Forums

Topic: Football Manager 2018

Posts 1 to 20 of 133

kobashi100

It's coming guys

kobashi100

gcunit

Are they still releasing FM on the other consoles, or had they given up on that and just gone for the mobile version?

I've not tried the mobile version, but it would be nice to think the Switch will get something a bit fuller.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Kova

I'm afraid that we get just a mobile version.

Kova

toiletduck

Thanks for the headsup. I'll keep an eye on this.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

kobashi100

gcunit wrote:

Are they still releasing FM on the other consoles, or had they given up on that and just gone for the mobile version?

I've not tried the mobile version, but it would be nice to think the Switch will get something a bit fuller.

They stopped releasing FM on consoles. Developers always said that they felt it wasn't a TV experience game.

Also SI release 3 versions every year. The full fat game. FM touch and FM mobile.

The touch game is for tablets and is practically the whole game. This is the version which the switch will get.

http://www.footballmanager.com/games/football-manager-touch-2018

Kova wrote:

You are wrong. Switch will get FM touch.

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

toiletduck

kobashi100 wrote:

Kova wrote:

You present this as a fact. Do you have a source or any conclusive evidence for this? Just curious!

toiletduck

kobashi100

toiletduck wrote:

kobashi100 wrote:

Kova wrote:

You present this as a fact. Do you have a source or any conclusive evidence for this? Just curious!

The original leak from Korea was for football manager touch. SI in that tweet basically confirmed it is coming.

Secondly releasing the mobile version on switch just wouldn't make any sense at all. The vita never got the mobile versions but now with more powerful hardware, SI are gonna go back and release the mobile version on switch. That's simply not gonna happen!

kobashi100

toiletduck

@kobashi100 I was thinking more of a 3rd, Switch specific/optimized version. So that doesn't seem likely then.

toiletduck

electrolite77

This is great news IMHO

Xbox Gamertag - GJB77XBOX

Playstation ID - GJB77

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

belmont

Great news. The last FM console game was on Vita ages ago where the touch screen helped a lot.

belmont

kobashi100

toiletduck wrote:

@kobashi100 I was thinking more of a 3rd, Switch specific/optimized version. So that doesn't seem likely then.

Nah but FM touch is very good

kobashi100

OorWullie

Well I did not expect this at all, superb news. This confirms my backlog is now going to reach unmanageable levels.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

kobashi100

OorWullie wrote:

Well I did not expect this at all, superb news. This confirms my backlog is now going to reach unmanageable levels.

Football Manager on a nintendo device is just mind blowing. Nobody would have seen this coming.

kobashi100

StuTwo

So when is the full version of Microsoft Excel coming to Switch then?

StuTwo

Switch Friend Code: SW-6338-4534-2507

gcunit

kobashi100 wrote:

Football Manager on a nintendo device is just mind blowing. Nobody would have seen this coming.

I'm gonna be that guy and say that I did. I hadn't bothered posting about it or anything, but I had been thinking about it quite recently, as it happens

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Krull

I will not buy this game, for fear of unemployment, divorce and child custody battles. Football Manager is evil, and will suck out your soul. (Great game!)

To follow on from above, FM Mobile is a perfectly enjoyable "lite" experience that echoes what Championship Manager was like back in the Nineties. I'm glad the Switch is getting FM Touch, however, as it is the real deal, a black hole of a time sink, and as close to the full-fat PC versions as you'll get on any console.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Jbs-Dad

@OorWullie say goodbye to life as we know it 😂.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

NaviAndMii

I've just been looking at a few different videos of FM18 Touch on YouTube (I'll post a couple of the most interesting ones below) - and it looks pretty sweet!

As something of a regular player of the 'full fat' PC version(s) of the game, I was interested to see how much is omitted for the Touch version to streamline the experience - and it seems to strike a really nice balance!

You basically just pick a team, receive a transfer budget, choose a tactic - and away you go! ..it looks a lot less micro-management intensive than the full PC version, instead favouring a snappier, speedier experience - but it still has a lot of depth, retaining the core of the game and only really cutting the non-essential elements

Overall, it looks like a nice compromise Plenty to sink your teeth in to, but not too much so as to make seasons drag on - impressively speedy processing and loading times - well-considered streamlining...just looks perfect for on the go play! (..even has 'cross save' functionality for those that double-dip on different versions!)

Original Steam version of FM18 Touch (nice run-through of the features and gameplay)

iPad Pro version (probably more representative of what the Switch version will be like - he plays 'Challenges' mode in this video, but all other modes are also present - so it's fully featured, just better optimised for touchscreen-only play)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

SuperJoon

This is brilliant and will be purchasing this soon. My only beef from the ipad version is the microtransactions.

The game feeds off this with a lot higher injury rate to encourage use of these.

Magic sponge to heal players, dodgy lasagne for disrupting your upcoming opponent.

If you can get part the injuries part, the game is fantastic.

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.