Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 361 to 380 of 896

Tsurii

It also doesn't matter because that's not how you decide what kind of projects you want to greenlight...

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii I was thinking more about if they had already decided, Heroes would have more from the game being remade because the days of Fire Emblem having some characters not voiced seems to be gone (Echoes and Three Houses has voice acting for all characters).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

What difficulty are people going with, and what mode?

I read an AMA from the person reviewing the game at Polygon, and they said the game has been kinda easy, as did the one from GameInformer. Granted, they're seasoned fans, so Idk if that's just them being good at the game or if it actually is easier.

I usually play casual on normal mode, so I'm thinking classic normal this time. If it's a bit easier, and has a time wheel, I want to at least go permadeath to add some tension. Deaths may be rare but at least they can be impactful.

Was almost tempted to do hard classic but I dont want to box myself into a corner with difficulty. Plus, despite their comments, the gameplay showed quite a few deaths and what I perceive to be decent difficulty. Would go hard casual but, Idk, I'm ready for a classic run this time.

So normal classic it is, I think.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

darkfenrir

if I bought it (still uncertain), probably will go with phoenix-easy :v

I will play it for the story, with some try on gameplay, but beyond that... I just want the story haha

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Grumblevolcano

Probably Normal Classic like every other Fire Emblem though a bit wary due to the DLC story.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarthNocturnal

Normal Classic. Casual will be for any future “chill“ playthroughs, where I don't have to be super defensive with my moves.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Luna_110

I’ll go hard/classic. I like a good challenge, and it seems normal mode is just way too easy.

For those interested, you can tune down the difficulty in game if you start in hard mode and start having too much problems. What you can’t do is go from normal to hard or change from casual to classic (and viceversa).

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Ralizah

I've played Hard/Classic since Awakening, and I don't intend to stop that now. I even did a Hard/Classic run of Conquest, which got... hairy at times. This is supposedly not a terribly difficult game, though, so it probably won't present too many challenges.

Ralizah

LzWinky

Ralizah wrote:

I've played Hard/Classic since Awakening, and I don't intend to stop that now. I even did a Hard/Classic run of Conquest, which got... hairy at times. This is supposedly not a terribly difficult game, though, so it probably won't present too many challenges.

Which is why Casual is the way to go...

I only say this because F*** RNG bulls*** where my character dies to some random critical

Current games: Dragon Quest Builders 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

MsJubilee

LzWinky wrote:

my character dies to some random critical

Ahh, this brings back Darkest Dungeon memories.

I've died,there is no more me.

If it's bitter at the start. Then it's sweeter in the end.

Reading Grappler Baki & The Saga of Tanya the Evil(light novel volume one).

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ralizah

@LzWinky Oh yeah. This particularly sucks with regard to boss encounters, which have never been done well in any of the FE games I've played.

My problem with casual is that I have no incentive not to take huge risks with my units, which conflicts with the way these games are designed. You wouldn't get AW-esque game design with a game that's not built around disposable units, for example. On the other hand, in your favor, Awakening would keep certain characters alive for story purposes even if you couldn't use them, which conflicts with the whole permadeath thing.

I do wish there were some milder penalty for a character being defeated. It'd be cool if, say, a character were hospitalized for a couple of battles after being defeated. It'd still incentivize careful play, but also wouldn't harshy punish the player for a random roll of the dice that turned out poorly, so to speak.

Ralizah

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Having played since the GBA titles, casual still feels a bit like sacrilege to me. But then again, I never play higher than normal, and even then sometimes I struggle. lol

@Ralizah I actually really like the idea of the hospitalized thing. I could see a whole series of sub-mechanics of needing to get or maintain sources of supplies, and even special option missions to get medicines. I'd like to see something like Valkaria Chronicles style, where if you get to a defeated unit in time, you can evac them, rather than them just dropping dead on the spot.

Then again, if I cut your head off, there ain't a darn thing anyone can do to fix that! lol

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Ralizah

@Heavyarms55 Death in FE games is always very vague unless it's a prominent story beat, though. And if the game is unwilling to kill a character off for story purposes, then I should absolutely be allowed to continue using them in battle.

I also really like how Valkyria Chronicles handles the whole character death thing. Granted, I think it should penalize you more harshly for a unit's HP falling to zero, but I love that I can retrieve my unit before it dies permanently. It's a reasonably elegant system.

Ralizah

Tsurii

I hope y'all classic players actually play classic and not that absolutely stupid pseudo casual mode the oh so hardcore FE veterans love to brag about 😛

If you're resetting anyway, turn casual mode on.

Edited on by Tsurii

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

BruceCM

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Then again, if I cut your head off, there ain't a darn thing anyone can do to fix that! lol

Um, it's a game... So, stick it back on with super-glue & they be fine I personally had no problem resetting older games, so I like casual mode

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Late

Probably going with Classic - Hard. That's what I did with Birthright and Echoes.

@Tsurii I will. I never understood why people reset as soon as someone dies. Kind of defeats the purpose. Some say it makes the game harder but I fail to see how. I'd say it's much more difficult to actually try to keep everyone alive but prepare for the worst and have a backup plan if someone dies.

I was against the turnwheel in Echoes too at first but then they introduced the witch enemy. In my first battle against them, both teleported from the other side of the map next to one of my units on first turn and killed them. There was absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent that from happening. The whole turnwheel was probably added just because of those enemies...

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Spanjard

Late wrote:

I was against the turnwheel in Echoes too at first but then they introduced the witch enemy. In my first battle against them, both teleported from the other side of the map next to one of my units on first turn and killed them. There was absolutely nothing I could have done to prevent that from happening. The whole turnwheel was probably added just because of those enemies...

This reminds why I’m hesitant buying these games. You have these cheap moments where up until that point you’ve been super careful and strategic and all that fun stuff, but then suddenly without warning a couple of enemy units get spawned right behind you and kill a member of your team. It makes me never want to think ahead again because what’s the point?

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Tsurii

@Late yeah, a (thankfully small) part of the fire emblem fandom has this weird sense of elitism that losing a little time (really, most battles aren't even that long) somehow makes you an infinitely better player than people who have the same ingame consequences (none) but don't waste hours of their life getting to the same point as them elitist bois.
I always liked the idea of having to actually watch out for your favorite units because if you make one mistake, they're gone. for the rest of your playthrough

I think the turnwheel is a good solution in between resetting and actually playing the game in classic mode tho. You do get some leeway with mistakes, if you choose so, but get too carried away and you'll still lose units. I think Echoes got a little too high on those cogs for the turnwheel/the uses of the rewind towards the very end of the game, but they can easily restrict that and I'm not gonna act like you can't just limit yourself to three uses max, or something. Or, heck, maybe three houses adds an option to turn the thing off for good, if you're not willing to get Even the slightest bit of margin for error. For the hardcore masochists 'n all 😂

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter

JaxonH

There is no Phoenix mode. That's gone. Not that it's really needed. Normal casual (with a turn wheel at that) should be plenty easy enough.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard people saying you can lower difficulty, not raise it (only at the mid point?) but I also heard someone confirm that was not the case in Echoes and there's been no mention of confirmation for this game.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

darkfenrir

Oh dang no Phoenix mode? Hopefully there's easy then...

Also it seems there's spoilers for Three Houses in FEH, so if some of you play FEH and want to play 3 Houses, skip the dialogues in FEH

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic