Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 921 to 929 of 929

Quarth

Beat the Blue Lions storyline last weekend, 50+ hours in playtime. Even though it was an excellent playthrough, I don't know if I want to go on with the other houses, at least not at the moment. Too many games right now...
But some questions remain that I guess will be answered when playing with the Black Eagles or the Golden Deer. Well, that's for another day.

I really liked the Blue Lions storyline, most of the characters were likeable, though my favorite became a recruit: the shy Bernadetta.

The gameplay was superb as usual. The graphics could have been better and some of the slowdowns were really annoying. But in the long run it didn't matter. Hopefully they improve on it in the next FE game.

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

komodo182

@Quarth Blue Lions was the first pathway I played. I did the black eagle and church pathway. Just golden deer left. Had to stop for a bit since it got so repetitive.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

Heavyarms55

@Quarth How did you like the Blue Eagles? I honestly don't like Dimitri at all. It's no secret that I'm a big Edelgard fan and paticularly ship female Byleth and Edelgard, and I also rather like Claude.

On the other hand, in both my Black Eagles and Golden Deer runs, I've recruited several Blue Eagle characters. In particular I really like Ingrid. I always make her my Valkaryie, my unstoppable Falcon knight!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Quarth

@komodo182 Yeah, that's why I'm pausing. Feels like it will become too repetitive in the long run.

@Heavyarms55 As I understand, Edelgard's story is the most interesting, so I think I will go with that one in my next playthrough.

I can understand why people don't like Dimitri, but I thought his character underwent some interesting changes and I can somewhat sympathize with his motivations and actions. But I like some of the other characters more. Ingrid is badass and was one of my best fighters, made her a Falcon Knight. I like Felix, great fighter and strangely enough a voice of reason when Dimitri went mad. Annette is my second favorite after the recruited Bernadetta, made her a powerful mage and also male Byleth's wife. I also like Ashe, he was great as an archer, I believe he was a Sniper at the end. And while Mercedes was kinda bland, I had great use of her as a healer on the battlefield. The rest of the Blue Lions cast I didn't care that much about.

I didn't recruit that many. Here are the ones I got to my team:
Bernadetta
Dorothea
Ignatz
Seteth
Alois
Catherine
Gilbert
Shamir
Flayn
Hanneman
Manuela
Cyril

I wanted Petra in my team, but sadly never got the chance.

Edited on by Quarth

Heavyarms55

@Quarth Bernadetta is an absolute gem! I really love her! Such a tragic story and she overcomes it very well! I am glad I played through a route with her before they toned down her story. While I can understand that it made some people uncomfortable, personally I felt it made the story all the better. Bad things like that happen and it makes overcoming them all the more gratifying and joyous! I really liked Mercedes' interactions with Sylvain. I felt like she really helped him and it exemplified Mercedes' compassion and caring nature.

Almost by accident I got Ashe and Felix in my Golden Deer run. I made Ashe into a thief but he just felt like a weaker less interesting Petra. Felix on the other hand lives up to his battle loving attitude and shocked me with how strong he is.

Petra is awesome. I really like her interactions with basically everyone. But especially with Dorothea and Hubert. There's a lot of fans who pair her with Dorothea even though she can't swing that way in game. I honestly find it pretty entertaining. In my BE run I paired her with Hubert and it was real nice.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me
Edelgard profile pic credit to the amazing: https://roselph.tumblr.com/

Snaplocket

Dimitri's story was just plain not executed well. The player only fights him in one route, his own route does him a disservice and the other two routes he just dies with 0 consequence or significance.

Edited on by Snaplocket

Switch FC: SW-0930-5375-7512
3ds FC: 3539-8977-1109

Quarth

@Heavyarms55 My next playthrough I will go with The Black Eagles, so that I could have Petra from the start. She seems really interesting.

Hubert is a weird character, but I guess he becomes more nuanced in the BE storyline.

@Snaplocket Spoilers, man, spoilers!

Enigminator

It's nice to see the fish will finally serve a purpose now.

Enigminator

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic