Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 861 to 880 of 947

JaxonH

@Spanjard
Correct. Really no sense exploring more than once per month, tbh. I do explore --> seminar --> rest --> rest when I need motivation up for everyone to start fresh the next month, or I swap the 1st rest with a battle if I need to level up. I swap it with a 2nd seminar if I am already at level and don't need the motivation for students (though it does fill motivation some for those who attend)

PLAYING
NS: Pokemon Sword, The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, DQXIS
X1X: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

Welp, definitely hit a tough battle now. I think it's mission 18 or 19, I'd have to go back and check. I think I need to finally have everyone start carrying concoctions or whatever rather than relying on my single healer lol

rallydefault

JaxonH

Ya, that's the one I had trouble with I think. The two with the death knight around the 16-19 mark were brutal. Mainly because the death knight was brutal 😁

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

darkfenrir

@JaxonH rather than resting, going to eat with your students are far better use of your time, and let you get professor rank to boot. (And eating will max their motivation as well. And increase relationship)

Don't forget to do the greenhouse to get veggies lol

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Ralizah

@darkfenrir Yep. Resting is only ever useful for raising the durability of the sword of the creator, and even then, it's not worth it considering all the other stuff you can do in the monastery.

4 or so activity points usually lets you raise the motivation of your students to max, letting you invest the other points in learning needed skills, competing in tournaments, etc.

Ralizah

JaxonH

@darkfenrir
Oh I do eat, and do the greenhouse. But only once a month. Too depressing to go back to an empty-ish monastery a second time when there’s nothing to really do. Easier to just hit the rest button where all 16 people gain 50% motivation instantly 😁

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

darkfenrir

Lol I guess that works... I just find walking to greenhouse, then eating for the rest of my activity points are pretty nice (then just end exploring)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Alstil

Hey guys. Sorry if I missed this earlier, but just wondering if people are using the Japanese or English voices. I've just started the game - both sound very good. I tend to prefer the Japanese, but am worried that maybe my eyes will get tired of reading the small text, since I mainly play handheld.

Any thoughts?

Alstil

Ralizah

@Alstil As you said, both sound good. Besides, this game encompasses multiple routes, so you can always play later routes in Japanese.

Ralizah

Alstil

Ralizah wrote:

@Alstil As you said, both sound good. Besides, this game encompasses multiple routes, so you can always play later routes in Japanese.

True!

Alstil

JaxonH

Idk if it was posted yet, since this isn’t exactly breaking news, but you can get an exclusive Fire Emblem Three Houses Theme in Tetris 99 if you play this weekend and amass a total of 100 points. You earn 10 points per match even if you come dead last, so even if you totally suck against online players you’ll only need to play 10 matches at the absolute most to get the theme.

And the theme has Fire Emblem MUSIC that plays as well! You’ll be able to play Tetris jamming to Fire Emblem, with a slick background theme.

I’m SO in.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH NL posted about it.

I like Tetris 99 a lot anyway, so, yeah, I'm pretty excited for this. I love all of the crossover themes and whatnot it's getting.

Still need a Zelda x Tetris 99 event, though.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

CroRock

Ok, one thing I really hate about this game is no touch screen controls.
It would be perfect fit for handheld play.

Really.. why did they bother to make Switch touchscreen anyway?! 95% of games doesn’t even support touchscreen anyway.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

JaxonH

I mean, may as well. Even if a lot of games don’t use it, it’s better to have it and get used sometimes than not have it at all.

All I ever use it for is entering eShop credit codes, and Mario Maker 2. And that’s cool. I’d prefer they allow gyro for entering codes like PS4 (ironically, given practically nothing on that system uses motion well if at all, while Switch has gyro for half the games that release, yet that’s the one system that actually uses it right for entering codes... go figure).

Anyways, about to beat the game. I made it through the final month and started the final battle. I just haven’t actually made my first move yet.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

HobbitGamer

I’ve just started Part II, and I’m hooked. The story is engaging and now I’m more invested. I’ve already got 50 hours in.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Hey!!! I beat Fire Emblem! Nice wrap up. I liked Hanneman, Manuela, Caspar and Dorothea’s endings.

Just in time for the DQXIS demo too.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Spanjard

Hmm, I just noticed I went to an intermediate class too early, without mastering and unlocking its skill first, and I have no earlier safe to go to this game needs more safe files lol).

Btw, I like that when you assign an adjutant, he/she is also in you battalion. It’s a nice little detail.

Update: oh wait, reclass is a thing. And it doesn’t seem to cost anything. I did find an interesting discussion about “mastering” vs “continue to the next class”. Your rates seem to increase when you go to a higher a class, so I guess it’s a bit of a give and take.
Speaking of rates, I seem to have such poor luck when lvling up. Most of the time I only get 3 skills that increase. I almost feel like this run gets ruined by the time I get near the end and won’t be strong enough.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
You dont need to revert to an older save (btw there are 6 save files which is plenty). Just reclass back to your previous class. You're free to switch classes back and forth as many times as you wish. This is 't like previous games where it's a one way street.

Plus you made the right choice anyways. No sense mastering those early classes- the skills from mastering are crap and will just be phased out anyways once you master better classes.

Did not know about adjuvants showing up in battalions. That's really cool.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

rallydefault

Finished my first playthrough yesterday! Good, bad, and final thoughts:

Good: Game is awesome. Already started my second playthrough and I STILL can't wait to play every time. Just such a massive game with so many possibilities. Lovable characters, awesome tactical battle system, so many items and different phases of play. Such an incredible game, especially if you're a stickler for game/money value.

Bad: I still think the game is pretty easy, even on hard and classic. I only lost one battle (ran out of rewinds) near the end of the game; basically just put myself into a situation I couldn't get out of without losing a character. Otherwise, the battles were easy and I didn't lose a single character. For most battles, even story battles, I didn't have to rewind at all. I also didn't even have the majority of my characters as master classes at the end of the game: I didn't have a single flying unit and still managed to win the final few battles pretty easily, even with limited mobility.

Also, the exploration and social elements of the game are not as robust as you would initially believe. They are nice distractions/additions, but ultimately the monastery is just a minimap with chat bubbles to check off, and the social system is just a ladder with pretty good dialogue sequences every now and then.

Final thoughts: It may seem like the bads are really bad, but honestly the game is still fantastic. People who know me on this forum know I HATE dlc, but I'm getting this dlc 100%. I'm also not really a new game+ kind of guy, but the new game+ really changes things and give you lots of cool options the second time around. So even though it's a bit easy and the social elements aren't that complex, the core of the game, the battle system, is addictive. The abilities and combat skills and items and classes are what makes this game fantastic, and that only makes sense because it's a tactical RPG lol

rallydefault

JaxonH

I guess for people who want more difficulty, that's not an issue since Lunatic and Maddening are being added in.

Overall the game was easier, but I died at least a dozen times overall (6 on a single map with the Death Knight on ch 18/19, somewhere around there). I'm scared of Hard Mode now, cause I barely scraped by without losing a character permanently on Normal. Nonetheless I'm gonna try Hard Classic Blue Lions. But ya, Lunatic is pretty much the answer to the better players who want even more. I'm tempted to try Lunatic in casual. Just try to make it through period.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic