Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 501 to 520 of 775

zionich

@Tsurii No worries. I can see how it can be confusing at times =)

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Beedrill4Smash

@zionich There isn't an assassin character either, which is the most disappointing thing about the game for me...and none of the DLC includes these classes as well.

Beedrill4Smash

zionich

@Undead_terror Sorry about that.

Kimyonaakuma

I hope they give Azura a really cool moveset with dancing and water. If she just gets a spear I'll be really disappointed...

Same for Olivia, don't just make her another sword user!

Kimyonaakuma

darkswabber

So I haven’t read through the thread so I don’t know what’s discussed yet but does anyone else who played both hyrule warriors and FEW have the feeling they have exactly the same story?

Also after seeing the season pass content does anyone else think they’ll go the hyrule warriors route and add all non playable villians in a free patch with like 3 to 5 story missions?

I’m a little bit butthurt they aren’t in the base game and even if they add them as a free update I’ll still be annoyed by it.

darkswabber

Twitter:

zionich

@Beedrill4Smash That's a bummer as well. I hope every mainline class gets represented eventually.

Kimyonaakuma

@darkswabber I've only seen a few levels but it is pretty much the same story but tweaked to suit Zelda/FE. But realistically how are they going to make a great story when they are joining multiple games together and then force them to kill hordes of enemies? The story is only really there to give a vague reason for the characters to be together in one game and then add some fanservice. The rest of it is just classic Warriors gameplay.

The villains will probably be unlocked in an update, whether they receive a few levels or not I don't know. If they work together in the story then maybe but if they just appear in the areas related to their game it seems unlikely, but I'm not that familiar with the story.

Kimyonaakuma

darkswabber

Also something else I noticed. anyone that played multiple warrior games knows that everyone of them has atleast 1 extremely overpowered character, pirate warriors 3 had fujitora, dynasty warrios 8 had lu bu, hyrule warriors had ganondorf and link with the mastersword.
I have played as most of the characters in FEW and chrom definitily feels like this warrior game’s OP character, even if I’m at a huge disadvantage I’m still chopping the health of enemies away much quicker than I would with any other character.
Anyone else noticed this?

darkswabber

Twitter:

rallydefault

@darkswabber
heh - yea, I was thinking the same thing about the story as I was playing. Yea, it's a little lazy, but they just need a way to get all the characters together.

Personally, I'm liking this one more than Hyrule Warriors, actually. I like the teaming up, the (simplistic, albeit) strategic additions, the flying mounts, the classes, the weapons triangle, etc. Hyrule Warriors had lots of great nods to Zelda, of course, but I feel that FE in general is a better franchise fit for this type of game.

rallydefault

JaxonH

There's an incredible interview from Nintendo Dream magazine which has been translated to English. It's roughly 4 pages, but I strongly recommend everyone to read this interview- The devs seem to take so much care to do the series justice, and a lot of them were actually playing through Fire Emblem Fates in their spare time while developing the game.

http://nintendoeverything.com/fire-emblem-warriors-devs-on-ch...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kimyonaakuma

@JaxonH That's a really good interview! It's weird reading about a crossover that's been made by fans of the series but it shows in the final product.

I'll have to agree with what they were saying about making Lyn's 3D model.
I've been working on my own 3D models of classic FE characters and it can be really hard to find good references, especially if all you have is an old sprite and occasionally bad portrait from Heroes. So I'm glad to hear that I'm not alone!

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal So basically if the game and the season pass does well enough there'll be DLC in the future that focuses on the GBA games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Beedrill4Smash

Does anyone know if/where a support log book is? I want to focus on A+ supports.

Beedrill4Smash

JaxonH

@Beedrill4Smash
Uh, it's in the game somewhere. Check around the status page of character menu in Convoy.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

OdnetninAges

Hey, does this game only run in 30FPS in portable mode? Because what I can tell, the 60FPS mode seems to only be in TV mode, which is disappointing.

I remember when there were reports of Breath of the Wild running better in portable mode, my friend acted like it was obvious that games would run better in portable mode than in TV mode. But now I'm wondering if he was mistaken. Not sure.

Console Usernames: Rc

HIGH QUALITY VIDEO GAME RIPS

"The world is not beautiful, therefore it is."

My Anime List

Nintendo Network ID: Ages97

Grumblevolcano

@OdnetninAges There's no 30fps mode in handheld, only 720p/60fps.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Angelic_Lapras_King

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@DarthNocturnal So basically if the game and the season pass does well enough there'll be DLC in the future that focuses on the GBA games.

Of course launching just a week before Mario probably isnt going to help matters. @_@

Angelic_Lapras_King

JaxonH

I think it's an intentional tactic- the Piggyback Tactic. And you see a lot of different developers using it.

Instead of putting one game out there, like DOOM, they release DOOM and Skyrim back to back. Individually the game might be over looked but together it creates a very hype release period, where each game piggybacks off the hype of the other. And in the end both games benefit.

I think they released FE Warriors behind Odyssey to amplify the attention it gets. Because people aren't just talking about odyssey they're talking about the back to back releases of Warriors and Odyssey. And it creates amplified hype for that release period.

Kimyonaakuma

@Angelic_Lapras_King It released earlier in Japan so they will have had a decent amount of time with it before Odyssey.

Even if the game gets overshadowed by Odyssey next week they can get the attention back when the first DLC pack arrives in December.

Kimyonaakuma

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.