Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 901 to 920 of 1,768

canucksfan989

Beat FF X clocked in about 60 hours got the Celestial Weapons for Rikku , Kimahri , Auron and Yuna. Solid game felt like it was a little slow to open up i wanna say around the halfway point is where the story really hooked me. Won't go into spoilers but the final boss was great except the gauntlet portion. Felt like that part dragged on but yeah really enjoyed this game. Might go back to finish the Monster Capturing but that would be it i don't think i can get the stats to face the Dark Aeons

canucksfan989

komodo182

I finished up in Omega Ruins tonight. Auron does about 40k+ damage with his regular attack. Yuna does 40-60K with Holy or 20-40k x 2 for the doublecat ultima. Her bahamut does 90k with his regular attack and 99,999 with the overdrive. Those numbers were the damage done to Omega Weapon. So Omega Weapon didn't take too long to beat.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

canucksfan989

@komodo182 Nice yeah i'm nowhere even close to that lol , Auron at best does 11k for me and i haven't seen Yuna break the damage limit with her celestial weapon and using her spells.

I did try FF X2 for about 30 minutes , maybe i'm just not used to ATB after FF X but something felt super off. The first boss fight on MT Gagazet it was like i couldn't get my party members to throw out potions fast enough. I selected potion but by the time it was ready the person i was targeting was dead.

canucksfan989

BruceCM

Didn't you switch Yuna to songstress again & darkness dance @canucksfan989 .... ?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

The crazy thing i have ever did when i used to be play FF X-2 on my modded PS2, I have got 3 Catnips and i equipped them on all the girls. They have learnt Trigger Happy Lv 3, i had Garment Grid with First Strike auto ability, i have set the cursor into Memory and when i went to Lv 80 and deeper at Bevelle Via Infinito, there were Bosses swarming around with Normal Battle song. Before that, i made all the girls in Low HP. When i encountered with them, quickly i choose Trigger Happy (All girls i have set into Gunners with last command = Trigger Happy) and i mashed R1 Button like crazy to perform multiple Quick 9999 damages onto "Boss" enemies.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

Just realized the Switch version of FF8 will probably be the best edition available. Updated 3D models. And playing it on the handheld screen is ideal because the pre-rendered backgrounds are too low resolution for a massive monitor.

Did they ever patch that music issue with FF9? That was the main thing holding back the Switch version for that game.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

Maan....
My Yojimbo on FF X/X-2 HD Switch was really like with Yuna. 😗
I mean, he sliced the foes into two with his Zanmato four times by total this morning. And one of his Zanmato was his first strike before even i paid him any gil ! 😮

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

komodo182

@Anti-Matter I have only used him a few times so far.

komodo182

Well finished up tonight. I was way overlevelled. Almost everyone died in one hit. Then I started x2....wtf...couldn't even continue

DenDen

X2 is pretty fun if you keep your exeptations low

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

komodo182

@DenDen It was too different for me. Not into the gun thing either for weapons or changing clothes...

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
To tell you, FF X-2 = Final Fantasy J-Pop Charlie's Angel. 😆
And if you don't like girlie vibes, you will not enjoy FF X-2.

Anti-Matter

komodo182

@Anti-Matter I got that vibe from it. Charlie's angels kinda thing. I don't get the posing or the singing or the guns. Just wasn't feeling it. But I did really enjoy X. I wish there was a new game plus with it though. Like keep my equipment and AP that I worked hard to get.

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
For me, the beginning story of FF X-2 was very cliche but interesting and hilarious.
I mean, Pop singer Yuna after 2 years ago she dedicated her life to be a summoner that will risk her life to be Final Aeon and then she just changed her job to become Sphere hunter and Pop singer. But literally we just saw fake Yuna (Leblanc in disguise) dancing and singing in the concert and then Rikku and Paine tried to interrupt the concert by some battle with fake Yuna and nobody realized it was a real battle, was not a part of the show. Then we saw a real Yuna showed off her Lara Croft's shooting in the air style and three girls joined in Charlie's Angel pose, the rivalry between Gullwing and Le Blanc team, a concert at Thunder Plain that changed the weather forever.
It was like girls just want to have fun. 😆

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Bucky

X/X-2 and XII are each on sale for $35 at Best Buy, $28 if you have GCU

Bucky

Kaile

So i want to buy x/x-2 and since asian version has both games on cartridge, that is the version i would like to go with. Usually i would import from Japan but i heard that japanese version is either jp voice + jp sub or eng voice + eng sub depending on your system language. Chinese version is supposed to have eng/jp voice and eng/jp/cn subtitles so i would imagine there is an option to choose prefered voice/sub combo.
Can anyone confirm if there is a possibility to play with japanese voice and english subtitles on either japanese or chinese version of the game?

Kaile

komodo182

@Anti-Matter That's as far as I got and said okay, i'm done. Next game

Quarth

Finally beat that first Blitzball match. I didn't have the Jecht Shot, so it was a pain in the... But after one billion tries I won with 2-0. That felt soooo gooooood! Man, I bleepin' hate Blitzball... 😫

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

komodo182

@Quarth Blitzball is actually really fun once you get into it.

Quarth

@komodo182 So I've heard, but I doubt I'll ever have the patience to. At least that smug a-hole team got served in the only obligatory game. That's all that matters and why I didn't give up, LOL. 😅

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic