Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 181 to 200 of 594

Turbo857

@Therad

Agreed. They're there for convenience to quickly and easily accommodate on-the-go multiplayer. I'm sure the Switch Pro controller and an additional Switch Grip controller could be substituted as alternative options in portable mode as well.

Subscribe to the Level 857 - Video Game Entertainment Channel!: https://goo.gl/Zy9RTD
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/level857
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/level857
Twitter: https://twitter.com/level857

12cloudenvy34

I like how they resemble either side of the N3DSXL controller

12cloudenvy34

KirbyTheVampire

@KidRad It's for convenience. No one wants to lug around 2 controllers and a device with a screen that's 2 feet long. Obviously if you had another choice, you would go to someone's house and play on the TV, or online with two separate Switch's.

KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

@KidRad I've never used VR, so I can't offer my opinion on that, but the Wii motion controls just seemed kind of gimmicky, honestly. They were cool for games like Wii Sports, but swinging a controller around is no more exciting than pressing a button in the vast majority of cases. They were more of a novelty item than something that really helped gameplay in any way. At least with the joy-cons, you're able to play games on the go with a friend using only one Switch. I don't know whether it's uncomfortable to use them because obviously I've never had them in my hands, but hey, at least it's something that's actually functional.

It is a bit of a Wii U re-do, but at least it's a re-do that people will actually like. The gamepad was just another gimmick, aside from the rare cases that you actually needed it, like with Super Mario Maker. You couldn't take it anywhere or really do anything with it. It was basically rehashing what the Wii motion controls were. Just a cool little thing that served little to no purpose. The Switch is kind of gimmicky, but at least it's a gimmick that will enhance my gaming experience in a pretty big way. Portable AAA games? Take my money.

Edited on by KirbyTheVampire

KirbyTheVampire

erv

Vr is good but will take a while to be great. For the first time they got execution right though (l remember it from years ago in earlier phases) and now it's just much better.

The joy-con seem pretty nice to me. Sitting at a table having a quick two player game is gonna happen a lot I guess.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

blaisedinsd

I am really bothered by the lack of a Dpad. How can a Nintendo system not have a Dpad? The Dpad was the defining feature of the NES that turned Nintendo in to the gaming giant it is today. It boggles the mind.

SW-7087-5868-6390

DefHalan

@blaisedinsd The D-pad is on the "Pro Controller" which looks better than the Joy-Cons but also looks like a worst version of the Xbox One controller. (Not a fan of the Xbone controller, but have had limited use with it)

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Dpullam

Honestly, I love the final released version of the Nintendo Switch console. It's exactly what I would want a controller to look like, Sleek, ergonomically designed, and detachable. I especially like the tablet style configuration. I can see myself using that ALOT.

Gamertag: DeePullThree
Switch Friend Code: SW-2321-5988-1019
PlayStation 5 User Profile: DeePullThree

Pazzo-TheFool

Can't wait to stretch myself out over the couch with a controller in each hand.

I'll be like Sloth Incarnate.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

cwong15

Anybody thinks Nintendo will let us bring our WiiU Gamepad controller over to the Switch to add back dual screen gaming? I can see that being useful for DS/3DS VC or some WiiU ports.

cwong15

Luna_110

@cwong15
I doubt it, since Nintendo is doing the best they can to distance themselves from the Wii U. For the ports they'll build some extra menu if the second screen was necesary, like with XCX.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Octane

@Ralizah $70 for a Pro Controller? Already thought that $60 was ridiculous, this is insane. Also, $80 for a Joy-Con set!? And $50 separately.. lol. Even the dock, nothing more than plastic and some ports is $90...

Octane

Ralizah

@Octane I really, really hope Nintendo adjusts these prices soon. I am NOT paying $90 for another dock.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Octane

@Ralizah Me neither, I was thinking about getting another dock for €30 or something that would allow me to play on my other TV. Not happening by the looks of it.

Octane

Honelith

I'm really impressed with the JoyCons, they've crammed alot of buttons and features into a tiny thing. I had no idea that it had 2 shoulder buttons and a trigger button, the HD rumble feature looks interesting and I like how it can sense hand gestures, I hope games make use of that to allow for quick switching.

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Luna_110

Holy moly. I'll get the pro controller down the road then - With a discount in my local store or with a gift card. But I'm not paying 70 dollars cash!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

AtomicSoda

Anyone seen how many joy con's can be hooked to a single switch? They showed two. Curious if four can be hooked up or will need two switch units and two games for four to play together.

AtomicSoda

Emperor-Palpsy

What has been confirmed is that the Pro Controller features an accelerometer, gyro and NFC reader. If it also features analogue triggers, then it's pretty much a must buy.

cackle

KirbyTheVampire

Emperor-Palpsy wrote:

What has been confirmed is that the Pro Controller features an accelerometer, gyro and NFC reader. If it also features analogue triggers, then it's pretty much a must buy.

Forcing us to spend as much money as possible seems to be Nintendo's strategy here.

KirbyTheVampire

Sorry, this topic has been locked.