Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 841 to 860 of 881

CroRock

Anyone knows is there a benefit focusing on just one skill in “Goals” submenu?

Dorothea asked me if she can “focus on the reason skill to excel as a Warlock”.
I said yes and now she focus just on reason instead on Sword & Reason skills.

Maybe it grows faster that way. Can anybody confirm?

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

darkfenrir

@CroRock Yes, the game actually writes you get 1.5x exp by focusing on one skill. (This is seen in the Goals tab iirc)

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

CroRock

@darkfenrir
OMG I can’t believe I missed that! You don’t even have to press X for details 🧐

Anyway, thanks for pointing me out.

3DS - 2294 - 4578 - 7970
SW - 3371 - 1931 - 2042

Spanjard

@Edelgard I guess my next question would be, do they get a turn the moment they are spawned? I hate it when that happens.

Edited on by Spanjard

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

@Spanjard
There are reinforcements (surprise spawn but doesn’t move until next enemy turn) and there are ambushes (surprise spawn and move on the same turn).

Most of the time it’s reinforcements, not ambushes. There is, however, one paralog map that has an ambush if you trigger it by stepping on a certain tile. The rewind functionality basically nullifies ambushes though. Since you can rewind, and prepare properly now that you are aware of what’s coming.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

JaxonH

In my haste I posted in the wrong thread, so here it is:

Holy crap holy crap holy crap... EPIC!
On a map later in the game with the Death Knight for a Kill the Commander objective, and it’s my last chance to get my 2nd Dark Seal and reclass to the Advanced Dark Mage class (won’t get into how I lost my first two and had to get two more). He’s in the middle of the map with enemy reinforcements pouring in from four different corners without limit, plus archer and mage artilleries that can hit you anywhere on the map, and armored knights, Paladins and mages EVERYWHERE, even a few Divine Beasts. I split off into two groups and proceed to work my way around the perimeter when the death knight decides to retreat to a new exit, at which point I quickly realize he is halfway across the map for me and there’s no way I can catch him.
I had Dorothea within range for Meteor which can strike quite a distance aways, but he has a skill which allows him to counter-attack any distance and it was an automatic KO if I tried to attack him with her. And I did have my Bow Knight Shamir in range, but she would’ve died as well. Nobody on my team could take him without dying in the counterattack. I quickly realized only Byleth could attack and not die. But even then if I didn’t kill him in one turn he would surely finish me off, and even if he didn’t, the dozen other enemies around him now certainly would have.
But I’ve got one shot, so I say screw it. Where’s Linhardt. He has ONE WARP LEFT. Just one. And I’m able to warp Byleth within reasonable range, but I’m still not sure if I’m able to reach him after that. And I know that if I can’t he’ll just ride further off on the next turn and there’s no way I’ll be able to fight my way through a dozen enemies by myself to catch him, much less beat him. I’m able to get it within one diagonal square from the Death Knight. I made it!
But that’s only half the battle. Oh yes. I still have to kill him in one turn and NONE of my attacks can do it, not even with the Sword of the Creator WITH a combat art. However, I have a 46% chance at crit.... and if I miss, I die...
I roll the dice and go for it....
Cha-Ching!!! The critical cutscene blazes across the screen! Here is something to believe in. You’re dang right it is. BOOM! 120 critical damage to win the map, AND I got my Dark Seal! AND I GOT MY FREAKING DARK SEAL.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

darkfenrir

Goddamn I just finished the Black Eagle route, that was super intense. Love it though. Superb ending Even though there's still a lot of enemies still slithering in the dark reeee

Other than that I'm also surprised who ends up with who lol. Mine ends up with Caspar + Linhardt, Bernadetta + Hubert, Dorothea + Petra, and Fyleth + Edelgard

darkfenrir

Late

Just got to the time skip and saw 5 year older Claude but stopped before I could see other characters. Got something to look forward to tomorrow.

I had some fun with the Death Knight as well. Not quite to the same extent as Jaxon but I still had to improvise a bit. I decided to focus on the left side of the map first while Death Knight was on the other side. I defeated some other enemies from that side though and was moving my units towards the middle to get rid of some archers and pegasus knights. My cavaliers exited the area quickly while Flayn couldn't move as fast. I didn't mind it though since Death Knight hadn't moved and I wasn't too close to him. But then the Death Knight decided to move. Why? Because one random NPC healer walked just close enough to gain his attention.

I didn't have anyone capable of disposing him nearby so I had to wait until I got my main character back from the other side of the map while trying to run away with Flayn. This was also the moment where I noticed that Lysithea wasn't with me. She defeated him once before so I think she could have done it again. Anyway, I had to stop him from advancing somehow so I decided to sacrifice a unit. But it wasn't my own unit. Instead, I used Rescue to grab one of the stupid NPCs who got me to this situation to begin with and let him stand in the doorway. Worked great. Creative solutions are the best solutions.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

rallydefault

@Late
lol, that is funny!

I'm still amazed at how much this game has sucked me in. I'm not a strategy gamer AT ALL. The only other strat game I've truly enjoyed was the original FF Tactics. I played FE Awakening and enjoyed it but didn't no-life it like I'm doing with Three Houses. Tried the Disgaea games, can't get into them. Other stuff similar never clicked.

It's been awhile since I put 40+ hours into a game without even realizing it. AND I don't want it to end anytime soon! AND I'm definitely doing a second playthrough, if not a third for all three houses. Just refreshing to play a game that was obviously so well-loved by the devs and is so polished and immersive.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Buizel

Just completed Chapter 19 on Black Eagle route. Story spoilers below.

Honestly shocked by how dark the story in this is. I think killing Edelgard - your once student and ally - has to be the darkest moment I've encountered in a Nintendo game.

Edited on by Buizel

Buizel

Late

Found a relic weapon called Axe of Ukonvasara. Always makes me laugh when I see Finnish words used in video games. Ukko is is pretty much just Finland's Zeus or Thor and "vasara" translates to a hammer.

EDIT: Also a funny coincidence. Just as I finished writing this, a thunderstorm started.

Edited on by Late

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Tsurii

@Late Hilda's weapon's got a German name, weird how they often mix and match these things with their in-universe "mythology" (not sure, if the game tells you whether or not names like Freikugel are based on anything in Fodlan)

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Grumblevolcano

So what are your clear times for those who have finished? I'm in the position where I can start Three Houses but trying to decide whether I should wait until after Astral Chain as that comes out very soon and is almost certainly the shorter game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

darkfenrir

I'm at 35~40 hours mark for first run at Black Eagles route.

Some people were reaching 60-80 a route so it really depends

darkfenrir

rallydefault

I'm over 40 hours a few missions after the time skip.

rallydefault

Ralizah

@darkfenrir @Grumblevolcano I'm at 65 hours on Golden Deer and am probably only 2/3'rds of the way done with this game.

It's a massive game.

40 - 80 hours seems to be the norm, depending on how much side content you engage with.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Mince

Completed black eagles in 46 hours

I did no quest battles or monster battles after the time skip because i have a save file for Edelgards path and didnt want to burn myself out before finishing the whole story.

Will be starting that in the next couple of days.

Have to say not sure how i feel about the hidden path I got very lucky between reading a article regarding it, but it is so easy to miss

Edited on by Mince

Mince

Spanjard

Gotta say, almost all of the positive you ppl here mentioned about the game kinda turned me off, but... I just got to watch a little bit of a let’s play and I found myself wanting to see more and more. My plan was to just buy astral chain this month but now I’m not sure lol. Let’s sleep over it!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

JaxonH

100 hrs on my Profile “Time Played”

Chapter 17 or 18.

PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano Golden Deer took me 62 hours to complete, and I made sure to do monastery stuff and even battles/paralogues when they popped up.

NG+ will be much shorter, but I'm taking a break from Fire Emblem until I beat Astral Chain most likely.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic