Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 261 to 280 of 1,768

mack73

Anti-Matter wrote:

I prefer FF VIII revived again in proper HD and with same sounds from PS1 version.

This. I loved 8 (every so slightly more than 7). I wish it wouldn't keep getting skipped over

mack73

Dezzy

@Delibheel

7 was already 8-directional movement because it was released before the analog stick existed.

It's not a good game to control in 2019 at all.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Dezzy

Lol I hated that. Made it feel too video-gamey, which runs counter to most other things in JRPGs.

Anyway FFX comes out April 16th. Please buy it, anyone who likes story-driven games. You won't regret it. I think it has the best love story in any video game.

Eel

I can accept some "video gaminess" in my video games when it means I won't waste an hour trying to find the exit in a blurry jpg.

As for future purchases, right now I only plan to get Chocobo dungeon.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@Dezzy The love story in Xenogears is probably the most well-written one I've encountered.

And, if we're going the cheesy yet endearing JRPG romance route, I've yet to see anything top the first two Lunar games in that regard.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@Ralizah

I never made it through Xenogears. I do have it on my modded Vita though so will play at some point.

And I didn't know there were 2 Lunar games. Which is the one on the PSP?

Delibheel wrote:

I can accept some "video gaminess" in my video games

Depends on the genre for me. JRPGs feel more like stories than games. Ergo less gameyness plz.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

@Dezzy So, originally, the first two Lunar games released on the Sega CD as "Lunar: The Silver Star" and "Lunar: Eternal Blue." They were eventually remade for the PS1 as "Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete" and "Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete." The one on the PSP, "Lunar: Silver Star Harmony," is yet another remake of Lunar: The Silver Star. It's terrible, though: it mixed up the presentation of the story in weird ways, excessively streamlined the dungeons, and replaced the gorgeous pixel art of the PS1 games with that ugly and generic visual style common to PSP games at the time.

Lunar 2 is the one that really knocked it out of the park in terms of building up an enchanting central romance between main characters. I mean, it's not hugely deep or anything, but it stirs the heart-strings. The first one's love story is a bit stereotypical, but still cute. Although the best romance in the first game isn't the central one.

If you can, nab the PS1 games and ignore the PSP one completely. It doesn't do the first game justice. And, for god's sake, never go near the Lunar game on the Nintendo DS.

But, anyway, the central romantic storyline in Xenogears is deeply connected to the plot of the game, is mature, and utterly epic in scope. I think you'll really dig it if you ever get around to playing it.

Man, PS1 games were the best. So many legendary JRPGs. Now we're lucky to get a handful of decent ones across multiple systems.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Dezzy

@Ralizah

I hated the PSP version for a really silly reason. It stopped and restarted the music every time you transitioned between different screens in the world.

Edited on by Dezzy

Buizel

@Dezzy very tempted to get FFX... But shocked to see it for £45 on the eshop! I was expecting, and willing to reluctantly accept, £30. Seems I'll be getting FFXII instead (same price, but I've not played that one!)

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

TuVictus

I want it just for the novelty of my favorite FF game being portable. I just really wanna know when Crystal Chronicles HD comes out.

TuVictus

SwitchForce

CurryPowderKeg79 wrote:

It's just been announced officially that Final Fantasy X/X-2 Hd will be released on ONE cart not two for those who are importing or live in Asia.

So does the Japan version have both on one as well? I got that news from PA as well.

SwitchForce

Geobros

Does anyone understand how the autosave works in Final Fantasy IX? I died in a boss battle and I restarted from the entrance of the battle field but I didn't understand when the game saved itself.

Geobros

My Nintendo: Geobros

BruceCM

@Geobros, I think it saves whenever you enter new areas.... Probably also after battles, too, since that's how it usually works

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Geobros

BruceCM wrote:

@Geobros, I think it saves whenever you enter new areas.... Probably also after battles, too, since that's how it usually works

Cool....I would prefer the traditional way though, to be honest. I would prefer to be the "master" of saves

Geobros

BruceCM

Personally, I still saved with every moogle, as well as every time I left a dungeon/town, etc & whenever got to 1 Then, if wanted, I could load the manual save instead ....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

SwitchForce

Anti-Matter wrote:

@CurryPowderKeg79
So, that means FF X/X-2 Asia version use 32 GB cartridge ?

What about the Amazon Japan Enix version is that still also one game and 2nd download?

SwitchForce

Bunkerneath

@BruceCM @Geobros I use just my moogle saves, except when i really suck at triple triad. I kinda cheat there and reset the game, continue spits you out from the last doorway/screen you came from

I AM ERROR

Switch Friend Code: SW-5538-4050-1819 | 3DS Friend Code: 1633-4650-1215 | My Nintendo: Bunkerneath | Nintendo Network ID: Bunkerneat | Twitter:

Geobros

SwitchForce wrote:

Anti-Matter wrote:

@CurryPowderKeg79
So, that means FF X/X-2 Asia version use 32 GB cartridge ?

What about the Amazon Japan Enix version is that still also one game and 2nd download?

Yes it will be one cartridge. Virtuos said in an interview on Nintendolife that they tried to convert the game in a cartridge of 32GB.
https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2019/01/feature_how_virtuos_...

Also, the Japanese Amazon has not a box art with the note of a downloadable content. So it will be in one cartridge.
https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%82%A4%E3%83%8A...

Geobros

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic