Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII

Posts 561 to 580 of 816

Switchcraft

Just to confirm before I buy FF X, there is no way to use Japanese Audio + English subs, right?
How about the Asian version?

Gameplay matters.

Anti-Matter

@Switchcraft
Mine is Asia English version with Tidus and Yuna as cover, Bandai Namco logo on Bottom Right, NO age rating label on bottom left.
My Switch machine is PAL region, Account = USA, Language set = English and when i play the Asia English version, it looked completely like 100% USA version, All English.
Untitled

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Switchcraft

Ok, thank you. It seems weird to me. I am 100% sure that I played FF X on PS2 with English subs and Japanese audio. That’s how I would like to revisit the game.

Maybe it was the International Version or a hacked ISO... But I don’t see why Square Enix would lock us out from that option in 2019.

Gameplay matters.

Anti-Matter

@Switchcraft
FF X and X-2 PS2 International were still English voices + Japanese texts.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

PikPi

I'm definitely gonna pick up 12 and 10/10-2 for the Switch, but mostly as a novelty. It's times like this I wish the Switch had some sort of trophy support, because chasing them on the PS4 actually made me play the game in ways I hadn't before, making replaying it much more fun. I might play X-2 on the switch just because that's the kind of game I wouldn't want to take up the whole TV for, anyway

PikPi

NEStalgia

@Switchcraft I think it's a rights thing. X has never been available with JP language outside of the JP version.

With X-2 I suspect there's a rights issue with the opening music and subsequently Lenne's VA being a celebrity hire under contract with Sony/BMG in Japan and different licensing with Sony Music Japan and UMG (now Vivendi) who was/is the artist's label outside Japan. But I've never known why they restricted X as well. I don't believe there's any music rights or anything with it.

NEStalgia

Late

@JaxonH I tend to level up everyone equally in RPGs so that's not a problem. I noticed Kimahri's start point was in the middle of everyone so I opened the lock to the right since no one's on that path yet. Now that I think about it, Rikku is probably going to be on that route. She is kind of a thief, right?

The sphere grid is probably my favorite part of the game right now. You are constantly getting new stuff. I'm taking the obvious paths but I can see it being really fun to try out different combinations on multiple playthroughs.

Is there a way to see what each of the skills do before unlocking them? I don't think the game tells you those, unless I just haven't pressed the correct button, which is likely. I know most of them from other Final Fantasy games and RPGs but there are some I've never heard of.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Anti-Matter

@Late
Here is the map of FF X Sphere grid. 🤓
1. Normal Sphere Grid
Untitled

2. Expert Sphere Grid
Untitled

My Top 6 games :

Heavyarms55

Okay did anyone, I mean ANYONE see Seymour in FFX and NOT immediately think "Yup, he's a bad guy." ???

I mean I haven't even seen him do anything particularly evil yet where I am, but his design and personality just positively SCREAMS "I'm gonna be your enemy in the end!"

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

@Heavyarms55
Seymour was like Mother Gothel (Rapunzel) in some ways.

My Top 6 games :

NEStalgia

I still say the sphere grids look like an evil, evil subway map. I never really liked that layout.

@Heavyarms55 Yeah, I thought that was kind of shoddy storytelling to just paint the villain posing to not be a villain as a hulking, sinister, manipulative figure who talks like a stereotypical evil villain from the first line. I'd be fine with it if he were the stated enemy from early on like Vayne in FFXII. Though Vayne has pretenses of not being evil, it's very clear from the onset you're supposed to be aware he's a conqueror and villain since you first encounter him behind closed doors doing his thing before you see his "friendly" public persona. With Seymour it feels like they wanted to to go through a Xenoblade-like unexpected plot twist moment with him, except they club you over the head with him being villainous from the very start, while hoping you don't notice. Even though even his Aeon is the most evil-looking thing imaginable. Syemour being a cardboard villain, despite some backstory complexity, I think hurts FFX in my mind, though it's redeemed by not really being a story about "good vs evil" at all...other than Seymour (which the game could mostly have done entirely without, IMO) the real villains, are fate, time, and circumstances with no truly evil or good characters (except Seymour, but he's unnecessary), which IMO was a fantastic theme....albeit...it would have been better without cardboard Seymour with chaotic evil laughter on-cue the whole time. He's a bit-player but the suits probably deiced the game needed a proper villain rather than ethereal conceptual "enemies" like "fate", "time", "circumstance", and "closure." If you just mute the Syemour parts, it's very somber tale, both on the surface and behind it. Seymour at least saves it from feeling hopeless and depressing

In a sense the whole story, mood, and feel of FFX feels like a celebration of funerals, on multiple different levels. Though it often kills my interest in revisiting it, but also explains why they wanted to give it a bi-polar series and turn the sequel in to "OK, we're pop stars now, YAY!"

NEStalgia

Morpheel

A literal FFX-2: Electric Boogaloo.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Anti-Matter

@Morpheel
FF X-2 = Final Fantasy Charlie's Angel J-POP style 🤣🤣🤣

My Top 6 games :

Dezzy

Heavyarms55 wrote:

Okay did anyone, I mean ANYONE see Seymour in FFX and NOT immediately think "Yup, he's a bad guy." ???

I mean I haven't even seen him do anything particularly evil yet where I am, but his design and personality just positively SCREAMS "I'm gonna be your enemy in the end!"

Yeah he looks like Sephiroth mixed with Lady Gaga. Never a good sign.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Late

Haven't made that much progress since last time but I just suddenly remembered one thing I haven't thought about for over 10 years. I know one of the summons in advance, Yojimbo. My friend talked about him a lot since he really liked his one hit KO move that could apparently kill bosses too. I do remember him saying it cost money though so maybe he isn't quite as overpowered as he made it sound. I guess I'll see when I get him which I imagine won't be for a while.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I think I drew him as well and gave the drawing to my friend. Fun memories. It's a shame we haven't been in touch for years.

Edited on by Late

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Heavyarms55

Dezzy wrote:

Yeah he looks like Sephiroth mixed with Lady Gaga. Never a good sign.

XD I couldn't agree more!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx
Feel free to add me

Anti-Matter

@Late
Tips for upgrading Yojimbo.
Don't upgrade his MP since he uses his Sword skills based on money you paid and his affection with Yuna.

In HD Remastered version (Also on PS2 PAL, International version) Anima is the Strongest Aeon in FF X.
She can does damage = 16 x 99,999 = 1,599,984 from her Oblivion (Anima's Overdrive)
16 times of 99,999 damages was from 14 times of Quick punches, 1 time of Magical Blast, 1 time of Falling damage.

My Top 6 games :

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I've heard people say that Seymour's voice (The English one at least) makes him sound like Winnie the Pooh @Heavyarms55 .

Not sure I entirely get that but he is a touch more ineffective as a villain after that comparison regardless 😅

Edited on by Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

Anti-Matter

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy
Did you know one thing about Seymour's dark secret ?

He can summon Anima, the strongest Aeon in FF X, that was actually.... from his mother, has been sacrified as Anima's Fayth.
Untitled

My Top 6 games :

Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

I do @Anti-Matter , thank you though

Played both PS2 and PS3 versions of both FF X and X-2

I do need to get back to zodiac age on PS4 at some point...

You don't need to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of - Aigis, Persona 3

"No cost too great. No mind to think. No will to break. No voice to cry suffering" - Hollow Knight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic