Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 41 to 60 of 1,768

Sisilly_G

@Trajan : One could only hope. You never know when the publishers will turn around and screw over the physical release. I didn't think that Ubisoft would have done it with Starlink, but lo and behold.

And I suspect that NBA 2K19 shipped on a 1GB cartridge as the retail edition requires a 29GB download.

Square Enix is the only publisher so far to have released a game/compilation on a 32GB cartridge, but Japan has a higher pricing tier for standard retail releases, and publishers in the West are reluctant to creep up their prices, even just a tad, hence why DLC and microtransactions are so commonplace now. And yet the masses are happy to pay $50 or so more for collector's editions that contain cheap junk in an oversized box. All that matters is that the game(s) are available in the provided media in their entirety.

I am lead to believe that all four games (I thought X and X2 were separate releases back then) will be released together, but whether they will all be on the same cartridge... we can only hope.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Trajan

@Zuljaras Me too

@Silly_G what game uses a 32gb cart? Octopath was less than 3...

Yeah I won't buy a game that has microtractions.

@Anti-Matter dude this isn't the 90s anymore.

You know that people at Nintendo own PS4s and enjoy them?

I don't, but I have a life outside of video games.

Edited on by Trajan

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Sisilly_G

@Trajan : Dragon Quest Heroes I + II which is exclusive to Japan.

It has been available for preorder since before the Switch had even launched in Australia, yet there is no sign at all of a Western release.

"Gee, that's really persuasive. Do you have any actual points to make other than to essentially say 'me Tarzan, physical bad, digital good'?"

Switch Friend Code: SW-1910-7582-3323

Dogorilla

FF9 is the only main-series FF I've played so this is very exciting news for me. I wonder though, now that Square-Enix has presumably got round the licensing issue of releasing FF7 and the like on non-Sony consoles, does that mean they could bring Kingdom Hearts to the Switch? Please?

"Remember, Funky's the Monkey!"

Funky Kong

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
I evaluated the machine before i bought.
PS4 was Really Abbysmal in term of Library games that fit with my criteria.
I just could get 9 PS4 titles before that, until i Removed 3 titles due to availibility on Nintendo Switch version, then i Eliminated again 3 PS4 games after heard FF XII HD, FF X/X-2 HD & World of Final Fantasy Maxima announced for Switch.
Now, i have only 3 PS4 games left and for me as gamer, 3 worthy games only is Ridiculous Money waster. I didn't buy PS4 because i like, but i have no choice.
PS3 for me was an Abbysmal, PS4 was also Another Abbysmal. I stop supporting Sony since PS3.
But don't worry. I still play PS2 & PS1 games. The last Sony machines that i still like to play.

Anti-Matter

Bunkerneath

The only reason I bought a Playstation 3 was because there was a rumour on FF7 being re-released on it, but it was just a techinal demo of the opening FMV sequence.
I really hope they or someone makes a physical version of them to add to my collection. But I gave up on Final Fantasy after X, just didnt like the play style, expecially 12, but i can see how people who like Xenoblades would like it.

I feel sorry FF8 has been left out. Poor ole Squall and Zell

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

FullbringIchigo

well i alredy have them on PS4 but i am SO getting them on Switch too

i can't miss the ability to play some of my all time favourite Video Games on the go

although i hope they get physical editions AND that they sell well so Square will release FFI through VI and FFVIII on the system too

"I pity you. You just don't get it at all...there's not a thing I don't cherish!"

"Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!

Anti-Matter

@Zuljaras
No need.
One is enough.
You already knew about that.
When people asked me about that, i will explain it clearly.
Btw, could you please not bothering me with your cranky comments ?
I know you will never agree with my way of thinking, but that's me.
You will never able force me to follow what you said.

Anti-Matter

Zuljaras

@Anti-Matter Ok. At least learn to express yourself at the appropriate places.

No one cares about your hatred of the Sony console and here is clearly NOT the place to say things like that. If we can keep such matters off the threads (including my own comments here) it will be great.

If you do not like Sony products and the console you can state it in the Sony thread not in the FF thread.

I hope you can understand at least 10% of what I am typing here.

No one is forcing you to do anything. You are forcing yourself to follow some ideology and it is enough.
You are self centered enough to post about YOUR things in places they do NOT belong.

ieatdragonz

You only need to say it once? Alright then...

Sony's PS4 is one of the most impressive hardware and software consoles of all time. It is not one that started off the gate right away like a Nintendo 64, but it was able to retain an absolutely massive install-base. In a generation many analysts predicted would be the final and most finite. How did they do this? Pumping out the beautiful exclusives one after another as they continued the legacy that the PS2 has set, except this time, a majority accomplished by SONY itself.

...is he gone? Alright, time to actually talk Final Fantasy. To me, I don't need a physical release of games that are not full remasters. Crystal Chronicles not being in the states kinda blows, but I mean, I can handle it. Being a physical owner is to not be a slave to the digital, which could at any time lock you out. But, to deny a purchase of a game simply because of no physical, you become a slave in the opposite direction.

Also, holy hell, what is this Chocobo Dungeon? I absolutely adore PMD even with its faults, how have I've never heard about this??? I feel like I'm the only one excited about this one though lol

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Tibob

I think a I > VI collection would have been amazing too (ideally with optionnal remastered graphics), but I'm thrilled to finally discover FF7 !

As for carts, I'd rather have them fairly priced on the eshop than overpriced because also availables in stores.

Tibob

Anti-Matter

@ieatdragonz @Tibob
Well, some peoples can live with Digital download only.
But, for me as a Collector also, No Physical release = No buy, i mean where is my purchased items ?
I want Real Things.
Anyway, different peoples different opinions.

Anti-Matter

Tibob

@Anti-Matter
I get that.
To me collections are pointless : only games matter. And with Nintendo's practice of having people pay the same (often more) on the eshop when games also have a physical edition, I'm actually wishing it'll be eshop exclusive.

Tibob

Kaile

Great news. Especially since i only played ff vii from the ones they are releasing. And i will happily play it again. I would love to get physical versions but i will get all of them even if they are digital only

Kaile

MrGawain

Although I appreciate all these games coming to the Switch, I do question if announcing them all in one go for one year is sensible? I’ve thought a long time about replaying VII fo a while so the Switch will make it perfect, but the thought of four or five 80 hour RPG’s in a short space of time when so much other great stuff is coming next year makes me wonder if I’ll lose interest in the rest.

Isn't it obvious that Falco Lombardi is actually a parrot?

Anti-Matter

Okay.
About FF XII The Zodiac Age, FF X/X-2 HD & World of Final Fantasy PS4 version, i noticed something about their Save Data on HDD.
1. FF XII = 41 GB
2. FF X/X-2 = 32 GB
3. World of Final Fantasy = 8.8 GB

I mean, What the Heck of their Save Data size !!
41 GB for FF XII , why did it take so many GB ? FF XII PS2 version file size was almost 4.7 GB on DVD. What makes so many GB for PS4 version ?

Anti-Matter

GrailUK

@MrGawain If that's all you have to be concerned about, then life ain't that bad huh?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic