Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,768

Anti-Matter

@BruceCM
Those pesky Mandragora minions were sooo... frustrating.
Glad i have beat them long time ago on my FF XII TZA Switch.
Oh, better equip your team with Anti Sleep accessories since one of them can cast Sleep spell.

Anti-Matter

Zeldafan79

Guys quick question for ya. I wanna get the new FF VII remake but I'm worried that since this just had to be one of those games released as episodes only the first one may be released on PS4. If i buy it only to later find they put out a full collection on PS5 and the following episodes never release on PS4 i ain't gonna be happy.

Should i wait or have they already confirmed that all FF VII episodes will come to PS4? Did they ever say how many it will be? Still wish they hadn't gone the episodic route but whatever. Game still looks awesome!

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

BruceCM

They haven't said how many parts yet, @Zeldafan79 & while they say they hope the next one will be fairly soon, there isn't a date for that, let alone a timescale for the lot While it seems likely the rest of them would be playable on PS4. I don't think they've said anything about that, either. So, probably best to wait until that's all known

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Zeldafan79

Yeah since PS4 is on it's last legs i could see them never releasing the entire game on PS4 and at 60 bucks a game I'd feel like i bought that first one for nothing. Like i just paid for the demo.

"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" Optimus Prime

kkslider5552000

I really do hope VII R stays on PS4 the whole way. I mean for one...they don't need better graphics. And two, if Persona 5 could be on PS3, FFVII R can continue on PS4.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

BruceCM

As I say, that's certainly possible, @kkslider5552000 .... I'm waiting for the game to come to XBox &/or Steam & until the last part is scheduled, anyway, myself

SW-4357-9287-0699

kkslider5552000

I mean, its not a bad thing to wait for a game. Spoiler alert, this game will still be roughly as good as it is now when the entire FFVII R series is done.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Ralizah

Virtually the entire PS4 library will be compatible with the PS5. And the PS4 is still a wildly popular piece of hardware.

In that respect, I think it will take a LONG time for most third-parties to fully transition over to pure next-gen support. I think we'll see a ton of cross-gen releases. And the FFVII Remake series will likely be that way as well.

S-E has the engine. It works well on PS4. No reason they wouldn't develop these with PS4 specs in mind and then boost the performance/resolution/other visual effects for PS5 versions.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TuVictus

Just for consistency's sake I hope they don't do any improvements or any big changes as far as the looks of each part goes. In the end it'll be nice if it manages to form a single, mostly cohesive whole, rather than have it feel like three separate entities like the 13 trilogy

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Dezzy

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I mean, its not a bad thing to wait for a game. Spoiler alert, this game will still be roughly as good as it is now when the entire FFVII R series is done.

There's a good chance it'll look a lot better by then. There are a few areas in Remake with some really bad texturing, because they'd obviously pushed the PS4's memory capacity to its limits. I'm hoping with the inevitable PS5 and PC releases, they improve those areas with higher quality textures.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

rallydefault

Everything except Switch.

Probably even cell phones.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Dezzy

Having finished FF7 Remake, I'm actually less convinced now that it won't come to Switch. I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a port.
While the graphics are incredible in some places, it's also a very linear game, with very constrained environments (and a lot of loading between areas, that they hide with narrow tunnels).
I can't imagine it would be any harder to port than the Witcher 3. Or Dragon Quest XI. Especially given that it used Unreal Engine 4, which DQ11 also used, so they certainly have some experience of porting a high-end game to the Switch in that engine.

NintendoByNature

@Dezzy that would be awesome. I am trekkin through the original as you know, and I'm at the 2nd huge materia. So I have a pretty good chunk of the game down.

It completely caught me off guard with how much I'm enjoying it. With that said, I'm jealous of hearing everyone talk about the remake.

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

@Dezzy
I still thinking FF VIII and FF IX are far better than FF VII or the Remake.
FF VII was soooo.... Overrated.

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

@Dezzy
I can see it if they seriously sacrifice on the character models. Take out shadows, dynamic lighting, water effects - the typical culprits that tax a gpu. Scale resolution down by a good integer.

I mean, crazy things can be done. Have you guys ever checked out some of the YouTube guys who basically make if their mission to run PC games with the lowest possible settings? Witch III is one they've done some funny stuff with. Almost any game can be tweaked to run on a toaster, it just depends if you can still communicate that game to the player with such graphical sacrifice.

rallydefault

BruceCM

Huh, they'll probably do something like FFVII R Pocket Edition for Smartphones & then Switch ....

SW-4357-9287-0699

TuVictus

I cutesie version of FF7R in the same vein as FF15 pocket edition would be pretty cool. They could also definitely manage the regular game itself, with the usual drawbacks. But I'm sure most people would be able to overlook them to have the game portably. It's still kinda surreal playing FF7-12 on my Switch recently, where they used to only be on Playstation and always require the TV. Though I guess FF3 and 4 on the DS were similar.

TuVictus

rallydefault

Don't know if this came up earlier in the thread, but anybody else try FF XV and just couldn't get into it?

I mean, I REALLY tried. I put at least 10 hours in, got a good bit of main story and side quests in equal measure. And it's not really hate for the combat. I thought the combat was pretty good, actually. I just couldn't stand the characters or the world. None of the aesthetics were clicking with me.

I would describe the whole game as... a mix. Like, everything in it: combat, world, characters. Everything was a mix, and so for me nothing felt solid? Don't know if that makes sense. Just kind of lost the will to keep playing it.

rallydefault

Dezzy

@rallydefault

You talking about the full game or the mobile version?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic