Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 241 to 260 of 1,768

pitstain9

Understandable. Having FFIX on the go is bliss for me, especially during a break at uni. I own (and beat) the game on the Vita as well, but never got much out of its portability compared to the Switch.

Edited on by pitstain9

pitstain9

Dezzy

@komodo182

The updated character models are excellent and make the battles especially look so much nicer. (they also have more advanced texture filtering and anti-aliasing so all of the 3D stuff looks better):

Untitled

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

Hm... Whenever the game goes 3D (battles, field) there's this weird dream like hazy pacing to things.

I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's actually not very well optimized, it's most likely the framerate going at like Zelda 64 numbers.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

Each battle takes quite a bit to start.

It seems to get a bit better after the first battle in a certain environment.

Bloop.

BruceCM

Enjoyed playing IX again & looking forward to VII next month. Pre-ordered X/X2 & XII for April, as well....

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Dezzy

In case anyone missed my comment in the Final Fantasy thread, it looks like there's a good chance FF7 remake is coming out this year.
So anyone who has a PS4 as well might wanna hold off buying this version.

Eel

Unless they want both versions because they'll probably be so different you might as well consider them different games

Bloop.

TuVictus

yeah, honestly. Plus it's not like they'll be getting the full story this year, if they do manage to release it this year

TuVictus

Dezzy

@Delibheel

Yes but they have made it quite clear they're not going to change the key plot points, so I mean in terms of general story spoilers, it might be better to just wait and experience them with modern graphics and production values.

I've deliberately avoided replaying the original game (which I used to do every few years) since the remake was announced because I want it to feel as new as possible.

Eel

Don't you think you will still remember the few important plot points anyway?

I mean, I played the game once years ago and I still remember most of it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Anti-Matter

I prefer FF VIII revived again in proper HD and with same sounds from PS1 version.

Anti-Matter

Dezzy

@Delibheel

Yes but I meant the major plot points will be surprises for people who've never played it at all.

Someone who's played it 10 times like me, obviously can't avoid that. The best I can do is just forget some of the details in the hope that more of it feels new in the remake. It has been about 5 years since I played it. So if you were to ask me specific questions like what exactly was Professor Gast's role in the story, I can't really remember. Or what was the reason for Dyne's beef with Barret. Can't remember really.

I could probably figure those things out by retracing the story in my mind, but it's easy enough to just not do that.

Edited on by Dezzy

Ralizah

So apparently the music restarting bug is still present in the Switch version of FFIX?

Glad I stuck with my PS1 version. How is this still a thing that hasn't been addressed by a patch or something?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Roamer

Having seen the degraded environmental graphics on YouTube and the loading times I won’t be buying this on switch. I hope they make more effort with the other FF ports!

Switch: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, Valkyria Chronicles, Shin Megami Tensei
PC: Farming Simulator 22

Dezzy

@Ralizah

They apparently still use 8-directional controls that they added for the cellphone version. Whereas the PS1 version is full analog. Lazy porting basically.

Eel

Yeah it definitely doesn't feel like full analog movement. I enjoy the built in cheats, but I'm overall not super impressed with this version.

I don't expect the upcoming release of 7 to be any better either, so I'll be skipping that one.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Ralizah

@Dezzy Yuck. What a pity for people without a PS1. This is no way to treat a legendary and beloved JRPG.

@Roamer FFX, X-2, and XII should be fine, considering those are based on really good PS4 ports.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

I know there exists mods for the PC versions to make them better, and I already own them on PC so I'll just look into modding my games for it.

Hopefully I can put in analog movement and fix that music bug.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic