Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 381 to 400 of 1,049

JaxonH

Seasons of Warfare Edition back up on Amazon

Fire Emblem Seasons of Warfare Edition Amazon

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Magician

Yup, my prayer was answered, I snatched a copy of the LE from Amazon instantly.

The hype is real.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BougieBeetle

Getting close to the end of Radiant Dawn, just got a handful of chapters left. At this point, I'm mostly benching everyone but my best units and turning them loose to range far ahead and Enemy Phase everything with ranged weapons.

I was wondering, what do you all think of the strategy, in general, of picking one or two units, dumping all your resources into them, and allowing them to slaughter everything? I feel like that would be an effective strategy for quite a few maps in most Fire Emblem games, provided you choose units with sufficient stats (DracoKnights and Paladins, basically).

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

Late

@BougieBeetle I wish I bought Radiant Dawn when I had a chance. I had not played any Fire Emblem (I think... or maybe tried the GBA games?) and I had a chance to buy it online when they still had it in stock. I had no idea Path of Radiance was rare or that Radiant Dawn would become just as hard to obtain mere months later. That said, I don't know if I would've even been able to get it from that store since it was UK site and I wasn't even 18 at the time. I had a VISA card but I doubt I could've used it to purchase stuff from other countries. I've played all English releases but those two. I wonder when Nintendo is going to make them available again? Maybe as a remade double pack. That would be awesome.

I don't like being overpowered in games so I wouldn't go with that kind of tactic myself but I have a friend who thinks that being overpowered is the best thing about video games. I'd guess focusing on just couple units would make the game quite easy though they do try to prevent that from happening by limiting the experience that units gain when they are ahead of the curve. Some people speedrun Fire Emblem though so it's probably not too much of a hindrance. Or they have other tricks up their sleeve. I've only ever seen the last battle of Path of Radiance in Games Done Quick when I happened to tune in just as they were finishing the game.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Ryu_Niiyama

Gotta say after seeing the unboxing I kinda want that steel case. I usually don’t buy games twice on the same system without region differences. However I am tempted.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Matroska

@BougieBeetle Traditionally that works well in Fire Emblem. It's funny, there are like layers of understanding where each new level contradicts the previous one. So beginners might see the "Jagen" unit of the game, a pre-promote that you start with, and think "Oh cool, an OP unit straight away, let me use him to kill everything" but that's a rookie mistake because you're depriving your other units of exp, the Jagen doesn't get much exp anyway, and are typically terrible as they level up, they're just good early game. So the advice then becomes "Never use your Jagen" but then that itself is a mistake because, especially on harder difficulties, they're really useful early on.

Same as "Spread your exp around equally" is often given as advice to newer players, but you can only field so many units at once so you should focus on your active units rather than trying to level everyone. The thing you're talking about is called juggernauting. It does work well, but in cases where you need to do several things at once (defend green units, visit several villages before they're destroyed, kill thieves before they escape with treasure) you'll often be totally screwed because you have Goku and Vegeta but then a load of Yamchas, so to speak.

Matroska

Matroska

So for people that are playing 3H early, there's actually a patch available today. It's presumably the day 1 patch going up early, and I know at least one thing it does is enable DLC (the base game won't load DLC even if you have it installed). Hopefully it also improves performance a bit because no frigging way is it a stable 30fps in the school sections.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Ryu_Niiyama

Lunatic Difficulty will be patched in later apparently.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Matroska

@Ryu_Niiyama That's good. This is the first FE I actually feel tempted to play Lunatic in. I wonder if they'll make it so you can do NG+ and "upgrade" to Lunatic? Or are you locked to whatever difficulty NG was on? According to a thread on Serenes's Forest it has a system like the Grade Shop in the Tales series for NG+.

Matroska

Ryu_Niiyama

I swear this game is going to eat up the next six months of my life. I'm scared. ...and excited.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Matroska

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah, same here. It's one of the most comfy games I've played in ages. I love exploring the school, and nice little touches like how you can order food (with ingredients you got yourself from the greenhouse and fishing area) and invite 2 people to eat with you, raising their motivation and supports. Lots of nice things like that. All these things get you really attached to your housemates. It's gonna be devastating if one of them dies in battle. 😭

Matroska

BougieBeetle

@Late, I actually bought both Tellius games on release (I'm an old dude, lol), but really took my time finishing them. They've become some of the rarer items in my collection, although I certainly didn't buy them with that in mind. I blame speedrunners for driving up the prices on old games with their need for original hardware and software.

But I agree, a Tellius collection is long overdue. The story is really top-notch, and the mechanics are solid, although RD has some serious pacing and balancing issues which really punish first-time players.

@Matroska, Juggernauting, eh? I'm slowly learning all this community lingo, haha. I agree, for maps with specific objectives it wouldn't be viable, but with the advent of Bonus EXP, it would be simple enough to pump up a few extra units to make them viable for a chapter or two. And in any case, it's generally not necessary to save every NPC or put out every fire or whatever — but I like to do it, just out of compulsion, really.

One Stage at a Time, a podcast examining classic games level by level | https://soundcloud.com/onestageatatime

JaxonH

I want to see if you can lower difficulty. Either anytime, or once at the timeskip. I’m not really sure if this is a real mechanic or just internet myth. But if you could lower your difficulty, I would probably start on Hard.

Maybe reviews will answer this question...

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Lunatic difficulty: because you have to be a lunatic to even attempt playing the game at this difficulty level.

I'm good, fam. I'll play on hard and actually enjoy my time with the game!

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Matroska

@JaxonH Well you can effectively lower difficulty by grinding in this game. I just checked in my game and difficulty is locked in the options menu once you start.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

JaxonH

@Matroska
Maybe it’s incorrect, but I heard Hard difficulty limits your ability to grind? Admittedly that doesn’t quite seem right since that would mean you can’t do skirmishes in your free time... So maybe that’s just not true.

Thank you for checking the difficulty though.

JaxonH

In Awakening and Fates and Echoes, I had my XP and gold DLC maps which I thoroughly leveraged to ensure I was always in control. This game actually won’t have that at launch, or anytime soon. So maybe Normal won’t be as easy as expected.

Ryu_Niiyama

Ok, I'll see y'all on Sunday. On pure blackout for this game till then. (I have cert prep so I'll be working on that til Sunday.) Kill some archers for me!

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Matroska

@JaxonH Ah, you're right about that, good point. I don't know for sure yet but I'd guess you get unlimited skirmish battles on Normal that don't move the clock forward.

I guess you could do Normal first then do Hard for another route once you know how each map is.

Edited on by Matroska

Matroska

Grumblevolcano

Update 1.0.1 is out now.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic