Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 581 to 600 of 1,768

Magician

Only a few hours into FFXII, really enjoying my time so far.

But playing this makes me want an offline version of DQX even more now.
Untitled

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

@FullbringIchigo, I haven't even found the second teleport crystal yet... Got 6 stones, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Anti-Matter

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Huh?!
How could you go to Tomb of Raithfall without any Job assigned? 🤪
There are TWO Demon Walls inside the Tomb of Raithfall and they are really tough if you haven't set any job to your characters.

Anti-Matter

Zelda1433

My biggest question.... WHERE oh where is FF8?

Switch FC: SW-5454-6221-5238

Zelda1433

@DarthNocturnal Legal issues no doubt, which is unfortunate. I know it's the black sheep of the FF franchise but I personally enjoyed it.

Ralizah

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy This is why I'm glad the Switch version gives you the option to re-assign jobs. Seems like a no-brainer that should have been included in all versions of the game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Anti-Matter

@Ralizah
Wait, i can reset my job on FF XII Switch version ?! 😲
I should talk to Montblanc, right?

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
How did you beat Belias without any job assigned?! 😲
He could burn you with his Oil + Fira.

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@Anti-Matter Something like that. But, yes, the Switch version fixes the one major flaw with the class system in the game.

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Hopefully they do. This isn't like DQ XI S, where the Nintendo version was massively delayed and we're being rewarded with really cool exclusive content to make up for it. This is about improving the basic functionality of the game. This should have been in from the start.

It's going to be weird playing this with a sort of job system. The original didn't have jobs/classes at all.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

FullbringIchigo

@Ralizah @Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy it should and Square are NOT going to add it to the PS4 and P.C versions, which is dumb

it's like they are trying to p*** off those players (of which i am one) on purpose

my best guess is that Square needed a gimmick to get people to buy this version at the price they are selling it at instead of the older, cheaper PS4 and P.C versions

Edited on by FullbringIchigo

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

FullbringIchigo

@Zelda1433 i know people say it's because of the song "Eyes on Me" but it isn't, Square actually own that song and IF for any reason they couldn't use the original they could always re-record it

the real reason is the never saved the source code of older FF games because back then, porting to other systems wasn't something that was really done so they would finish a game then scrap the code, FFVII had the same issue but luckily the original 1998 P.C version was based on unfinished code, which when it came to porting FFVII to newer systems they was able to use as a base

as for VIII they do have some P.C code to work with but it's less complete than VII's was and apparently VII's was very expensive to redo which means VIII would cost even more, this does mean it COULD come to modern systems BUT it's very unlikely

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Zelda1433

@FullbringIchigo That's definitely a bummer. Looks I'll have to hold on to my original PS1 copy if I ever get the itch to play it again.

FullbringIchigo

@Zelda1433 there is a straight up port of the PS1 version on the PS3 PSN (as they can do that even without the source code, the code is needed to make changes such as icons or replacing the SD backgrounds with HD ones)

but yeah i still have all my original FF releases so it's a none issue for me

Untitled

and i have it on my PSVita
Untitled

FullbringIchigo

@Zelda1433 i have the other 360 FFXIII's now too
Untitled

and FFXIV is digital but i will get a physical version for my collection one day

BruceCM

Nice collection, @FullbringIchigo. ... Please persuade them to bring FFXIII trilogy to Switch for me, though

SW-4357-9287-0699

FullbringIchigo

@Anti-Matter it's also on P.C and XB1 via the Backwards compatibility program so if you have either of those you could always get them on there

@BruceCM oh if only i could

BruceCM

Eh, I think there's a good chance they will do them, anyway.... It'd make sense

SW-4357-9287-0699

FullbringIchigo

@BruceCM yeah but this is Square Enix, i love the FF series but Square never do anything that makes sense for example they just released FFXII on Switch and XB1 but they WONT be adding the extra features to the already released PS4 and P.C versions even though they are supposed to be the same game

the released Tomb Raider as a timed exclusive on the XB1 at a time where the XB1 was flagging thus it's sales were lower than expected

they release FFVII on the Switch and XB1 but leave in a game breaking bug they knew since the PS4 version released

FFX on Switch and XB1 even shipped with the music bug they fixed on PS4 last year

people ask for the FFXIII trilogy to be released as a HD remaster on PS4 and XB1 so they release it as a XB1 Backwards Compatible title

like i said i love FF but what Square does makes NO sense

Magician

Just unlocked the gambit system in FFXII.

It's a relief, I was worried about having to manually engage each enemy throughout the game, lol.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic