Forums

Topic: Kirby: Star Allies

Posts 81 to 100 of 240

JaxonH

@Octane
Demos are just installed software. You can delete any installed software on Switch. In fact, you can even archive it and keep the save data and icon.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH Thanks! I'll check it out then.

I wish there was a demo for ARMS...

Octane

Lroy

Very pleasant surprise to see Nintendo gives us a demo for KIRBY STAR ALLIES. My son had a blast playing it having actually cooled on the idea of getting it Day 1 over the past couple of months. Looks like we may indeed pick this one up in a little over a fortnight's time. Wish all games had demos. E.g. Why isn't there a demo for ZELDA: BREATH OF THE WILD now?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Sakura7

Well played demo and slightly non-plussed. It feels like a step back from the wii u platformers. Of course wii u owners already own the masterclasses of 2D platformers, whetherit be Yoshi, Kirby,Mario, and DK. Feels like the Switch is playing catch-up. Already own Mario Kart, Bayonetta, and DK, and this feels like more of the same old same old. Thank God for nindies and Hamster.

Sakura7

Lroy

@Dev Okay, fair enough. I've played a few Kirby game demos for 3DS but can't recall ever playing a demo of KIRBY'S EPIC YARN (Wii), KIRBY RETURN TO DREAMLAND (Wii) or KIRBY RAINBOW PAINTBRUSH (Wii U) but maybe that's just me. Hey, ho. Whatever. I am very happy and was surprised to see this demo pop up on the eShop. Hope Nintendo do more of this sort of thing. Games like FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS would really benefit from getting demos.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Nintendoforlife

Octane wrote:

@JaxonH Thanks! I'll check it out then.

I wish there was a demo for ARMS...

When did you pick up your Switch?

Nintendoforlife

darkfenrir

Someone did Demo Analysis on the demo on twitter, and explain the possible reason why it's 30fps. It's quite reasonable nonetheless.

(And it's not video so no worries if you are lazy with watching video)

Edit: Note that you have to click on the twitter above to see more on it since it's actually quite lengthy comments

Edited on by darkfenrir

darkfenrir

Peek-a-boo

Wow! This looks really good on my television. I'm quite astonished by its visuals to be honest. The depth of field effect is so fitting, and ‘Kirby and friends’ just ooze with charm. The artstyle is fantastic.

On the other hand, the gameplay feels somewhat slow; HAL Laboratory either should raise up the movement speed or they should have targeted 60fps. I don't know how feasible 60fps with similar visuals would have been, but despite me praising its optics, I am not sure those are worth the slow(er) gameplay.

The game is £50 in the UK too, which is a lot of money for a very, very easy game. I actually purposely tried to see the ‘game over’ screen, and it took so, so long for Kirby to meet his doom...

Peek-a-boo

FragRed

@Peek-a-boo I agree with it being far too easy. I managed to kill the tree boss without it ever dropping a single apple. However, it is also worth noting that these are purely aimed at the kids in terms of gameplay and difficulty though a genuine hard mode would have been nice and add some challenge.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Agriculture

It's great playing the demo, but I hope they will allow you to have B for jump and Y to suck in enemies. It feels wrong with the button layout the demo has.

Agriculture

Peek-a-boo

@FragRed I loved Kirby Epic Yarn, but I never finished it due to being far, far too easy (Kirby couldn’t ‘die’, so to speak) and was incredibly shallow too. This demo gave me almost exactly the same vibe.

It is a game that wows you for a little while before tedium inevitably sets in. I am also quite aware that Kirby is more of a kids and family game however, being too easy is off-putting for everybody else.

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I liked the demo but didn't like the controls, fortunately according to the GameXplain stream you can change the controls to normal Kirby controls in the full game.

Thanks for the headsup, that sounds good.

GoldenGamer88 wrote:

The ally AI, I feel like, while helpful at times, can be quite the hindrance, too. With them present, the screen becomes rather chaotic at times and since they still look quite a lot like regular enemies, I keep mistaking them in the chaos. Plus, good luck inhaling that new ability when your allies kill everything on sight.

Exactly that. The helpers are far too present. When I was playing alone it was doable – only I was unable to ‘slow play’ to check out the abilities and combo’s. When I was playing with the GF (not very experienced with 2D platformers), I was more feeling like WE were the helpers and the AI was playing the game…

Furthermore, it’s a shame that you can’t easily swap between the helpers if you’re P2. It makes your span of control feel very limited.

I’ve pre-ordered this retail, but I’m in doubt now whether or not I’ll cancel it…

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

meleebrawler

When has it become news that Kirby games are generally easy? Kirby's Adventure wouldn't have had a place in my heart for being the first game I ever beat otherwise.

They usually wait until AFTER you've beaten the game to show their real fangs.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

toiletduck

meleebrawler wrote:

When has it become news that Kirby games are generally easy? Kirby's Adventure wouldn't have had a place in my heart for being the first game I ever beat otherwise.

They usually wait until AFTER you've beaten the game to show their real fangs.

It doesn't really bothers me that the game is easy, as long as it's fun. What bothers me, is that you can hardly play the game yourself

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Grumblevolcano

Kirby is the new Luigi, it seems you can beat bosses by doing nothing.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Agriculture

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Kirby is the new Luigi, it seems you can beat bosses by doing nothing.

Well, Kirby has always been an easy series. It was a nice break from Megaman 3 to play some Kirby's Adventure back in the NES days. The first boss of that game could be beaten by just having any copy ability and keep holding/pressing B.

Agriculture

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Pertaining to the above comments that you can win by doing nothing, here's proof.

Kirby Star Allies: Kirby WINS By Doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! (All Boss Fights - Demo Version)

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

TuVictus

Do you have to use the helpers?

TuVictus

meleebrawler

@MisterPi According to Gamexplain, only in certain areas and for certain puzzles. Otherwise soloing the game is quite feasible.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic