Forums

Topic: Fortnite

Posts 141 to 160 of 308

Undead_terror

Wish the random lag spikes and the far-away models up close when you land would be fixed, never had a problem with the last season, but these couple things are annoying.

Still leveling up, currently level 25 and tier 48, just waiting for more challenges to do.

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

Anyone else feel like they're experiencing more 'missed' or 'dropped' shots this season, in addition to the inconsistent lag? A player in the center of my crosshairs should be hit at least once with a minigun, 15 feet away.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Azooooz

@HobbitGamer Minigun works best at close range and for demolishing opponent's building. It's not wise to use it at medium-long range.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

HobbitGamer

@Azooooz It was an example, but I do use each weapon within the effective range. I usually don't even bother with tearing down buildings, since everyone is always poking half their bodies out from cover, anyway

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Dogorilla

Azooooz wrote:

I advise to use motion on ADS only, as motion on the move is somewhat difficult to control.

What does ADS stand for? I saw it in the motion control settings but couldn't work out what it meant.

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Builder Pro is definitely ideal. Rather then pressing shoulder buttons to swap to a specific piece, each piece gets it's own shoulder button. One press to swap to it, and then just one press for each piece afterwards. I'm not quite at the “wizard“ level of building, but even for basic defense, it helps a lot.

Plus, the combat mode controls are the same as Combat Pro. Which is leaps and bounds better then “Old School“ (as it is now called) and Quick Builder.

Is Builder Pro objectively better than Combat Pro then, or does Combat Pro have any useful features that Builder Pro doesn't?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Banjo-

@DarthNocturnal I am trying the Builder Pro controls, better than Combat Pro.

I also have an Xbox Elite controller, if anyone has it and wants to share their mapping.

Banjo-

Azooooz

Have you encountered a bug where you can't remove your loading screen or back bling? I think I am not the only one, right?

Edited on by Azooooz

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Banjo-

Hey guys, I am enjoying the game, reminds me of my Goldeneye 007 childhood, but I am bad at building, like, really bad, especially for defending under pressure. I can't focus. Isn't there a solo mode to practise? I haven't found any.

Banjo-

Dogorilla

@DarthNocturnal Ah that makes sense, thanks. I'll try out Builder Pro next time I play.

@BlueOcean They did add a Playground mode very recently, basically a practice/sandbox mode where you can do whatever you want, but I think it's been temporarily removed due to some bugs in it or something along those lines. I imagine it will be brought back soon.

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Banjo-

@Dogorilla Yes Builder Pro is objectively better than Combat Pro because the control scheme for combat is the same, the difference is that Builder Pro use four shortcuts for building while Combat Pro use a go next/go back scheme for building which is not convenient in a game this fast-paced. The names are confusing, I know. The other two control schemes are even more cumbersome.

I was shooting a guy that was running away, he turned back and shoot me and kill me before I did. I had a good weapon, purple assault rifle, and 100% health and 100% shield but he killed me in a few seconds, what's going on??

Banjo-

erv

I fixed my inconsistent lag (I hope) by restarting the switch. It made all the difference. I'm not sure whether or not that was incidental though.

Oh and I love the motion aiming. I'm finally getting to a point where I'm aiming fast enough to do things. Lovely game this one.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Jbow

my friend code is SW 4441-57101631 if anyone wants to squad on fortnite

Jbow

Azooooz

This may not be related to this thread directly, but Epic has released a new version of its Unreal Engine dubbed v4.20, which “significantly improved Nintendo Switch developments”. The below is a quote from the website and the link to it.

New: Optimizations and Improvements for Shipping on Nintendo Switch.

We have significantly improved Nintendo Switch development by releasing tons of performance and memory improvements built for Fortnite on Nintendo Switch to all Unreal Engine developers!

This includes the following:

• Support for Dynamic Resolution and Temporal Upsampling.
  • Low Latency Frame Syncing for Controller Input.
  • Significant CPU Rendering Optimizations
  • Improvements to Threading.
  • Better Texture Compression.
  • Support for Memory Profiling.
  • Backbuffer support for 1080p while in docked mode.
  • And many other fixes!

Link: https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/blog/unreal-engine-4-20-re...

It’s only a matter of time before we see a significant performance/visual upgrade for Fortnite on the Switch. Another benefit of Fortnite being on Switch.

Edited on by Azooooz

Guovssohas

^^ I'm hoping we can get a rock solid 30fps with those improvements at least.

Guovssohas

xkinigitx

I was really hoping this morning's update would fix the fps drop that happens (especially during 50v50 matches) as I have had a lot of trouble with it when docked. Doesn't seem to have helped this. Anyone still having issues, or notice improvements with the performance of the game today?

High School Teacher / Player of Games
Playing Nintendo since 1990!

Switchnado

I actually saw on Reddit that the Nintendo Switch version of Fortnite already had these improvements downloaded already so don't expect anything different.

Nickname: Dahron
~~~RockingTheSwitch~~~
Always looking for new friends so drop a add when ya can.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8245-0023-7921

Azooooz

@RockingTheSwitch The Unreal Engine had just got the update today, so I doubt that the improvements are already implemented. Epic is still optimizing the switch version, and we'll see the improvements in the future.

Undead_terror

Wish that the big lag spikes and the far distance models up close would be fixed, was really troubling when I had to get 3 kills at Paradise and I flew into a something like this and the lag was at it's worst.

Also done this weeks challenges, besides some of the annoying challenges, I don't worry about not being able to get all the challenges done because I'm pretty sure I will get them done, I just hope I can get a max of 500,000 XP before the season ends.

Edited on by Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Azooooz

@Undead_terror If your friends have battle pass, you'll get even more EXP points since they have friend EXP boost. So I suggest playing squad mode with friends more often.

Undead_terror

Ya I usually play with a couple with the pass, but it will be great when I get that 120% boost and then any help from others.

Also that's good to hear, I dont have Omegas lights or Carbides, but I do have the masks which was what I wanted, and at the time I started the pass late so it did become a annoying fast grind.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic