Forums

Topic: Kirby: Star Allies

Posts 61 to 80 of 240

Pokefanmum82

Already got this preordered. Look forward to playing with my kids.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Kiolu100

I really want to love the game, but I can't help but feel a bit suspicious after HAL's last two Kirby games being somewhat mediocure.

Meh, they were both spinoffs and HAL's last two mainline Kirby games were amazing, so I'm not too scared.

Kiolu100

RR529

This is the closest upcoming game that I'm really excited for. I adored Planet Robobot, and hope this can match up.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Dogorilla

I've only played a few older Kirby games and none of the newer ones (not because I don't want to, I just never got round to buying them). I want to play Star Allies but I'm not sure if it'll be worth full price. According to howlongtobeat.com the recent Kirby games all take around 7-10 hours to beat the main story, or 10-20 hours in total for 100% completion. If Star Allies is a similar length, that seems a bit short for a £45 game. I guess I'll just wait for a sale, and maybe buy Triple Deluxe and/or Planet Robobot once I get through my 3DS backlog.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nice little clip.

Google translation: "...... ZZZ ...... Jama ... Helloah ... .... Mumbo ... ... ... Ha! Sorry, I inadvertently fell asleep ...! A blue sky that spreads far, a flowering flowing in the wind ... The peaceful, beautiful Pupu Pland 's steppe is revealed. ... It is a pleasant place as far as I take a nap."

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Google translation: "In the depths of the mask, a dazzling shining eyes ...
It is the appearance of a lone Knight!
... I thought it was only one, four people! What?
Even though it seems to be strong, I wonder if I can make many such opponents ....
... It's going to be a fierce battle if the sword and the sword collide with each other."

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

19Robb92

Dev wrote:

"special movie"

They should make an entire Kirby game in that art-style, looks gorgeous.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

meleebrawler

From an enemy kingdom to an evil corporation (Robobot armour is a Stone form now) to what appear to be religious fanatics...

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano wrote:

On a different note, Kirby Star Allies demo is available now (not March 4th like the ad said).

Quoting from the Switch general discussion topic; for anyone who might've missed it in the roadmap discussion heat! Thanks to Grumblevolcano of course.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Paperboy

A demo for Star Allies should be available in the European Eshop. According to the official Dutch Nintendo site, haven't checked it myself.

Paperboy

elhozzo

just played the demo - two levels, one easy one 'hard' (thats how they are listed) ... looks lovely, plays like a Kirby ... couple of good boss battles, my kids will love this ... nothing major new , if you like Triple Deluxe, Robobot or Kirbys Return to Dreamland (Wii) - especially the last as its muliplayer, you will enjoy this ... bit high price, but .... will be getting it

elhozzo

FragRed

I just played the two levels in the demo on the UK eShop and I feel the CPU is way too OP. They seemed to kill most enemies before I even got a chance to do anything. Though that did come in handy in destroying that tree (I don't know enough about Kirby to know names) before it dropped a single apple. I feel this is a game much more suited to having real friends as oppose to CPU.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

TuVictus

Just hit me yesterday how close we are to release and now I'm properly excited. I've been playing much more intense games recently so I'm looking forward to just a fun co op game

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

I liked the demo but didn't like the controls, fortunately according to the GameXplain stream you can change the controls to normal Kirby controls in the full game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

The ally AI, I feel like, while helpful at times, can be quite the hindrance, too. With them present, the screen becomes rather chaotic at times and since they still look quite a lot like regular enemies, I keep mistaking them in the chaos. Plus, good luck inhaling that new ability when your allies kill everything on sight.

Aside from that, it's Kirby. You get what you expect from him.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Octane

Can you delete demos on the Switch? Or will it take Nintendo four years to implement a feature like that?

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic