Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 801 to 820 of 1,768

Dezzy

komodo182 wrote:

blitzball is surprisingly fun I have to say haha.
I spent several hours last night playing it

A lot of people really hate it for some reason. I always enjoyed it. Except for the fact that you can become overpowered really quickly.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
For whoever don't like Blitzball probably don't like soccer / American football / rugby also.
I never like soccer and thus i never like Blitzball also.

Anti-Matter

TuVictus

It's very tedious, especially when you're grinding out matches for Wakka's thing. Even when I got good enough to win the majority of them, it was a lesson in patience just seeing each game through to the end

TuVictus

Late

They just added bunch of Final Fantasy music to Spotify and I of course headed straight to FFX music. One song caught my eye, even though the song names are in Japanese. It was the song that plays during that cutscene involving Tidus and Yuna. You know the one. I was so involved with the visuals and music that I didn't even have time to think about who might be performing the song. Turns out it was RIKKI and that's why I immediately had to click that song to confirm it's the same RIKKI I know.

I really loved Bravely Default's music and that's how I discovered Revo. After watching Linked Horizon's Bravely Default concert on YouTube, I took a look at other things Revo and his crew has been doing and I fell in love with their music. I haven't looked too much into what each individual person has been doing on their own but I know some of their names / aliases. RIKKI is one of them and sure enough, now that I listened to the song on Spotify, the sound was instantly recognizable.

Listening to the songs on their own also made me want to play Theatrhythm again so I played some of the FFX songs as well as TWEWY and Bravely Default songs. It was as fun as ever. I should play it more often. Since I'm playing FFX for the first time, playing Theatrhythm now spoiled what Jecht looks like later in the game. I've seen him in Theatrhythm multiple times but I didn't have the context earlier so I had no idea who he was. I don't think that matters. Just thought it was kind of funny.

As for FFX itself, I'm in Mt. Gagazet. It was quite a long road between the last two save points. I don't tend to flee from battles in RPGs very often but enough is enough. It felt like I couldn't take two steps before another battle began. Also learned recently that Aeon get better stats the more battles they participate in and I'm pretty sure all of mine are still in the lowest stat tier. I mainly use Aeon during boss battles. They are still doing fine so I guess it doesn't matter all that much.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

TuVictus

@Late Yess I love that song. Suteki da ne is a beautiful song and it fits perfectly into what you're referring to

TuVictus

RR529

I'm at Mt. Gagazet as well, but I think I'm levelled well enough since I grinded a lot right before the second Seymour fight, since the machina in the area gave away tons of experience, plus, since I wasted tons of Gil recruiting Yojimbo, I just finished a lot of grinding on Gagazet as well, so I could have the money to buy all the weapons & armour I wanted from that merchent on the path.

Tidas & Rikku have reached the end of their sphere paths, and I have them starting Yuna's & Lulu's paths respectively, Lulu & Auron are at the end of their paths, but I don't have any LVL 3 unlock spheres (and I don't want to use my one Teleportation sphere) so they're done for now, while Yuna, Wakka, and Kimhari are doing good for now, but the former two are getting close to the end of their paths.

@Late, you can use Sphere Grid spheres to increase an Aeon's stats, but it takes a ton of them even for a small upgrade, so best to only do that if you have a surplus of the things.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

The music was the best part of Bravely Default. Really glad they added some of the songs to Curtain Call as DLC.

Changing away from Revo for Bravely Second was probably the biggest reason I never bothered with that game.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

Anti-Matter

I'm battling against Yunalesca right now.
I'm so nervous if i can defeat her according to my plan. 😧
Wish me luck.

Anti-Matter

Late

@RR529 I kind of get why you've been grinding now. Didn't expect a boss battle as soon as I continue the game. And that was a huge jump in power since the last boss. I didn't have enough time to figure out what to do. Lost twice. Very fast. I'll wait for the weekend and try again with better planning and maybe a bit of grinding. I haven't had any trouble so far despite never stopping to grind and barely ever buying items or equipment so this was unexpected.

I've used some spheres to increase stats when I have too many and can't fit them in my pockets. Don't know how much they've helped since the change isn't really visible.

It's its, not it's.

RR529

Over the past couple days I managed to complete the 3rd fight with you know who, and am now in the middle of the Gagazet Cave (completed two of those little challenge things).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

Late

Died twice more and then I threw some mix with Rikku and noticed the boss could be silenced and poisoned. I scanned him the first time around but after a quick look at the info I just assumed he was unaffected by everything instead of trying to see if anything's missing.

Silence helped a lot since that prevented dispel. I cast all kinds of spells to protect me from his attack that hits everybody and then he never used it. Did silence affect that as well or did I just get lucky? Don't know what that Total Annihilation was about since he died before he could even use it.

It's its, not it's.

Anti-Matter

@Late
What FF did you play?
X or X-2 ?
What boss did you fight?

Anti-Matter

Late

FFX. Trying to avoid spoilers in case there are other people like me who haven't played the game before. It was Seymour Flux.

It's its, not it's.

Anti-Matter

@Late
Oh...
I have beat him quite easily.
I used Tidus, Yuna and Lulu, and my Aeons.
Before battle begin, make sure equip your party with Zombieproof armor.
I used Tidus to cast Hastega, keep supporting the party.
Lulu and Yuna are my Femme Fatale.
I made Lulu spamming Flare (after the boss got Mental Break) onto him, Yuna kept spamming Holy.
I called the Aeons with Full Overdrive to cover my party from his dangerous attacks.
Make sure your Flare and Holy can reach 8000 - 9999 damage.
If you have Bahamut, use Mega Flare to defeat him with Overkill.
Keep grinding your party if you feel not strong enough to beat him.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

Late

@Anti-Matter As I said, I was able to defeat him after few tries. I'm probably way underleveled since I don't stop to grind and I like to use everyone equally. And I don't really buy equipment or items either. Unless there's something I really want to try out. Why bother buying stuff when you have 99 Al Bhed potions, hi-potions, grenades, etc. just from battling and talking to people? That's just how I like to play RPGs. FFX seems to have well designed bosses that actually make me think. I really like that. I don't want to kill them with couple of hits. That's just boring.

The only equipment against zombie status I had was what the merchant before the battle had available. I had just unlocked Hastega for Tidus so I did use that. At least on my previous tries, I don't think I even used Tidus when I beat him. I have no access to Flare or Holy yet. The only problem in that battle was that he'd deal over 2000 damage to each of my characters with that one move that hits everyone and I only had 3 characters who could survive that. As I said, I'm way underleveled. That said, I killed him on 5th try.

Edited on by Late

It's its, not it's.

komodo182

Late wrote:

FFX. Trying to avoid spoilers in case there are other people like me who haven't played the game before. It was Seymour Flux.

I just beat him today

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

RR529

Just arrived at Zanarkand today. Saved just after the party packed up camp.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers

TuVictus

I remember the gagazet fight. I was stuck on it for days one summer before I managed to beat it. Now on every replay I make sure to grind a bit before I reach that part

TuVictus

komodo182

I need some level 3 keys though

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

darkfenrir

Just 5 hours into FF12, and I'm quite curious, what do you guys have for Gambit setup? Either for bosses or normal enemies.

darkfenrir

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic