Forums

Topic: Fire Emblem: Three Houses

Posts 21 to 40 of 929

Tyranexx

Definitely intrigued by this. The grunts on the field have especially piqued my interest. I still need to play a couple of the older games still nestled in my backlog, though.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Dezzy

If this has full exploration of all towns as well as the relationship mechanic of Awakening, this could end up being my favourite Fire Emblem game.

jump wrote:

I'm not keen that you're using squads now rather than units, but I will reserve judgement.

I strongly suspect the squads will be mostly for visual purposes rather than any meaningful gameplay purpose.
Nintendo aren't exactly one to change the core of an established formula.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Therad

Dezzy wrote:

If this has full exploration of all towns as well as the relationship mechanic of Awakening, this could end up being my favourite Fire Emblem game.

jump wrote:

I'm not keen that you're using squads now rather than units, but I will reserve judgement.

I strongly suspect the squads will be mostly for visual purposes rather than any meaningful gameplay purpose.
Nintendo aren't exactly one to change the core of an established formula.

If you look at the trailer, they have formations as an option, and later in the trailer we see them changing a formation and charging.

I doubt it will change much, rather just add another layer on top of the weapon triangle.

Therad

Dezzy

@Therad

Right exactly. That's what I thought. I just meant that they'll probably still function as effectively being a single unit.
Although I guess maybe they could have transferring footmen between different heroes?

My only criticism so far is the maps shown looked really basic. I hope that's just cos they wanted something simple to make it clear though.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Therad

Dezzy wrote:

@Therad

Right exactly. That's what I thought. I just meant that they'll probably still function as effectively being a single unit.
Although I guess maybe they could have transferring footmen between different heroes?

My only criticism so far is the maps shown looked really basic. I hope that's just cos they wanted something simple to make it clear though.

Yeah, the map was barren. But adding details is usually done later, so I am hopeful it will improve.

Therad

Dezzy

I hope they ditch the completely pointless avatar character in this. It's so unnecessary for these games. Worked just fine without it.

Also, one of the main characters in the trailer was called Edelgard. I can't read that name without seeing Edgelord, lol.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

gcunit

Err... guys? There's an elephant in the room here.

Is no-one going to mention.... -gulp-...

... the title?

I mean, don't judge a bro by his underpants and all that, but that has got to be one of the lamest titles I've ever come across. FE is still a relatively obscure brand outside of the faithful, and I'm not sure 'Three Houses' is going to change that.

Not that that matters particularly I guess, but... lame name is all.

I'm still on the GBA FE on Wii U VC, so it will be a while before I've worked my way through to 3H anyway. Looked promising though.

Edited on by gcunit

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Therad

@gcunit the title isn't particularly inspired, but I don't think fates or awakening as titles are that good either. I also think three houses alludes more to the plot than a word like "awakening".

Edited on by Therad

Therad

Lroy

I thought this game looked amazing. Like a cross between the GC/Wii FIRE EMBLEM games and the modern 3DS titles AWAKENING/FATES. Am slightly gutted it has been pushed to Spring 2019 but it looks like it will be well worth the wait. Just hope we don't get three different skews like with FATES.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Judi

@gcunit The titles are never that great really, but also I kind of liked it because it gave me expectations for the story. Something akin to the romance of the three kingdoms would be nice.

@Lroy The wait will probably be good. I think from a timing perspective since FE isn't as big a series as other Nintendo titles, it's probably better for the game if titles like Let's Go Pokeymans and Smash increase console ownership before this game hits shelves.

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Lroy

@Judi I presumed it was simply because the game needed more development time.

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Judi

@Lroy Well I mean it's probably primarily that. I'm just saying the wait will be good!

Currently procrastinating on: implementing virtual memory and synchronization.
Currently distracted with: Mario Tennis Aces

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

Lroy

@Judi Ah cool. I've plenty in my backlog to keep me occupied until it arrives (actually enough games in the pile to last me several life times ☺️)

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Dezzy

gcunit wrote:

Err... guys? There's an elephant in the room here.

Is no-one going to mention.... -gulp-...

... the title?

I mean, don't judge a bro by his underpants and all that, but that has got to be one of the lamest titles I've ever come across. FE is still a relatively obscure brand outside of the faithful, and I'm not sure 'Three Houses' is going to change that.

I've heard several people say this and still can't figure out what's wrong with "Three Houses" exactly?

Is it because fantasy titles have to sound melodramatic and mysterious or something? Like "Shadowy Legend of the Lost Blade" or something like that?

Three Houses sounds fine to me. Just makes it sound more serious than some of their other titles. Maybe they could've expanded it a bit. Something like "Thrall of the Three Houses". That has a bit better rhythm to it.
I just hope Three Houses doesn't mean three different versions of the damn game. I'd very much like just 1 single release this time.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Same thought occurred to me (three different versions of the same game, Fates style), but it hasn't been mentioned at all in their press release. I'm hoping that means they're going with a single release.

Ralizah

DarthNocturnal

I'm still hoping for a single release of Fates that has a lower rarity level then an NES Classic controller! Switch port, anyone?

But yeah, if they do multiple version with this... eh, I think FE will be dead to me until they do another remake. Like of the GBA or Tellius games.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Dezzy

@Ralizah Did they mention it with Fates to start with though? I don't think they did.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Grumblevolcano

Given Daemon X Machina is being shown off now with Treehouse Live, there's a fair chance we'll see Fire Emblem appear either today or tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Tyranexx

Dezzy wrote:

I hope they ditch the completely pointless avatar character in this. It's so unnecessary for these games. Worked just fine without it.

Also, one of the main characters in the trailer was called Edelgard. I can't read that name without seeing Edgelord, lol.

I'm fine with there being an avatar, though tbh the only FE I've played without one is Shadow Dragon (not sure if Blazing Blade counts or not since you can at least select the gender). I can do without them, but I like having a personal character in the game.

Darn it, now I've started reading that as Edgelord.

I hope this is covered tomorrow. I tuned into the stream at times but never saw/heard anything about this title today.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Metroid: Samus Returns, Golden Sun: Dark Dawn

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic