Forums

Topic: Go Vacation (Nintendo Switch)

Posts 101 to 120 of 125

Kimyonaakuma

They just uploaded a launch trailer on the Nintendo UK YouTube channel and it says that you can use motion controls or standard controls.
Hopefully that's true in every part of the game!

Kimyonaakuma

ThanosReXXX

@Kimyonaakuma I think it's pretty safe to say that you CAN use standard controls, since they not just said it, they also showed it:

But, as also clearly shown in the trailer, certain activities are still motion controlled. However, the trailer does also seem to indicate that either handheld or two player mode will be completely non-motion controlled.

Guess we'll find out soon enough, seeing now that it has officially launched, we may expect a review on NLife soon...

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

Nintendo Network ID: ThanosReXX

ThanosReXXX

@ReaderRagfish Well, there you go.

P.S.

Personally, I'm not really interested in that review, nor do I have any use for it, since I don't have a Switch. But I do have the original game on the Wii, so all of my comments in this thread are based upon my experience with that version.

You might wanna give @Kimyonaakuma a heads up, though. His comment was the reason I posted the video in the first place...

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

'The console wars are like boobs: Sony and Microsoft fight over which ones look the nicest and Nintendo's are the most fun to play with.'

jn2002dk

You can use Miis but sadly you can't escape motion controls completely. For example, when you crash on ski or snowboard you have to do an upwards flick to get back up. Also, half of the tricks requires flicking. At least i've found no way of doing them in another way

jn2002dk

loopingstar

@jn2002dk Yeah sadly I just discovered that ! Bungee jumping , surfing and the other trick based games are all but unplayable in handheld mode as they still rely on the very unresponsive motion controls. How the hell are you supposed to chuck your Switch around and look at the screen at the same time. Really poor quality control if anyone thought this was ok .

loopingstar

jn2002dk

@loopingstar Yea, it's a pretty big oversight. I can't imagine doing well on harder level trick based events like this

jn2002dk

Leegrids

First hour of the brand new Nintendo Switch game Go Vacation, released on July 27th 2018.

Edited on by Leegrids

Leegrids

ThanosReXXX

@Leegrids You might wanna either remove that video, or the comment where you're asking people to subscribe: that's not allowed on here, and you could therefore potentially be the cause of this thread being locked by admins, which would be a shame, because a lot of other people just want to keep talking about this game without other people spoiling it for them, because they don't stick to the site rules...

Leegrids

@ThanosReXXX I was unaware of the site rules and have amended. I'm not about spoiling anything for anyone

Leegrids

ThanosReXXX

@Leegrids No problem man. Thought I just give you a heads up, before one of the mods noticed, by which time it would have been too late. Better safe than sorry, as the saying goes.

Leegrids

@ThanosReXXX I appreciate that man thanks. I agree and caught it just in time I hope! This is all new to me I'm not a superstar YouTuber or anything. I just thought somebody might like to get a peek at the game. It's a lot of fun and I'm enjoying playing it, even if it's probably a game for multiple players rather than solo!

Leegrids

ThanosReXXX

@Leegrids You're welcome.
You might wanna give the community rules a once over, though. Just in case you still missed something,
or for future reference:
https://www.nintendolife.com/rules

Edited on by ThanosReXXX

Leegrids

Read them, and I changed the wording slightly as I don't want my link to be considered begging. It's just a video that people can check out if they want really. It will probably bore the heck out of most people anyway lol

Leegrids

ThanosReXXX

@Leegrids I think that posting the video alone will potentially do just fine. If people are curious after having watched it, they'll go to YouTube anyway.

Leegrids

@ThanosReXXX Yeah very true. Thanks for the heads up man I love gaming forums there are so many cool people around. I'd never intentionally break the rules but I'm such a skimmer when it comes to reading I always miss something!

Leegrids

ThanosReXXX

@Leegrids Well, I guess we prevented that, this time around...

Titanica

Hello! I have a question. I've played the original Wii version of Go Vacation and loved it. In the game, there were GOLD keys that you could get to get awesome furniture. In the Switch version, where are these Gold Keys? How do I unlock the special types of villas and the special furniture? Thanks!

Titanica

Leegrids

I've only played the first hour so far but if you have watched the video you'll see at the end I was given some keys. Not sure if they were gold ones! I was actually wondering what they were for. I think they must be what you're talking about. Hope that helps

Leegrids

ThanosReXXX

@Titanica Well, I'd say just keep playing the game, and you'll come across them eventually.
Chances are, they rearranged some stuff to also make it interesting for people who have already played the Wii version.

But, if it's spoilers that you're looking for, here's a complete secrets guide:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/switch/239138-go-vacation/faqs/...

Needless to say, obviously, but don't click on it, if you DON'T want to see the entire list of secrets revealed...

Kimyonaakuma

I went back to play the original (because if you already own it it's technically free! ), and it's still enjoyable! I wasn't sure if would be because I'm not 11, 12 or whatever age I was when it released but it holds up today...but I can't see myself spending that much money for a Switch version.

.....and I forgot about THAT song..

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N! ...in the summer sun!

...it's painful

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.