Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII

Posts 281 to 300 of 360

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfihs
Something strange about the display quality of FF IX between PS1 version and Remaster version.
On my Switch / smartphone monitor, the PS1 version looked natural even PS1 version = 240p output. It looked like displaying an NDS game on bigger TV.
While the Remastered version have very sharp 3D polygons for characters, the Background was looked a bit blurred, very contrast with the character. I was LOLed to see a smooth and very detailed characters walking on the blurry places.

Oh, btw. I still haven't bought FF IX switch version yet. I had compared from Youtube videos on my Switch. 😅

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

komodo182

I'm a big fan of FFIX. I still have my ps1 copy, my steam copy and my ps4 copy. Anything different about this version other than its portable?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6361-0099-3716

pitstain9

@komodo182 It's essentially a portable version of the steam rerelease (borders on both sides of the screen, cheats, auto battle and revamped character models). I'm not entirely sure about the rest of the game, I just reached the Outer Continent. It's a good port thus far, did not come across any bugs aside from one instance where I reloaded a quick save and the music didn't start playing until I got into a battle. Hopefully a fix would be issued.

pitstain9

komodo182

@pitstain9 Fair. So in my case, pick it up if it goes on sale since there is nothing different really. I don't really use the switch away from my tv, so portable doesn't matter much to me.

Anti-Matter

@komodo182
Steam version has some bugs, missing animation, missing sound effects, etc.
Keep your PS1 version for better result.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

komodo182

@Anti-Matter Thats the one I have played the most, followed by the ps4 versions since I like the trophy idea (mostly).

pitstain9

Understandable. Having FFIX on the go is bliss for me, especially during a break at uni. I own (and beat) the game on the Vita as well, but never got much out of its portability compared to the Switch.

Edited on by pitstain9

pitstain9

Dezzy

@komodo182

The updated character models are excellent and make the battles especially look so much nicer. (they also have more advanced texture filtering and anti-aliasing so all of the 3D stuff looks better):

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Morpheel

Hm... Whenever the game goes 3D (battles, field) there's this weird dream like hazy pacing to things.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's actually not very well optimized, it's most likely the framerate going at like Zelda 64 numbers.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ReaderRagfihs

@Delibheel Isn't that how it always was?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Morpheel

You'd expect it to improve in updated rereleases.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

ReaderRagfihs

Did they fix the loading times either?

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Morpheel

Each battle takes quite a bit to start.

It seems to get a bit better after the first battle in a certain environment.

Eh! My gameplay videos

BruceCM

Enjoyed playing IX again & looking forward to VII next month. Pre-ordered X/X2 & XII for April, as well....

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

In case anyone missed my comment in the Final Fantasy thread, it looks like there's a good chance FF7 remake is coming out this year.
So anyone who has a PS4 as well might wanna hold off buying this version.

Morpheel

Unless they want both versions because they'll probably be so different you might as well consider them different games

Eh! My gameplay videos

PikPi

yeah, honestly. Plus it's not like they'll be getting the full story this year, if they do manage to release it this year

PikPi

Dezzy

@Delibheel

Yes but they have made it quite clear they're not going to change the key plot points, so I mean in terms of general story spoilers, it might be better to just wait and experience them with modern graphics and production values.

I've deliberately avoided replaying the original game (which I used to do every few years) since the remake was announced because I want it to feel as new as possible.

Morpheel

Don't you think you will still remember the few important plot points anyway?

I mean, I played the game once years ago and I still remember most of it.

Edited on by Morpheel

Eh! My gameplay videos

Anti-Matter

I prefer FF VIII revived again in proper HD and with same sounds from PS1 version.

My Top 6 games :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic