Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,361 to 1,380 of 1,768

rallydefault

@Dezzy
Do/don't, whatever, you get my point.

Games developed by much smaller devs/publishers have been postponed due to lack of content. Companies should show some spine and release finished products. The whole hobby would be better off.

Back to the FF XV situation and to conclude my thoughts: I think the whole movie and/or DLC thing to make the story/world/characters make sense is dumb, and it was the first FF that I didn't like (honestly- well... maybe VIII). A bummer for someone who loves to sink into a good FF game every few years.

rallydefault

NintendoByNature

So I've received white materia, made my way to the outskirts of midgar, defeated the "weapon"*( one of the easiest bosses I've faced yet for some reason). and I'm going to go into midgar to tackle sister Ray.

Based on the guide I'm loosely following from ign, I'm very near the end of the game from what i can tell. My party members are at level 54, 54, and 52. I am sure I'll level up a couple pts for each member by the time I get to the northern cave. What concerns me as i skimmed thru the guide Is that there's a point of no return. I don't want to get to a point where i can't beat the game if im under leveled. My assumption is I'll be somewhere around the high 50s by the time I make it to the cave and face off with the final big bad. Is that under leveled, or enough?
I'll ask the usual helpers @Dezzy @BruceCM

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

You can beat him at around your current level, @NintendoByNature, if you have the best materia & everything You will save just before the point of no return, right....? If you really want to tell us just what weapons, etc, you have?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

BruceCM

In all honesty, you'd have had to work hard to be under-levelled, @NintendoByNature.... That's the least of your potential problems in the upcoming boss fights
You should have most of the better weapons but probably not all of the best ones Which are the ones with plenty of materia slots, no longer the growth weapons or best attack

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

There's an awful lot of side-quests and secrets you might wanna find before you go to the final dungeon. Some of them are pretty awesome.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM yea i got quite a few of the later weapons but I barely use them if they don't have alot of slots. And I did a small amount of grinding so i should be a little over leveled I would think, but not much. @Dezzy I stumbled upon the underwater airplane that's one of the side quests. I got double cut. But didn't get the materia in the cargo area yet. I'm going back to that to try and get it. Regarding 1 side quest, I got the key to sector 5 back at the excavation site but I'm not sure it does anything when i get back into midgar. I got all the way back to dons place, but im uncertain if im supposed to do anything in sector 5.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

You can get Tifa's ultimate weapon in the item shop, @NintendoByNature .... That's by far the most important thing to do there! As I said, your levels are certainly fine (the bosses main attack reduces your hp to some small fraction, so....
As long as you have some of the better weapons, with lots of slots & other top equipment, those will be fine. I'd imagine you should then also have most of the materia? In that case, you should be good to go!

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM Thanks! I beat part 2 last night. I'll do some item gathering today and head to the final Dungeon. In the high 50s for all my party. I think ill be ok.

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@NintendoByNature

You should do the Ancient Forest before you go to the final dungeon. That's a cool area.

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy I think I've been there because of the main story No? I definitely did the ancient Temple, got the ancient key and what not. What is in the forest?

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

No, you'd have to have visited by a mountain chocobo, @NintendoByNature .... There's a few great items & awesome materia there!

SW-4357-9287-0699

Dezzy

@BruceCM

Best materia growing sword too.

BruceCM

Yeah, bit late for that for him, @Dezzy .... Some of the stuff there might still be useful, though!

SW-4357-9287-0699

TuVictus

Man the chocobo breeding in 7 is my favorite side quest activity in the franchise. It was exciting finally being able to breed the color you needed, and then being able to access the secret areas with ridiculous materia

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

@dezzy @BruceCM so 1 more question.. created the save point thankfully, head into the planet, and iron men constantly spawn. I watched a couple walkthroughs of other enemies spawning, but for some reason, that's all i ever have spawn in the planet and they're REALLY hard, at least for me. Is there an easy way to beat them? Spent a good chunk of time restarting from the save point.

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Wow, you shouldn't be getting loads of them, @NintendoByNature.... They are tough! Use your best magic and stuff on them Not really much else to suggest there.

SW-4357-9287-0699

NintendoByNature

@BruceCM lol dude that's ALL that's spawning, im Not even kidding. If im lucky 1 out of every 4 or 5 is the dude with 1 eye who has wings. I use up all my magic and still get rocked. I'm able to beat 2 when I'm lucky but I run into at least 3 or 4 each time

NintendoByNature

BruceCM

Well, I dunno what to suggest, @NintendoByNature. ... You have a save from before? That might be your best bet, if reloading the latest isn't working
Maybe actually close the game & stop it, then open up & reload?

SW-4357-9287-0699

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic