Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 461 to 480 of 594

Ryu_Niiyama

@NEStalgia LOL what you just said. SF, Neo GEO games and any Shmups that are on the system...Fighting games and danmaku games are my heartbeat. (which is funny because I'm HORRIBLE at shmups...but I like to torture myself). The arcade was a magical place for me as a child, lol. Plus the Neo GEO is still my holy grail to this day. I'm waiting until I get a few more unique switch games before I buy every Neo GEO game (mainly because I have them in multiple other places) that the switch has but once I do...that HRAP is going to try to escape from my house. SF is honestly enough... so I don't feel like I have ham sandwiches attached to my wrists. The joycons are serviceable, but for a person that sucks at controller play (I blank on the inputs because I play so many systems...so trying to make a strategy AND remember what button is what is more than I can deal with mid match), I long for a real fightstick. Tetris will likely play better with a fightstick as well.

I'm loving ARMS still but I've gone back to wandering in Zelda (still not done) and SFII fights. ...Just started Cave story too...not impressed but since I paid for it I'll complete it. I'm switching to WiiU on the weekends because my backlog is so large it is depressing...like "what am I doing with my life?" depressing so I figured I'd start putting a dent into it. Randomly back to playing Skyrim (not sure why...considering it will be portable...and ugly soon) and I finally started Owlboy yesterday.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NinROCK3T

I think white JoyCons would be cool

Go 2 my YT channel "ninrock3t"

Switch Friend Code: SW-5352-8021-7831 | My Nintendo: NinROCK3T | Nintendo Network ID: NinROCK3T | Twitter:

silentium

I think I read that the green/pink joycon will only be released in fall 2017. So that's probably why you cannot pre-order them now.

I bought the pro controller, but do not really like it... it's too big and I feel like it destroys the smart and portable feel of the Switch. I love the look of the yellow pair.

silentium

JaxonH

I'm betting the Splatcons are announced as exclusive to a Splatoon 2 system bundle at the Thursday Direct.

I preordered the Splatcons from a 3rd party seller on Amazon Japan, and for just $100 shipped. That's only $15 more than it would have cost here after tax, so I'm good with that. Also have the Hori arcade stick locked in. I just want to experience authentic arcade gaming again. Neo Geo and Ultra Street Fighter II are enough, but I am hoping more games will make use of it down the line.

Also got the 8bitdo SNES controller, which works well. May upgrade to the USB-C version later this year though. Cancelled the Splatoon Pro Controller though. Just not a fan of the pro controller, but that's more because I just love the joycons so much, they're the perfect controller

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Nintendo4x4

I just want to find some of the neon color controllers in stock. I was barely able to find a console locally now I can't even find additional joycons. The supply situation is still aggravating.

Nintendo4x4

mav-i-am

burger_king wrote:

mav-i-am wrote:

Bit the bullet and ordered a NES30 controller. will pass on my thoughts when I have used it some.

very tempted to get the SNES30 Pro when it comes out... how do these controllers work with the switch though, i thought it didnt have bluetooth ?

Untitled

connects via bluetooth, update the firmware then do the sync procedure (twice) worked for me.

At under £30 I can live without NFC and Gyro!

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Ryu_Niiyama Haha....there's a part of me having second thoughts on the RAP. I want it. I need it. Arcades were a golden palace to me as a kid. And yet....how often am I going to hook up a bulky wired controller to a system designed around convenient control methods, when most of the fighters I want to play can't use it! (Pokken, Arms...unless Pokken CAN use it which wouldn't make sense since even the arcade doesn't.) I'm not a huge shmups fan. I like them, but don't love them. I just bought Last Resort PURELY because I'm getting the HRAP (And I LOVED Super R-Type...)

Where am going to STORE the beast?! It's one of those things I don't have too much real use for, I question how much it will actually BE used due to being wired...and yet I just can't cancel the preorder!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Samus7Killer

how's the DPAD compare on the Bitdo one's compared to the Pro Controller???

Samus7Killer

mav-i-am

Samus7Killer wrote:

how's the DPAD compare on the Bitdo one's compared to the Pro Controller???

not used the pro enough to compare, but the NES30 feels like a good third party controller, "proper" ones are always better IMHO.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

concra

Splatoon 2 joy con (green and pink) now available for pre order on official UK site

concra

Krull

Got my yellow joy-cons yesterday. Phew, they are bright! Love them!

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Stereoman

A little warning to people out there buying mixed colored joycon twin sets!

1Week ago in holidays i bought the Joy con pair set Neon red / Neon blue in other country. First i was excited to finally get a one colored blue and red joycon set, but was very dissapointed when i came home!
The box art shows clearly a + neon blue joycon which has the IR camera (right side)and a - neon red joycon which has no IR (left side)
Inside the box instead i found neon red + joycon and neon blue - joycon.
Apparently nintendo cant box joycons probably or something went wrong with a third party packaging firm ...

Now i don really know what to do? Since i bought it in a store in a foreign country it would be a hassle to get exchanged with the shop ... Is it possible that i send it directly to nintendo as a faulty / wrong packaged product and they would send me back correct + and - colors?

Sorry im customer service noob and honestly very dissapointed by nintendos packaging quality ... Ok i bought a product with blind faith but i thought they had standarised packaging or quality service?

Please help and how often this happens?
Im really scared now of buying mix colored splatoon joycons :`(
the yellow joycon set seems now so easy and safe to buy ...
:`(

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

mav-i-am

mav-i-am wrote:

burger_king wrote:

mav-i-am wrote:

Bit the bullet and ordered a NES30 controller. will pass on my thoughts when I have used it some.

very tempted to get the SNES30 Pro when it comes out... how do these controllers work with the switch though, i thought it didnt have bluetooth ?

Untitled

connects via bluetooth, update the firmware then do the sync procedure (twice) worked for me.

At under £30 I can live without NFC and Gyro!

quick update,

I have had to re sync the controller a few times now, not impressed!

Switch games list,

Souljaman22

Anybody picking up the splatoon 2 joy con comfort grip?
picked up 2 yesterday. They look really cool

Souljaman22

blaisedinsd

Just got a switch yesterday.

Still adjusting to the controls, lack of Dpad. I also am not liking having the analogs being offset. I am used to the Wii U having both sticks on top and find that preferable.

Hopefully these issues go away once developing some new muscle memory.

SW-7087-5868-6390

Samus7Killer

blaisedinsd wrote:

Just got a switch yesterday.

Still adjusting to the controls, lack of Dpad. I also am not liking having the analogs being offset. I am used to the Wii U having both sticks on top and find that preferable.

Hopefully these issues go away once developing some new muscle memory.

Congrats on finding a Switch.
I am still not used to the imbalance of the sticks with this new Nintendo System. I despise XBOX and pretty disappointed with Nintendo going that direction for their controls. The DPad on the Pro is pure garbage for fighting games and isn't precise. Pretty sad the DS4 is a superior controller than the overpriced Pro. I'd gladly give up HD Rumble for a headphone jack and a Normal Fully functional DPad.
DS4>SPro

Samus7Killer

Sourjolly

I'm ready for them to release a customized section in there website for joy-cons. It'd be hella expensive but I really want some dark blue ones. I'd be fine with side parties making them.

Sourjolly

wasilewski

I really hope someone releases a joycon controller with a D pad on it soon. Playing fighting games with the 4 button d pad is difficult. The stick is ok, but it does make certain movements difficult to perform.

wasilewski

Switch Friend Code: SW-4558-8602-8597 | My Nintendo: heavymetal

Luna_110

It would be great if they had some equivalent of the Xbox Lab Design for the joycons, I'd love to have my own personalized pair.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Sorry, this topic has been locked.