Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 661 to 680 of 775

RR529

Got Female Robin. The new challenges that popped up afterwards really spiked in lvl, so I'm going to move on to the next map for now.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Beedrill4Smash

@SilverEdge92 It seems I've mistaken the dominion rod for the baton, but then again, I never cared for Zelda in general. For me she was always either too slow or too weak, which I have a feeling that might just be me or some bad luck.

Beedrill4Smash

RR529

Completed the Fates themed map (not the DLC ones) and got Male Corrin. Only 2 more until I get Lyn!

The only problem is the next map is Shadow Dragon centric, and I haven't used those characters at all, lol. Luckily, I did use a Master Seal on Tiki long ago (I wanted to see if she'd turn into her adult form from Awakening), so I have at least one viable character to use (provided I level her), and I think I have enough that I can use one on Marth.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Eel

I kinda skipped that one to go for Lyn on the 3DS. Of course, I went back and played it afterwards.

My characters had no problems beating the needed levels (they go up to level 40-something), and almost all the full missions had room for a full team of 8. So if you want to train your shadow dragon characters, you could go play on Lyn's map with your best characters and have them tag along as partners.

There's also a ton of master seals on Lyn's map. All are easy to get.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

OdnetninAges

I decided to unlock Celica before Lyn... It was an interesting experience.

I really hate the shadow elimination maps.

Just need to unlock Anna, and I'll have all the non-DLC characters. I'll most likely pick up the season pass right before the Awakening pack hits.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Eel

They can get rough. Lyn's map is full of them.

You basically need to keep a character in the base all the time while the others go hunt the mages.

Bloop.

gcunit

What are people's views on the 'Limited Edition'? Are the CDs and cards worthy of the additional expenditure?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Starburst

@gcunit I got the Limited edition and I love it, the cards are big and really nice quality, and the CD has 3 disks and a ton of music on them. And I think it was like 20 bucks more or something like that so in my opinion it was worth it.

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

gcunit

@Nekoo77 Is the music classics from across the FE series, or is it just soundtrack from this warriors game (if that's different music, I've no idea)?

And do you get 3 full CDs i.e. 60-80 minutes on each?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eel

This game has mostly remixes of themes from the featured games, I believe. (At least I recognize several of them from Heroes and Fates).

Bloop.

Starburst

@gcunit There is 60ish songs in total, and they are remixes of stuff from the FE games like Meowpheel said. they sound pretty good IMO

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

RR529

Meowpheel wrote:

They can get rough. Lyn's map is full of them.

You basically need to keep a character in the base all the time while the others go hunt the mages.

I haven't had to play a Shadow Elimination map yet (as far as I know), but regarding keeping someone at base at all times, it's something I already do.

I tend to suck at not letting big enemies sneak into my main base (it's one reason I've never been able to beat the Samurai Warriors games I've played) while I'm away doing my thing, so it's a Godsend being able to tell someone to stay put, that way I can take care of the intruder as soon as they arrive (usually it's Sakura, so I can heal the Fort Captain or Allied Commander as well, if need be). Heck, I also like the fact that it wasn't even an issue in the main quest (where you just had to keep an eye on your Lords' health), and is only necessary in the side maps.

I hope Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition has similar QOL features (really, being able to order your heroes around fits the Warriors mold so well).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Eel

Hyrule Warriors Legends already had the order system.

It's obviously more complex in this one, but then again, in that one you can't really heal or form teams, so it's pretty much the same.

Bloop.

RR529

Just cleared "the Dark Pontifex" History Map. Too bad you don't get a character for clearing this one. Oh well, I should be rewarded with Lyn after the next map!

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

RR529

Sorry for the double post, but I just cleared Lyn's map and have unlocked her!

I was a bit worried at first, based on my past experience with Warriors games, but I'm really glad I picked this up. I'll probably play around with Lyn for a bit and try out a few more missions, but after about 40 hours playtime, clearing the Main Quest & 4 of the History Maps, I think I'm about ready for a break.

After playing Xenoblade 2, BotW, and now this back to back to back I can honestly say I'm really looking forward to playing something a bit smaller in scale in the form of Kirby: Star Allies in a couple weeks (heck, I may even finally download Picross S inbetween now and then to unwind).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

OdnetninAges

Meowpheel wrote:

I know, but the AI in this game doesn't seem to be the best. If I order AI to attack the mages while I hold down the base, it takes forever for the mages to be defeated. If I go and attack a mage myself and have literally every AI protect the base, the base will still end up being take very quickly. And then there's the allied commander to worry about... And all of this while aiming for an S rank!

It's a matter of switching between characters very often and working fast to take down the mages as quickly as possible before the base gets swarmed with shadows. It just feels draining compared to every other type of mission in the game, at least for me.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Eel

Oh it's a lot better in this game, in Hyrule Warriors having a computer controller character actually defeat any enemy was a rarity. It was an event. Here the computer characters are actually quite competent, not at your level, but they can take holds and get rid of commanders just fine.

But when you think about it, it wouldn't be too much fun if you could send your Xanders and Ryomas to clear out all the enemies instantly, right? The army should depend on the player, after all you're the one there to play.

Having them at different places mostly just means you, the player, can jump in and do the work at any moment.

I actually usually send my allies to kill the mages, and do the base protecting myself. By the time I'm done defending the base, the mages are usually either dead or well damaged, then I can just jump in and finish the job.

(Also I LOVE that this one counts the kills made by the computer towards the rank goal, I hope they add that to HW)

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

RR529

Okay, how in the heck do you unlock the Validar mission in Celica's map?

It just says "four, eight", which isn't much of a clue at all. I actually did have it unlocked at one point, but I figured like the other roadblocks in History Mode it'd stay unlocked so I played some other missions, but nope.

Apparently you must play a few missions in a certain order, but what that order is I can't remember (I did replay the last mission I beat before unlocking it the first time, but that didn't do it, so there must be some order. I even tried counting "moves" inbetween units to see if there were any that were four, then eight steps apart, but either I miscounted, or there aren't any).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.