Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 541 to 560 of 1,768

Late

@Anti-Matter I currently only have the first three summons. Out of those three, Ifrit is my current favorite, though I haven't used Ixion much yet.

Just got Rikku to join the party. The way they just quickly decide she should be a guardian too is kind of weird, but ok. I'd forgotten how cute she looks in her portrait. She looks a lot like someone I know but I can't quite put my finger on it. I think I've felt the same way, way back when I was searching FFX character art over 10 years ago, when I was drawing the characters.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Quarth

Tomorrow will be a good day: my copy of FF X/X-2 from Play-Asia will arrive and I will also pick up FFXII which is released on that day. And the day after, 1st of May, is a holiday, so I'm off work.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Gameplay_Matters

I sunk 100+ hours into FFXII on PS2. I loved the game so much that I started to hate it! I went for all the hunts and ultimate weapons. I was so happy when I could finally put the game aside. Can’t believe I’ll be starting all over tomorrow again...

@Bunkerneath That is kinda awesome! Of course everybody knows, but I think it’s cute Squaresoft is trying to hide it anyway. Like a school girl’s crush.

Gameplay_Matters

JaxonH

Hoyyyy haha! (Dont ask what sound I just let out, because I don’t even know)

I beat Yunalesca. I went in there rockin some hardcore strategy.

Then, I went down the wrong set of stairs trying to get the Sun Crest, and immediately the door was locked behind me and I was furious! All the joy of winning that battle was immediately sapped from my bones. There is no way I was going to be able to fight Dark Bahamut and win, who guards the area if you don’t grab it before you leave the first time. Yet, by a stroke of pure fortune, after the cut scene played I was actually able to re-enter the area and grab it! I guess I was still one area in the safe zone. I probably won’t even go for the celestial weapons but, I like covering all bases.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@Switchcraft I quit FFXII mid-fight with Yiazmat! I absolutely loved the game, but, at some point, I had to say that enough is enough, and that was the breaking point for me.

I expect the Zodiac Age version of that fight to not take 3 - 5 hours, what with the speed-up feature and the removal of the damage cap.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

JaxonH

Given the disussion about linearity and FFX vs FFXIII, I thought this video perfectly applicable

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Final Fantasy XII is $41.86 on Wal-Mart's site right now. Seems like a pretty darn good deal.

Ralizah

Hmm, my copy won't be in until Friday. Still, it has been a while since I last bought a Switch game (Smash Ultimate last year, I believe), but I'm determined to splurge on this one.

I might have waited, since I'm not sure I want to get to it right away or not, but that limited reversible cover pushed me over the edge. Good work, SE.

I'll be holding off on further Switch purchases until Fire Emblem in July.

Edited on by Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
Final Fantasy XII
Fire Emblem Three Houses

I prefer the “drown myself in Switch games” approach, but I’ll say this: if you’re gonna buy sparingly, at least you know how to make em count

Anti-Matter

Oh, gosh....
I have to play Blitzball, the sport i completely don't like at all for continuing my story progress on FF X HD remastered. 😒

Anti-Matter

Ralizah

@JaxonH Heh. I'm drowning in games on most of my other systems, but not on the Switch (or 3DS, but I don't see that being a problem going forward for obvious reasons), and, as I slowly whittle down my backlog over the rest of my adult life, I plan on keeping it that way. Portable FFXII has always been one of my impossible desires, and now it's real, so I'm not holding back.

Barring some huge surprises in a Direct or E3 (always possible with Nintendo), my 'core games' this year are FFXII, FE: Three Houses, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and Shantae 5. Those are non-negotiable.

I'm also heavily eyeing DQ XI S, Astral Chain, Persona Q2, and AI: The Somnium Files.

I was going to get A Hat in Time, but I got tired of waiting for a release date, so I nabbed it for $12 in a Steam sale. I wanted a portable version, but I'm hardly going to be wanting for Switch games this year.

Edited on by Ralizah

RR529

So a couple questions regarding FFX/X2.

1. Is it only the "Asia" region release that has both on cart, or does the Japanese cart hold both as well?
2. Same question, but regarding the English language option (in the supported languages section of it's page on the Japanese eShop I see the ship shaped Kanji that I assume is English)?

FFX is a very important game for me (while Kingdom Hearts got me interested in JRPGs, FFX was the game that cemented them for me), but it's probably been at least 15 years since I last played it, and I no longer have a PS2 (or my old copy, for that matter), so I probably really should grab this release to relive it.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Anti-Matter

@RR529
Japan, Asia English and Asia Chinese has BOTH two games in one cartridge.
Buy the Asia English version to get 100% vibes of USA version.
Here is the video of Unboxing the Asia English version.

Anti-Matter

Magician

I never played FFXII when it originally released. At the time I was a big original Xbox fan after three PS2s had failed on me in less than three years. So due to the PS2's poor build quality I missed out on FFXII. But after only an hour of playing I can already tell that I'm going to enjoy my time with the game, all the way to the end, thanks to the brilliance of Hitoshi Sakimoto.

I've been a fan of his work since Radiant Silvergun. But he has done equally impressive work elsewhere. Final Fantasy Tactics, Valkyria Chronicles series, several Vanillaware games such as Dragon's Crown, etc. His works uses a lot of techno synth and bells, lots and lots of bells. I can see how the soundtrack for FFXII might turn some folks off the game, Sakimoto is the polar opposite of Uematsu's work.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

canucksfan989

Random question regarding Zodiac Age. I'm following a PS4 guide which should be close to the same game. However I got to a point mentioning the Bazaar and the Gilt or Gild shield needing 3 Molting and 3 Fire Stones plus some gil. I have enough but it's not appearing in the Bazaar menu so was it removed or is there a separate Bazaar that I'm missing?

canucksfan989

Quarth

Sadly my Play-Asia copy of X didn't show up as expected yesterday (it will probably arrive tomorrow), so I'm starting with XII instead.

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

TuVictus

I hated Blitzball. Even when you learn how to play it and can consistently win, it just becomes an extremely tedious slog. Never gonna touch it again after I did it for Wakka's weapon on the PS4 lol

TuVictus

TuVictus

Nah, just the one story-centric part, then never again if you don't want to

TuVictus

Buizel

I gotta say, forced gimmick minigames are one of my top pet peeves in Final Fantasy.

Except Triple Triad. That was great.

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic