Forums

Topic: Switch Controller Discussion

Posts 101 to 120 of 594

WebHead

Considering aonuma said the Zelda experience will be the same I think we can all sleep soundly knowing nx controller will have buttons.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

ErrantEmbers

@DefHalan Well, what I meant was that Skyward Sword's whole game was built around the use of motion control. Enemies had to be cut a certain way, the boss fights involved using motion controls, the way you battled, the way you swung your sword, all depended on motion controls. Also, the tech might exist in Skyward Sword but Breath of the Wild looks like it was built from the ground up, and thus using a different engine, so what worked well in Skyward Sword will not necessarily work in Breath of the Wild. It's like trying to play Super Mario 64 with Super Mario World tech, and for people asking for 2-D Controls. It's not gonna happen unfortunately.

ErrantEmbers

DefHalan

@KrakenSoup that is such a bad example. You are going from a 2D game to a 3D game. What I am saying is tracking a Wii Remote 1:1 is already done. They could bring that over. I don't think it would be so difficult. They don't need to change gameplay for attacking enemies from certain angles, they could just have the Wii Remote Plus be an optional control method

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

erv

I hope for originality with nintendo quality ergonomics. I always thought that nintendo has so much nicer ergonomics in their controllers. I loved the originality of the wii - it was a shame it took developers longer than average to figure it out.

I do hope I can buy 4 of them without paying 200+ this time though. Those things are expensive…

Odds are up that the system will have something original in its controller.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Pigeon

I do hope the NX will allow for compatibility with a variety of controllers. The wiimote & nunchucks, the Wii U tablet, classic controller and whatever new controller is store for the NX.

Several Wii U games allowed wiimote controls as a secondary option and for some games it was a viable, perhaps even a preferred option over the tablet.

Pigeon

Chris720

It's Nintendo, they'll come out with some whacky controller that will blow everyone away. At least for a while until the gimmick falls away and you're left with a meh controller.

I loved the Wii Remote, it was revolutionary in the way you could control your character. But you sure as hell could not play anything without having to sit up or stand up. No laying down for you.

The Wii U GamePad was a great idea, but how many developers actually use that screen now? Or better yet, how many actually for any real benefit besides a map? Even Nintendo have said themselves that it distracted gamers from being immersed into the experience.

Nintendo have always pushed what a game could really become. Motion became the biggest thing ever that even Microsoft and Sony copied it. Playing your game via your controller without the need of the TV was brilliant that even Sony copied it. But, Nintendo... just give us a bog standard controller.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

DefHalan

Chris720 wrote:

It's Nintendo, they'll come out with some whacky controller that will blow everyone away. At least for a while until the gimmick falls away and you're left with a meh controller.

To me comments like this always seem to ignore any gimmick Nintendo had before the Wii. Rumble, Analog Stick, Sholder Buttons. These all stuck around, and I don't see Motion Controls leaving anytime soon. In fact they seem to be increasing in popularity with VR Headsets. The Wii U has had its share of problems but lets not discount the power of a "gimmick" just because the GamePad is considered a failure.

I am actually expecting Nintendo to come out with a new Motion Controller and finally replace the Wii Remote.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MarcelRguez

Chris720 wrote:

But you sure as hell could not play anything without having to sit up or stand up. No laying down for you.

As someone who tends to lies down to play games on the Wii, I can assure this statement is utterly, blatantly, absolutely false.

On topic, I'm hoping for a regular controller, going by Aonuma's comments. I doubt the new patent that emerged today will see the light of day.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Syntech

This is my idea of what it may look like.
https://www.anony.ws/i/2016/07/06/NintendoNX.jpg

I did a lot of tinkering with this design. Where as the DS and the 3DS/2DS have 2 screens this actually has (technicaly) 3. The middle screen is a standard 900p (1600x900) touchscreen while having 2 half-900p(800x900) free formed non-touchscreens on ether side while not having any borders between screens like some smartphones. This will give a wider viewing angle with the additional screens and prevent the buttons from obstructing the main screen. Having free formed non-touchscreen behind the buttons will also prevent unintended touching. This will allow the main screen to retain the touch function while the 2 side screens allow icons/information to be displayed near the buttons. I also added 2 scroll wheel shoulder buttons but I would not think these would act like full scroll wheels but instead act like half scroll wheels. This way you can use them for scrolling or for L1, L2, L3 for multi system ports (left, right and press). Other then that it is a mix of DS and WiiU Pad design complete with camera and infrared. You cannot see it on this picture (because I turned the back lights off) but I gave it a smart phone feel by having wifi/battery information appear in the top bar to the right of the device and on the bottom bar in the middle I have -Select/+Start/Home soft keys that light up when the device is on/awake.

The only issue of the design is to get the main screen to a decent size the overall size comes out to be around 3.5"x7".

Edited on by Syntech

Syntech

WebHead

@Syntech that's a nice look.

WebHead

Syntech

@WebHead Thanks! I plan on rendering some more shots, this time with the screen on.

Syntech

WebHead

@Syntech looking forward to it.

WebHead

Shahinshah

Do guys think it's true thta Nintendo NX will cost around 300 pounds in the UK?

Shahinshah

GrailUK

@Shahinshah I have no idea what the NX is mate. I would like to add... nor does anyone else! So some are going to tell you yes they think it's true and others will tell you no they think it won't. Really what they mean to say is they don't know Hope that clears things up lol.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Mantiss

Untitled
I know you will all be very much happy with the nx,
Here is something to tide you over.

-xMantiss

Edited on by Mantiss

Mantiss

Pigeon

Mantiss wrote:

Untitled

-xMantiss

No 2nd analogue? GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pigeon

GrailUK

Pigeon wrote:

Mantiss wrote:

Untitled

-xMantiss

No 2nd analogue? GTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and the d-pad looks like it is a thumb cramping position. (Just saying) but very nice image mate

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

ntdojoe

Mantiss wrote:

Untitled

Oh my, this looks nice (assuming that, judging from this perspective, it's much smaller, more comfy, than the Wii U GamePad brick).

Just make the display a bit larger, give it a built-in amiibo reader (picture doesn't say of it already has or not) and add a second joystick above ABXY buttons, and it's a damn nice controller. Oh yes, and don't forget the + and – buttons!

Edited on by ntdojoe

Check out my big NX concept on http://ntdojoe.wordpress.com.
Concept includes Nintendo Portable, Nintendo Ultimate, NintendOS, Miitopia, RePlay, N Cam and more.

Twitter:

Emperor-Palpsy

Fuzzy image? Compression and chroma artefacts? Bad rendering?

Legit for sure.

cackle

Sorry, this topic has been locked.