Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 141 to 160 of 594

AlliMeadow

@shaneoh at first I thought it was so that both controls had easy to the shoulder buttons when held sideways, but if that was their thought it should have been the left joy con that had the low stick, and the right joy con should have it high. A weird decision.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

6ch6ris6

@shaneoh the plus and minus buttons are to detache the controllers. you can see it at the beginning of the video where the joy-cons are detached. the guy presses those two buttons

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

skywake

Emperor-Palpsy wrote:

Why is everyone just presuming that NX will feature a second-screen and detachable controllers? The Eurogamers article was simply a rumour with no hard evidence. Also, if we consider the term hybrid as software crossing two platforms, that doesn't immediately equate a two-in-one product.

Emperor-Palpsy wrote:

Come on, let's get real here. There is more evidence pointing towards an AMD deal than an NVIDIA one. In fact, the source who reported the only real evidence for Tegra admitted themselves that their source was sketchy. Since then, many fans have jumped on this bandwagon without taking the time to think through the logic.

hehe

Emperor-Palpsy wrote:

Likewise, what incentive is their for Nintendo to use Tegra? That would effectively kill off third-party support all for the sake of mobile gaming..

oh how I love how this all panned out

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Midnight_Blue_XV

the wiimote feel is still there on those tiny multiplayer controllers.

Midnight_Blue_XV

Late

They had to have the A/B/X/Y buttons and the right stick the other way around compared to the left side since the rounded side is more comfortable in hands and I believe there are also extra L and R buttons on the flat side which slides into the screen when attached. Take a look at the Mario Kart trailer and you can see the guy on the right releasing his finger from the hidden R button to stop drifting. Mario Kart basically requires those buttons since you have one finger steering, one accelerating and you also have to use items and drift which are done with L and R. They had to have the right stick in the middle to both make the controller work when separated (see the reasons above) and to make it comfortable to use when attached to the screen as opposed to moving it even more downwards to make it an exact opposite of the left stick position.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

G2G

The best overview about the new Nintendo Switch Console

[removed]

@G2G If you only come here to advertise your own site, I suggest you do that elsewhere - Octane

Edited on by Octane

G2G

JoyBoy

The best overview is a German written piece?...

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

WebHead

Untitled with this image i can visually confirm analog triggers. See images 2nd down on the left and 3rd down on the right. on the left image notice how the fingers are pushing down on the ZR.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@WebHead He's just inserted a game card, doesn't look like he's pushing any buttons.

Octane

WebHead

@Octane even so his fingers are clearly pressing on it. again compare it to the 3rd image down on the right where nothing pushes it.

WebHead

6ch6ris6

@WebHead no you're making things up. the triggers look very digital to me. just like the treiggers from the wiiU gamepad.
too bad. triggers really need to be analog IMO. the best ones (and biggest ones) i have ever experienced were on the big duke controller from the original xbox. say what you want about the size of that controller, but the triggers were amazing!

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

WebHead

@6ch6ris6 Considering trusted sources such as laura dale say analog, no i am not.

WebHead

6ch6ris6

@WebHead well then it's a tiny bit "analog". doesnt look like you can push that trigger very far.

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Octane

@WebHead I have to agree with @6ch6ris6 here. They don't look analog. And I'm certain that he isn't pressing anything in the picture, just looks like it. The final concept may include analog triggers, or maybe this version already has analog triggers, but they don't look analog to me.

Octane

Vinny

This is a bit confusing, will each joycon have its own battery?

This blue eye perceives all things conjoined. The past, the future, and the present. Everything flows and all is connected. This eye is not merely seen reality. It is touching the truth. Open the eye of truth... There is nothing to fear.

PSN: mrgomes2004

Octane

@Vinny They have to. They're used separately (in the airplane scene). That's at least three batteries, one for the main units, two for the Joy-Cons. I have no idea what's inside of the grip unit, whether that has its own batteries or whether that drains a bit of power from the Joy-Cons.

Octane

Nintensity

I was thinking when splitting the joy con controllers apart for 2 players in a FPS game, it won't turn out to be good without the other stick to control your view, but if it has motion control like what certain reports are saying, you can use that instead.

Nintensity

Octane

@Nintensity I don't think the Joy-Cons even have their own triggers. As much as I loved the message that the trailer was going for, I'm doubtful that you're playing all multiplayer games on individual Joy-Cons. It's probably a feature that will be limited to party games and the likes.

Octane

Sorry, this topic has been locked.