Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 301 to 320 of 775

Kimyonaakuma

CrazedCavalier wrote:

IS deems them less exploitable (with the sole exception of Lyn).

How are they exploiting Lyn exactly?

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
The poll shows Awakening and Fates with as many votes as every other game... combined.

If you're just looking at one or two specific characters, then sure. But generally speaking if you're going to look at adding groups of characters, the pre-3DS entries just aren't nearly as popular.

I actually thought they'd add older characters with DLC myself. But, that was also before they had revealed Lyn, Celica, Anna, Tiki (and I'd be shocked... no, I'd be amazed if Ike wasn't announced).

They've got plenty of goodwill from me just for making a Fire Emblem warriors game.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Kimyonaakuma

@Meowpheel I've never noticed it, I thought Camilla was there to fill that role anyway...

Kimyonaakuma

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal No, Smash 5 will replace Ike with Chrom and Roy with the main character of FE Switch.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MarcelRguez

Ike has to be in the main game. I know Japan doesn't care for the Tellius games at all, but come on.

@Grumblevolcano True that, I always think MotE is a NES title for some reason. Completely forgot Heroes even existed, to be honest.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'm expecting Merric for Wind Magic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

Meowpheel I've never noticed it, I thought Camilla was there to fill that role anyway...

Haha it was mostly a joke. Though for real the only character I've seen so far with noticeable jiggle physics is Lyn. I guess they can get away with it because she just wears a simple tunic.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kimyonaakuma

@Meowpheel After watching the trailer again it is certainly noticeable, although it doesn't really seem necessary seeming as she's basically showing most of her legs already.
I agree with you that the tunic is probably the reason, everyone else has armour to...err... hold things in place?

Kimyonaakuma

Beedrill4Smash

The first DLC is Fates, Awakening, and Shadow Dragon again?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....Aw I made myself sad. So what is KT? Did you realize that fates cast sucked and needed to fix it ( this comment is pent up anger against Elise and Sakura)? I wish the Awakening DLC was fist though. I'm gonna guess 5 characters per game, which may be optimistic. The DLC is gonna be very disappointing to me if they only include 2 characters, in which case the first two characters I state in the list are the ones I feel are shoe ins.

Awakening- Gaius, Tharja, Vaike, Lon'qu(?), and Panne(?)
Fates-Azura, Kaze/Saizo/Jakob/Felecia, Silas, Benny(?), Keaton/Kaden(?)
Shadow Dragon (All of these will be shots in the dark)- Cain/Abel, Draug, Ogma, Legion, and Michalis.
The ones with (?) are characters I'm biased for.

Beedrill4Smash

CrazedCavalier

@Kimyonaakuma She's got 3 versions in Heroes-- for how often people mock Lucina's 4, that's only one less.
And there's the fact she's included in the game; IS was shocked that Lyn beat Lucina in the CYL, so they're putting effort into her as well.

@JaxonH Anna is a joke done to death that only really qualifies as a "character" in newer games. And both Lyn and Celica were likely last-minute additions; Tiki was always a shoe-in due to legacy popularity.
While I'm not saying that recent characters aren't more popular, it's also worth mentioning that this was before Heroes. Far more people have some level of familiarity with older characters and would be interested/accepting of them.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

MarcelRguez

@CrazedCavalier It would be interesting to see character usage data from Heroes, to see if people actually use a wide range of characters or just stick to their favorites. From what I see on Twitter, not many people celebrate getting someone like Ogma, it's all about the (post-Awakening) waifus.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Eel

In Heroes, my main team somehow ended up being a nudist archer, a playmate and two Ikes.

On my secondary team I have another nudist who is constantly soaked in water.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Kimyonaakuma

@CrazedCavalier That's not really "exploitation", that's just including a popular character. KT will have had a much more difficult time choosing characters for this game compared to Hyrule Warriors. Your average zelda game with have maybe 3 or 4 new characters per game that are fan favourites, but Fire Emblem can have over 10 or even 20, and everyone likes different characters. There is no way that everyone will be happy.
It makes sense for them to focus on the games that they have focused on, they were more popular, the main characters work together as a cast and all of the games will have had an international release.
On the other hand the older games have mostly not received a western release and won't have as much character and background compared to the new characters. Yes shadow dragon was not as popular as the newer games, but it's a remake of the first game and features Marth and Tiki who have featured in other games which have made them recognisable.

Kimyonaakuma

Luna_110

Sigh... even more Fates characters as DLC? Really? We already have all the royal siblings, plus IMO the lamest main character in FE history.

Couldn't we at least get the three lords from FE7 instead of just Lyn?

I think I'll pass on this one until they release a version that includes all DLC in a year or so, or until it goes down in price. Its too close to Odyssey and the roster plus the focus on only three FE games for DLC has me in the fence.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Kimyonaakuma

@Snaplocket But Corrin can be a male or female anyway. Surely it would be better to give people an FE character with that option instead of one without?

Kimyonaakuma

kkslider5552000

I have to admit, it'll be funny when I get this game someday, and just enjoy it. As a Zelda fan, I actually found Hyrule Warriors mildly disappointing at points, and I didn't have the highest expectations. Like the fact that it was a Zelda game, was borderline just an excuse for them to trick me into buying a Warriors game. And that's in no way a negative, as it became one of my most played games, because it is a great Warriors game, which is all that actually matters about the game once you really get into it. I don't care about Fire Emblem characters for the most part, so I'm just skipping the middle man of playing the game for the fanservice and getting into playing my neverending button mashing adventure. You could play as Bandit C from a random game for all I care, it doesn't matter as long as he's fun to play as.

And yes, let me say, that one of my most well liked, most played games in recent years, Hyrule Warriors, is not a very good Zelda game. It just isn't. At least for the most part. So yeah, honestly don't go into this game expecting a great Fire Emblem game.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Kimyonaakuma

@Snaplocket Most hated seems a little harsh. There were characters in Fates that were worse than Corrin.

Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

@Snaplocket Yeah I get your point. I think the next FE game will probably release before Smash so we'll probably see the main character from that game anyway

Camilla was the main person that I was thinking of but now I think about it the cast wasn't great in general

Kimyonaakuma

JaxonH

I'm happy we're getting a fan service release like this. Would I have appreciated some characters from older games? Sure. Absolutely. But at the end of the day, not having Ike or not having Roy or not having [insert character here] isn't going to suddenly make the game unenjoyable to me.

I love these 3 games being represented. But that's all it is- it's not an all star who's who cast of the entire series. It's not a compendium of fan favorites dating back through the generations. It's a fan service Warriors game focused on entries that actually released in the last 10 years. The only game I would have reasonably expected is Echoes- Alm really should have been here next to Celica. And the new FE game would have set up a great 2018 DLC pack... but oh well.

Fates had a number of characters I liked. Not nearly as many as other games but, a fair few.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.