait to play this on Switch.... Still hyped for it

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

PCkid

@BruceCM

I just saw a footage of the Switch version in docked mode.
I don't know if you have another system or not but if you plan to play on a TV, skip the Switch version Bruce.
I played the entire game on Xbox One so it's still fresh in my memory and when I saw the rendering on the Switch, wow that's a big step back in terms of quality.

PCkid

Ralizah

So, this video gives a general sense of what the game looks like in handheld mode.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

BruceCM

@PCkid & @Ralizah, I only have a Switch & I'll be playing in handheld mode.... It looks great for that, at least I'm sure if you were playing on a big TV, other platforms would look even better

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Ralizah

Portability > Visuals and performance. At least as long as the game still looks and runs recent. Based on that video (and you know it'll look better in person), I can live with the compromises that were made.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PCkid

@BruceCM in this case, yeah no choice.

@Ralizah I'm not agree with you. The correct way to say it is :
For those who want to play the game on a small screen and everywhere, the Switch version is the way to go.
The others who play on big TVs, better to play on PC/PS4/XBOX ONE.

Now I understand why the launch of the Switch version is delayed an entire week. They don't want people to have a straight comparison between the Switch and the others.

PCkid

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic