Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 1,049

Blooper987

@Matt_Barber Golden deer is the best, but the DLC is the only story I’ve been able to win so far😂. I keep on making it halfway through and then moving on to something else. I mostly go by marriage choices and weapon preferences when choosing my house.

Golden Deer: Lysithea-Mages/Archers
Blue Lions: Mercedes-Calvary and Flying units
Black Eagles: Hapi-Tanks and Heavy-Hitters

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

JaxonH

@Blooper987
I played the church route, and loved it. But I like the Blue Lions route a lot more, playing though it now. Just got to the end of the first half of the game where the monastery gets invaded. The music is so epic in this showdown.

My vote is Blue Lions. But the Black Eagles route is cool having the split, so you can save before the choice and have access to 2 routes.

The game is super fun. It’s so easy to get sucked back in. I want to play the DLC too, even if the whole premise is cheesy (there’s a “secret 4th house” living underneath the castle in an underground outcast society? Come on lol)

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Blooper987

@JaxonH I started up Blue Lions. Only real reason is cause I like most of the characters personalities. Recruited all the DLC really quickly and moving along pretty nicely. I’ve been skipping through the dialogue and cutscenes since I’ve seen them quite a lot already. Working on recruiting Lysithea, Dorothea, and Ferdinand. After I win I’m gonna go Golden Deer on New Game +.

The DLC is amazing. The characters have really wonky backstories and some unique classes. Overall the whole story arc was a ton of fun and easier to pick up and play than the main paths.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0772-1845-0995

Bankaj

Looking for feedback about the DLC - is it worth it?

I understand it adds an extra house and loads of content, so the answer is probably yes. But if I aim for one run-through of the game (backlog-problems), will I really miss out if I skip it? If so, how?
Also, is the DLC integrated with the base game, as in, does the base story change with the DLC or is it really post-game material?

Bankaj

Varking

Just starting playing this game and I feel overwhelmed lol. There’s text story in game, there’s cutscenes and there’s like movies with no voiceovers? I’ve played games like Final Fantasy Tactics but this feels like it’s on a completely different plane than my previous games like this.

Varking

Switch Friend Code: SW-2170-3160-1269 | My Nintendo: varking | Nintendo Network ID: Varking

rallydefault

@Varking
It's a huge game and very overwhelming at first. I have almost more hours in this than I do in BotW, and I still have to do the Blue path.

In terms of the text and cutscenes and movies, I find it best to just kind of sit back and experience everything your first time through rather than trying to actively puzzle everything out each step of the way. Depending on which House you pick the story will make varying degrees of sense lol There are definitely some plot holes in some of the routes.

rallydefault

Buizel

@Varking As @rallydefault mentioned there's a lot of lore to the game but it's not essential to know everything to enjoy the story...in fact, you'll find that you can't possibly find out everything in a single playthrough. Part of the fun of the game is gradually getting to grips with everything IMO (especially getting to know the various characters across the various houses).

Also not sure what game you're talking about here with "movies with no voiceovers"...every line in this game is voiced?

At least 2'8".

Varking

timleon wrote:

@Varking As @rallydefault mentioned there's a lot of lore to the game but it's not essential to know everything to enjoy the story...in fact, you'll find that you can't possibly find out everything in a single playthrough. Part of the fun of the game is gradually getting to grips with everything IMO (especially getting to know the various characters across the various houses).

Also not sure what game you're talking about here with "movies with no voiceovers"...every line in this game is voiced?

Early on when I got to the school there was a cutscene where people were walking around and their mouths were moving but there was no text or voiceover. Some teacher walked by a student and he was blushing.

Varking

Switch Friend Code: SW-2170-3160-1269 | My Nintendo: varking | Nintendo Network ID: Varking

rallydefault

@Varking
Yea, that's just a cool little movie to set the scene and show you what the school is like. Just stylistic, that's all.

rallydefault

DuluthLaker

Anyone have any advice for jumping back in after a long time off? Is it easy to do? I haven’t played it in over a year and remember almost nothing about controls and systems or story. I don’t really want to restart as I logged about 25 hours in my save.

Just curious if anyone else has done this before and what their experience was before I redownload the game and try to get back into it.

DuluthLaker

Switch Friend Code: SW-2348-9926-8194

Ralizah

@DuluthLaker I'm sure it's the same as any other story-driven game. Start playing, and you'll gradually orient yourself again after an uncomfortable transition period where you try to remember how you left things. Maybe check out youtube footage of the last few chapters to get a sense of where the story is, if you find it difficult to remember anything, although it's not like game has an intricate plot that'll baffle you after a break.

I always eventually get back into the groove after I play a while, though, and I'm sure it'll be the same way for you.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Matt_Barber

@DuluthLaker I took some fairly long breaks between my playthroughs, but can't say that I had too many issues coming back to it.

If you want to refresh your memory on the story, you could use the movie gallery to replay cut scenes. They're all on YouTube too, I suppose, but be careful to avoid spoilers as every route has its late game twists.

No restart should be necessary, unless you want to play a different route, or go with maddening difficulty.

The game is generally far forgiving than the FE games that came before it in that you can make pretty much any tactical mistake imaginable and undo it with a divine pulse which, if you're already into the late game, you've probably got quite a few of. In any case, it's almost entirely turn based - bar a few QTEs in the Monastery which aren't of particularly great import - so you can just stop for a moment whenever you need to look up an aspect of the game mechanics which has slipped your memory.

Also, you could always just have an exploratory play to re-familiarize yourself with the mechanics and setting, and go back to your save file to do it properly. At least, that's what I'd recommend if you were playing any other Fire Emblem game.

Matt_Barber

Ferdinand_Von_Aegir

Hey! I am stuck on the Wolf Pack level in Cindered Shadows. I can't get past the Umbral Beasts teleport move that moves everyone into random positions. It allways kills all of my units.
I am playing on casual normal mode.

Fire Emblem Three Houses is my favorite game
Ashe is the best character in FE:3H
Waluigi For Smash
The game I want most on switch is a new WarioWare (Welp. we got that!)
My favorite movie is Toy Story 3

Switch Friend Code: SW-0370-6056-2926 | 3DS Friend Code: 3755-1656-4298 | My Nintendo: LatsaSpege

NintendoByNature

Just started this game a few days ago. Loving it so far and I've really only done a few battles even though I'm about 5 hours in. I've explored the monastery, taught my students manually, talked with the npcs etc. Since I've only done 3 battles and just finished defeating the band of thieves, I've noticed that my weapons don't replenish their strength before new battles. Is there a way to do so? Blacksmith isn't unlocked yet. Or do I have to buy new weapons before each battle? I really don't get a ton of money to do so. Let me know when you can folks and thank you.

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

Has anyone actually worked out the costs of repairing weapons instead of just buying new ones? Especially when you get to the higher tiers, some of the smithing materials can be very pricey. I often found myself wondering if it wouldn't just be cheaper to buy a new silver/brave weapon, for instance, than buying or finding the repair materials. But I've always been too lazy to think about it for long lol

Obviously there are some weapons you can't just buy new ones, but for a good amount it's always an option.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

@rallydefault I've never really thought about it myself. However I just buy new. I do forge them into better weapons though when I get newer better weapons

NintendoByNature

rallydefault

@Northwind
True on the upgrading.

Yea, there are many weapons that can't be purchased, so it kind of becomes a moot point after the early mid game.

rallydefault

Matt_Barber

Yeah, you're much better off forging weapons into upgraded ones than repairing them. Also, you'll save a lot on materials if you do it when they're down to a few charges as the cost remains the same.

Repairing is only worthwhile with relics, but they typically require rarer materials like Umbral Steel and Arcane Crystals. You won't pick up a lot of those during the game, so try to do this sparingly. You do get a free repair for all inventory weapons after the timeskip though.

Edited on by Matt_Barber

Matt_Barber

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic