Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 521 to 540 of 775

JaxonH

It only does 30 in handheld mode but honestly, who cares...

I played for like an hour and though wow, this game looks so buttery smooth- I'm glad they put in this performance mode. Let me check out the 1080p/30fps mode and see how it looks...

Lo and behold, I come to find out I was playing 1080p/30fps the entire time. That was a huge wake up call for me- I realized 30 FPS is perfectly fine as long as it's consistent. Well, this and MHXX which is also silky smooth at 30fps.

I've seen enough evidence to form a lasting opinion on the matter now. I never really paid attention before because it's never been an issue. But lately everybody's been making it into such an ordeal I thought there might be something to it. Turns out there's not

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Beedrill4Smash

@JaxonH Agreed 100% 30 FPS isn't bad at all if it is consistent. While yeah 60 FPS is preferred it isn't something that will make me not consider a game if it doesn't have it. I think 60 FPS has become overvalued. I think developers should look at their game, and if they can't get a consistent 60 FPS within a reasonable amount of development time then they shouldn't even bother. Just make the 30 FPS as smooth as you possibly can.

Beedrill4Smash

OdnetninAges

JaxonH wrote:

It only does 30 in handheld mode but honestly, who cares...

...Well obviously I do, because I was asking about it. I personally prefer playing on TV so I can play at 60FPS.

30FPS is fine. If the game only ran at 30FPS as an option I wouldn't even think about it. (I was perfectly fine with Breath of the Wild.) But because the option is there, I'll gladly play at 60FPS.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

zionich

I think it looks and plays great in handheld mode as well. It's always great having people at work come up and look in amazement at how great the Switch plays games.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

rallydefault

@OdnetninAges
I was like you, once. I was hardcore "gimmemy60fpsorlolz." PC gamer, maxed out rig, all that. Well... I still have the maxed-out rig, heh.

But even after all these years, I still find it very hard to tell when an action game is running at 30fps or 60fps, and this is on my monitor only a couple feet from my face. I'll be playing WoW or Overwatch and thinking, "man - this looks choppy," only to check and see my fps counter running a smooth 60 or higher. OR I'll think the opposite: "dang, this looks smooth," but oh snap! It's actually only running at 30fps.

rallydefault

OdnetninAges

rallydefault wrote:

@OdnetninAges
I was like you, once. I was hardcore "gimmemy60fpsorlolz." PC gamer, maxed out rig, all that.

Pretty sure what I said was "30FPS is fine. If the game only ran at 30FPS as an option I wouldn't even think about it. (I was perfectly fine with Breath of the Wild.) But because the option is there, I'll gladly play at 60FPS."

There has not been a single time where I complained that a game only ran at 30FPS... I didn't even consider it for Breath of the Wild.

Also, I don't have a gaming PC.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Hyrule

Picked this up at the weekend and been playing it ever since. Two hour daily commute means plenty of switch gaming. Had quite a few people on a packed London bound train peering over to see me slashing through hoards of cannon fodder. Runs great in portable and docked mode, smooth, haven't seen any slowdown as of yet. Love the voice acting and the storyline, and so many customisation options.
Definitely a worthwhile purchase

Hyrule

Switch Friend Code: SW-7459-0389-4683 | Nintendo Network ID: HyruleMage | Twitter:

JaxonH

Just like Fire Emblem, I love all my characters and insist on leveling them up equally. Might have to replay a few stages as I get more characters to ensure I have enough money to train their levels up

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

Yes, I sold off just a few of my bronze weapons and banked like 40,000 off it.

I haven't gone out of my way to grind anything. I make enough money and mats to upgrade (just unlocked LUMA skill for Chrom) and pay for level ups. I'm just thinking once I have like 20 characters I may have to replay some levels to ensure they all upgrade together.

It's just cause I like all the characters and want them all maxed out.

Eel

It was a lot better balanced in Legends, so I assume the balancing continued/improved with these new games.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Beedrill4Smash

@DarthNocturnal the grinding has been made even easier thanks to supports as they will give the character specific items like Chrom's pauldron. Although I think there are some gold items from villain characters but those will be easy to get when the characters are eventually get released as DLC.

Beedrill4Smash

JaxonH

I just died... I never die.

Poor Cordelia. She didn't even last 3 minutes. I would have healed, but I'm so used to steamrolling everyone I didn't realize I was losing health

Grumblevolcano

@Beedrill4Smash There's gold items from villain characters obtainable as rewards in History mode.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

rallydefault

@JaxonH
lol I just played a mission where I sent Cordelia off on her own against a fort that was strong against her. I was used to steamrolling, too, so I thought nothing of it - 30 seconds later, she went down lol

rallydefault

JaxonH

@rallydefault
At least you have the excuse of AI... I was actually controlling her when I died!

Come to find out I was stupid and waltzed right into an archer's nest... That weakness to bows translated very authentically from Fire Emblem lol

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH I had a similar situation playing as Corrin fighting Chrom. She didn't die but it didn't take me long to realize it was a bad idea.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkswabber

Can anyone confirm if the elite blessing is worth infesting in and which mission is best with elite blessing (so basically is elite blessing worth it for power leveling and which mission is best to easily power level for a level 60 character?)

darkswabber

Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

1.2.0 is out now for Japan, probably won't have to wait long for the update in other regions.

Grumblevolcano

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.