Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,142

Trajan

@Anti-Matter Games only get a SD card required of they exceed the 25 or so GB of free space on the Switch already.

So FF7 for switch is legit just the PS1 version? I was thinking we were getting the remake?

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Anti-Matter

@Trajan
I think we will get FF VII from IOs / Android version for Switch (Enhanced graphics but still crappy 3D textures)

I assume FF X/X-2 Switch version will be fit enough in 16 GB size cartridge by assume the PS3 version = 23 GB so the Switch version could be 12 - 13 GB in one cartridge.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

FFX-2 is kind of universally panned...

I'm pretty sure it was reviewed well enough at launch before being blasted non-stop for years afterwards, only to eventually get a cult following.

I don't actually know if what I just said is true, but it's a game in a popular series that people hate on so it's a really safe assumption.

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Grumblevolcano

@Trajan We're getting some port of the PS1 version. Whether that's the iOS/Android version or the PC version that came to PS4, don't know.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
FF X-2 in my opinion was like 2 Edged blade.
Good thing = Hilarious storyline yet entertaining, some fanservice / fancy from Job change animations.
Bad thing = Storyline itself, like Final Fantasy Charlie's Angels Slumber Party edition. 😆
Also, some copy paste abilities on certain jobs and NO weapon upgrade.

I prefer FF X-2 to FF X due to "Slumber Party" vibes that i felt from Yuna Rikku Paine's journey as Sphere hunters. It felt like they want to have fun from doing their job as Sphere hunters with some Pop vibes, fanciness and Girlie things on RPG game. That's why i still consider FF X-2 despite of its Hilarious Ouch storyline quality.

My Top 6 games :

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
It’s been panned as long as I can remember.

I’ve played it myself, though not to completion.

Tidus isn’t in the game, and it’s more like Dragon Quest Monsters than Final Fantasy. Kinda reminds me of the sequel to Tales of Symphonia. Just a drastic departure from the previous game, story isn’t that good, recruit monsters for your party instead of actual characters...

There’s a good reason the game is panned. It was decently enjoyable enough for me but there was nothing special about it aside from having a few characters I grew attached to in the previous game. Had I just played FFX-2, I wouldn’t have cared about it at all. In truth you are somewhat right, it’s not that it’s a horrible game. But its predecessor is one of the best JRPGs of all time. While it’s just an average, decently good game, albeit completely different and without the main character everyone grew to love.

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

DarthNocturnal

I read that the International version (which should be in this collection) was far better received by those who could play it (Japan and importers).

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Anti-Matter

@CurryPowderKeg79
About FF X/X-2 Switch, i have crosschecked from playasia to make sure the games are in physical release for both of them, because when i read the description of PS Vita version, it has been described if FF X-2 PS vita version = digital download. I found nothing about Micro SD card and Internet download requirement for FF X/X-2 Switch version, so i assume both of them are released in Physical media without digital code for X-2.

My Top 6 games :

Grumblevolcano

@Anti-Matter It may be that it's only download code for X-2 for outside Japan meanwhile Japan gets physical for both games. That's happened before with collections.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Silly_G

@Grumblevolcano : That has only ever happened twice, one being the Rock Man (Mega Man) X Anniversary Collection, where it was available as three separate SKUs, one for each of the two parts of the collection, and a "complete" set with only the first part on cartridge, and the second as a download code. I bought the two separate releases. Mega Man, Resident Evil, Bayonetta 2 and any other collection, from memory, have been released with only one game on the cartridge and the other(s) requiring a download. Bayonetta 1 is the only other example, however, and that was only ever available in extremely limited quantities via the Japan-only Non-Stop Climax Edition box set and was never made available separately.

Capcom could have just issued Mega Man X as ONE SKU with both collections on a single 16GB cartridge. Surely that would have been cheaper than issuing three different SKUs fighting for shelf space. Worse, still, is that the first Mega Man collection could have shipped with both parts on a single 4GB cartridge!!!! Ubisoft has released multiple games on a single cartridge before (where the cartridge spawns multiple icons, one for each game), including Wheel of Fortune/Jeopardy and Hasbro Game Night (Monopoly/Risk/Trivial Pursuit Live), and they also have an upcoming double pack featuring Child of Light and another game. Capcom chooses to be contemptible and greedy.

It has been nearly TWO years since the release of the Switch, and judging by how ridiculously cheap 32GB flash drives are now (which are surely more expensive to produce than the ROM chips used in Switch cartridges) they should cost about the same as a 50GB Blu-ray disc by now, if not only slightly more (which is where the $10 Switch premium can be justified). Square Enix is also the only publisher to date to have released a retail game on a 32GB cartridge, so it is especially disappointing that they decide to cheap out now.

Edited on by Silly_G

Silly_G

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3134-0847 | Nintendo Network ID: sillygostly

Dezzy

JaxonH wrote:

FFX-2 is kind of universally panned... I don’t think too many care about having that one on cart.

That's definitely an exaggeration. It's like when people say everyone hates FF13. Well no, not that many people actually hate it. It's just that judging it relative to the rest of the series, it's rather lacking.

People grade a series on its own curve, so to speak. Like with Star Wars. The reason so many people say they hate the prequels (and now the sequels too) is not really because they're especially awful. It's just that they're a lot worse than the originals.

Very few games in the Final Fantasy series are actually bad. FF13 is pretty good, FFX-2 is pretty good, FF13-2 is pretty good, Crisis Core is pretty good. But none of them are in the same league as FF6, FF7, FF9, FF10 (the 4 games that come at the top of nearly every audience poll)

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Agriculture

Anti-Matter wrote:

The Switch version comes with Clean artwork, NO warning about download requirement nor FF X-2 = digital code, so i assume FF X/X-2 switch = FULL 2 games in one cartridge.

While I do think that artwork is the best among various boxes, the Switch's red color scheme clashes with so much box art. I wish they had gone with a more neutral color like black, gray or white.

Agriculture

Manah

X-2 wasn't terrible, the only thing I had issues with was constantly having to go through three sections of my strategy guide at once and still missing out on completion percentage somehow because people writing a linear book can only do so much with that mess. Will be fun to give it another try.

Anti-Matter

@DuskformLycanroc
Then, the USA version SHOULD be All physical.
My LAST hope. 😨

My Top 6 games :

JaxonH

@Dezzy
I don’t disagree with that. I like Final Fantasy XIII. And I don’t think FFX-2 is a bad game. But it’s a bad mainline FF game. Had it been a spin off like World of FF, it would probably be even more well received than that game was.

But it’s no exaggeration to say the game has been universally panned. It really has been. Almost anyone you ask who knows the series will tell you the same. It doesn’t mean it’s a downright horrible game but it does mean it’s been panned across the board. For obvious reasons mentioned previously.

Final Fantasy XIII games were initially panned, but recently have fallen into favor with more people, as many realize the games are actually fantastic. That never happened with X-2.

I’m not trying to discourage anyone from playing it. I think everyone should give it a try and come to their own conclusions. It’s all about the mindset you go into it with. If you play that game expecting a sequel on the level of Final Fantasy X, get ready for disappointment. If you play that game expecting a spinoff to Final Fantasy X, I think you’ll find there’s a lot to like.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Fire Emblem Three Houses, Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Vita: Super Monkey Ball: Banana Splitz

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

It’s been panned as long as I can remember.

85 on Metacritic.

JaxonH wrote:

without the main character everyone grew to love.

I can confirm this is deeply untrue as Titus is one of the worst, most punchable protagonists I've ever had the misfortune to deal with (at least in something universally well regarded and story focused), and almost the entire reason I never had much interest in going back to X.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Tyranexx

JaxonH wrote:

I’m not trying to discourage anyone from playing it. I think everyone should give it a try and come to their own conclusions. It’s all about the mindset you go into it with. If you play that game expecting a sequel on the level of Final Fantasy X, get ready for disappointment. If you play that game expecting a spinoff to Final Fantasy X, I think you’ll find there’s a lot to like.

Hmm...Thanks! As a FF newbie, I'll keep this in mind. I think having a non-spoiler idea of how things will be is why I think I liked Bravely Default more than some.

Video Corner: How SM3DW Actually Started (language)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest IV (DS), Yoshi's Island (SNES Classic)

Nintendo Network ID: Zelda_By_Night

Anti-Matter

@kkslider5552000
"I can confirm this is deeply untrue as Titus is one of the worst, most punchable protagonists I've ever had the misfortune to deal with (at least in something universally well regarded and story focused), and almost the entire reason I never had much interest in going back to X."

Titus ? 😛

My Top 6 games :

kkslider5552000

Anti-Matter wrote:

@kkslider5552000
"I can confirm this is deeply untrue as Titus is one of the worst, most punchable protagonists I've ever had the misfortune to deal with (at least in something universally well regarded and story focused), and almost the entire reason I never had much interest in going back to X."

Titus ? 😛

The fact that he has the same name as the developer of Superman 64 sums it up.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic