Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy XV

Posts 181 to 200 of 205

Geobros

Yosheel wrote:

@Geobros spells can be used after finding an elemental charging spot.

They're single use and you don't get to choose the spell (it depends on the element you picked up).

But most maps have them in good quantities.

The skill tree gives them names for each tier, like in other FF games, but they don't really change visually.

Thanks for your answer Yosheel. So, if I understood well, I unlocked the more powerful spells (Firaga etc....), so when I use spells in battle are more powerful? I don't see big difference to be honest, I feel like I lost 50 precious AP points that I could use for more interesting skills.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

Eel

I think yes, they are more powerful.

There's other perks in that branch of skills though so don't feel like you wasted the points.

You'll get plenty AP, and spells are a nice way to clear out enemies so it's worth keeping them tuned.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Tsurii Hmm, that makes it sound a little better I suppose. Still, not entirely a fan of sad or bittersweet endings in long, long games (something like Uncharted or something, fine I can see doing it for narrative, but 100+ hour epics that makes it all a little unrewarding.) But at least that sounds better. 15 may still be bumped down the backlog priority list as a result. Playing for a month + just to get depressed as a reward is less inviting that just spinning up DQXI or NNK2.

LOL, well Torna's not a spoiler of Torna but of the main game I guess? Now THAT is a bittersweet if not all out depressing tale from beginning to end since you know from the start that absolutely everything is tragic for everyone, start to finish. Except Mythra. But this doesn't sound much lighter.

NEStalgia

Geobros

I have another question for those who finished the game. We find items that we can sell for money. For original FF XV, there is a list of items that you have not to sell, for example.
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132396...

In pocket version, there are items that they are not for selling? Or we have to sell them all?

Geobros

Eel

I don't think there's any use for any of the treasure items in this version.

All weapons are worth just money, and there's no side quests that require them.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Dezzy

NEStalgia wrote:

long games (something like Uncharted or something, fine I can see doing it for narrative, but 100+ hour epics that makes it all a little unrewarding.) But at least that sounds better. 15 may still be bumped down the backlog priority list as a result.

You'd have to work pretty hard to get 100+ hours out of FF15. It's not a Witcher 3 scale game. You can probably 100% it in like 70-80 hours.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Hmm, what other RPGs would you compare its size to? I mean I'm 40+ hours into Torna but did XC2 in 115 or so (but didn't grind it as complete as Torna.)

I'm still wondering what the remaining DLC will sell for....might be worth waiting to play until they finish making the game next year. I mean I've owned the game for 2 years on 2 platforms now. By year three the game might be ready to start playing!

NEStalgia

Seacliff

Does the Pocket Edition ending use the one from the original game's Royal Edition, or the super vague ending from the original release?

Seacliff

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Well it's about 45 hours for the main game, including the DLC, and then there's probably 20-30 hours of side-missions on top of that. The Xenoblade games are significantly longer in both their main story and the amount of sidequests.
This is comparable to the earlier games in the series. FF4/5/6/7/8/9 were all about the same as this.
I would say that the story does feel complete at this point. The upcoming DLC will largely be additional but I don't think any of it will be essential to understand the story (whereas the first lot of DLC WAS essential to understand it)

NEStalgia

@Dezzy Hmm, that doesn't sound wildly different than Xenoblade....65-75 hours of store +side missions seems RPG normal. Still shorter than Xenoblade but that's an excessive case where I'm looking at 50 or more hours just on the DLC prequel

Witcher 3 is bigger?! Dang that was on the list too

Yeah I imagine the story seems complete now...but then...why add the DLC at all? (Maybe the happy ending version is among them. I'd pay for that ) If I've waited so long to play I'll just feel lost if there's more (I do wonder who's buying the extra DLC...I imagine most that wanted to play the game already did.)

NEStalgia

Eel

@Seacliff I dunno which version it is but the ending goes like this:

Noctis kills Ardyn and goes to sit in the throne room to summon his ancestors... Who proceed to stab him multiple times.

Then he kills Ardyn again in the afterlife and disappears in a cloud of sparkles.

Then after some credits you see a flashback of him the night prior talking to the group in the campsite where he is struggling to express his feelings and tells them they’re the best.

Then you hear daddy king talking about how he wishes Noctis and Luna a happy life together and you see them both sitting in the throne all sleepy and lovey-dovey, you see the picture he took from Promptos collection, and they become the logo in he title screen.

Bloop.

Seacliff

@Yosheel
I haven't played the Royal Edition, but that sounds exactly like the original ending.
Oh well.

Seacliff

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

Witcher 3 has like 200+ hours of content. On par with Skyrim and Xenoblade X.

The next DLC probably IS going to have a happy ending alternative. That's what the descriptions sound like.
2 of the upcoming DLC will just be extra story detail for 2 of the main characters and then the other 2 will combine to be an alternative ending. That's what it sounds like from what we've been told.

@Yosheel @Seacliff

The very end is the same in all versions. The royal edition just extends the last chapter by about an extra hour's playtime. It doesn't change the actual ending events though.

Edited on by Dezzy

NEStalgia

@Dezzy @Yosheel Well the director was talking about maybe including a happy ending in the DLCs. Not confirmed yet but he was talking about it. It would be cool to have a "true" ending that if you do everything right you somehow set events on a happy outcome. Plus a player determined ending just makes sense for a big story driven RPG, the idea that how you play can determine characters fates is motivating to make the right choices. Kind of like how Dishonored turns the entire world into a sick and twisted nightmare the more you kill people, and things are kind of mild if you just avoid and non-lethally deal with people

NEStalgia

Geobros

@Belgiandelight That sucks. I didn't have same problem, I finished this chapter 2 days ago.

Geobros

Dezzy

@NEStalgia

It was essentially confirmed by the descriptions given for the next DLC. I won't post them all because they contain spoilers but the way it sounded is that there are 4 DLC in 2019. The first 2 will just be additional to the main story. The last 2 will combine to offer an alternative happy ending.

This image came from an official SquareEnix presentation, so it seems like a confirmation:
Untitled

NEStalgia

@Dezzy That definitely sounds awesome and makes me definitely want to wait to play until all the DLC is out. (Great, I've bought the game thrice now....and I still have to buy more of it. ) That's ok, I can always slot Persona 5, NNK2, DQXI, WoFF, Deus Ex MD, ME Andromeda, Nier Automata, Ys 8, Witcher 3, Skyrim, Dragons Dogma, or one of the other half dozen RPGs in my backlog for the next year until they're done making FFXV. If they make a happy ending version I can forgive them for 3 years of post release develoment.

I just want to know if I can buy a season pass for it (again?) or if I have to buy each individually.

NEStalgia

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.