Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem Warriors

Posts 201 to 220 of 775

MFD

@Ryu_Niiyama Well, if you're discussing things about the franchise, and what people like about the newer games, etc, then it's quite disruptive to see these jaded and severely annoyed fans drop in and start complaining like an old man whose hay-day was soooooooooo much better.

But I believe one cannot fault Nintendo/IS for choosing the route that staved off FE's becoming irrelevant, even if it brings additions the "Back in my day" people are severely dismayed by. Sometimes, IP's take a different turn entirely, for whatever reason, and it's then that reasonable people simply think "Alright, I've had my fun with it, but it's going in a direction that doesn't resonate with me anymore, time to move on" instead of standing there, complaining and whining endlessly that the old characters are not represented in FE: Warriors, how the new fans ruined the franchise and how Nintendo/IS are ignoring the core that sustained FE until Awakening.

Edited on by MFD

MFD

Aaron00

Some of the trailers kinda concerned me performance wise but I watched some gameplay from PAX (West I think?...) and it looks really clean. Great job for cleaning it KT. Now add more classic representation.

Aaron00

CrazedCavalier

@Aaron09 They explicitly confirmed back before E3 that it was only Shadow Dragon/Awakening/Fates being included.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

CrazedCavalier

@Tsurii English Elise is mostly fine, at least.
I'm more disappointed that they cheaped out and gave both her and Leo the same attack string.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Luna_110

I hope Elise retains her "you're going down scumbag" crit quote. It was really funny.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Grumblevolcano

The Fire Emblem Heroes voting gauntlet final is Ike vs. Camilla. This final pretty much sums up the FE fanbase.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

Pretty much old vs. new but also taking into account that old FE fans generally find Fates the worst game in the franchise and Camilla kind of sums up new Fire Emblem.

Anyway, Famitsu confirmed Sakura (and Male Corrin) so that leaves Azura and Tharja as the remaining "obvious" picks from Awakening and Fates.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MFD

@Grumblevolcano Purrdy much. Too bad Arthur won't be in though, loved those faces he pulled in distress. Always gave me a good laugh.

MFD

Grumblevolcano

@UmniKnight Maybe not as day 1 but I was thinking back to Hyrule Warriors and it wasn't until the 3DS port that the game variety for character picks really became present (even after the first season pass, the focus was still very based on Ocarina of Time, Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword) so a Fates DLC pack could happen.

Grumblevolcano

roy130390

I'm quite sure we'll see more popular characters (specially lords) as DLC, like:
Ike
Roy
Celica
Alm
Hector
Ephraim
Eirika

Maybe even Lyn... but I expect the last ones (starting from Hector) and anyone else much less than the first 4. Who knows, we'll probably see a lot of characters arriving as DLC since I really doubt they'll let that opportunity pass.

@UmniKnight I wouldn't discard Arthur entirely, considering that Fates is quite recent and that there's lots of probabilities for DLC, he has a chance, specially if he's popular.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

MFD

@roy130390 Heh, I some people would lose their cool over Arthur being DLC, when those you've mentioned above should be in their eyes, if not already in the base game

MFD

Grumblevolcano

I think it'll be something like:
DLC 1 - Fates
DLC 2 - Awakening
DLC 3 - Shadow Dragon
DLC 4 - Smash Bros.

Grumblevolcano

roy130390

@UmniKnight Well, if that happens we can reply to the negative comments by posting Arthur's funny expressions over and over

Switch Friend Code: SW-3916-4876-1970

MFD

@roy130390 Arthur has such awesome expressions to share too

MFD

Eel

It's a bit odd to seem them giving the healers other weapons.

I mean, if they could make a harp and a parasol work in Hyrule Warriors, I don't see why can't they make up some movesets with healing staves.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@Meowpheel Lissa at least makes sense given War Monk is a normal promotion for her (requires just a master seal). Can't say about Sakura as I didn't use her enough to promote in Birthright.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

JaxonH

There were so many things Fates did right. There were some things it did horribly, and I get the criticism concerning story and character dialog... and the forced marriage which fit well in Awakening but felt out of place in Fates... but everything else was so good I could never understand rating it "worst in the series". The combat and map selection was too impeccable for the game to be anything less than average overall.

But I think people do exaggerate and overreact. Most of the issues with Awakening were actually addressed in Fates, most notably the pair up system and objective variety. The downside came from them spreading themselves too thin trying to make a separate game to appease everyone. Which, they're not doing again moving forward so narrative and character dialog should never suffer again (and as we see with Echoes, story and character dialog hit a pinnacle of perfection, so really, the next game should be the perfect FE game. The immaculate combat and finely tuned gameplay of Fates + the incredible characters and narrative of Echoes... The new Fire Emblem on Switch is gonna be one for the history books.

As for Warriors, I do love the royals of Fates. Those were the notably decent characters. And everyone from Awakening is great. All for the Shadow Dragon crew as well. I hope we get Binding Blade and Blazing Sword DLC characters, and Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn DLC characters. Don't care too much either way about Sacred Stones or Heroes of Light and Shadow (which is practically the same as Shadow Dragon anyways). And the older games are just too old and never released in English so, ya. I mean I have all 14 Fire Emblem games in English, but even so I really only care about GBA onward.

This game looks sick though. The way they're integrating the weapon triangle and permadeath and grid based, turn based modes and pixel sprite maps... gosh dang this game is everything I hoped for and more...

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.