Forums

Topic: Final Fantasy VII, IX, X, X-2 and XII - Now with 80% more FF VIII

Posts 1 to 20 of 1,768

Dezzy

Maybe makes sense to put these in just 1 thread given that they're all old games?

This was the biggest surprise of the Direct for me. I've already played 7,9 and 10 about 10 times each so not fussed about those, although it's good for newcomers given that they're 3 of the best games ever made. This will be the only way of playing FF12 on a portable though. So that's cool.

Edited on by Eel

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

@Dezzy It's alright, but the lack of spacing bothers me

Octane

Agriculture

If they release Fallout New Vegas also I could finally throw out my original giant PS3. I'm going to re-buy FFX, and I'm going to buy FF12 for the first time.

Agriculture

cheetahman91

Why skip VIII? That’s the only PSX FF I still need to get. Glad to see XII coming though. I’ll probably get it at some point.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

uximal

I am still so excited by this...... best news in the direct for me.. thanks SE & Nintendo, I can now forgive them for the FF15 pocket edition

3ds | 4983-5921-3975 | Thiori. jr

Switch | SW-8120-4957-2416 | uximal

Xyphon22

I've never been a big fan of Final Fantasy, but I will probably pick up VII just because I have heard so much about it and it's so iconic. Then if I actually like it I will think about others.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Dezzy

@Xyphon22

Unfortunately of all of these games, FF7 has aged the worst by far. Graphically and in terms of things like awkward controls (it was released before the analog stick)
FF9 is the best one to start with. It's aged perfectly, it's a simpler game for newcomers to the series, and it's generally seen as one of the best (it has the highest metacritic of any game in the series at 94%)

Edited on by Dezzy

FaeKnight

It's still a great game though. FF 12 though... Not that excited about that one. The story's great. Gameplay on the other hand... Well, the final boss fight took me an hour. During the entire fight I only touched the controller once, and that was just long enough to switch party members after a party wipe so I could revive the dead members. Afterwords I put the controller back down and continued watching as my AI controlled party beat up the final boss using the gambit setup I had made.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Dezzy

@ReaderRagfish

The recent version of FF9 has an additional battle speed option so that issue has been fixed.

Heavyarms55

I will probably buy all of these. When I have time to play them is anyone's guess. XD

@Agriculture The origianl that's backwards compatible with PS2 games? If you're gonna throw it out, send it to me!

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

dimi

Most people prefer traditional FF but Zodiac Age was something different...never played it but always wanted to...

And i was hoping for FF 13....give us some Lightning!

dimi

Dezzy

@FaeKnight

FF12 is another game that got the speed-up option. So those long fights that are heavily automated can be done a lot quicker. Easily the best new feature for the new version.

Grumblevolcano

So this leaves I to VI, VIII and XIII left in terms of excluding the MMORPGs.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

The first six may be part of the online service, VIII will probably have to wait until they make an "HD" remaster version of it for mobile, and XIII may come, may not. Who knows.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Magician

I have VII, IX, X, and X-2 on my PSP/Vita, so I have zero interest in those.*

*Unless there's a S-E online store exclusive physical version or something.

However, XII...I would love to have a portable version of, so I'm in.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Aozz101x

I was gonna get these for PS1 (7) and PS2 (10, 10-2). but instead i'll just wait for switch versions for these.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Agriculture

Heavyarms55 wrote:

I will probably buy all of these. When I have time to play them is anyone's guess. XD

@Agriculture The origianl that's backwards compatible with PS2 games? If you're gonna throw it out, send it to me!

Sadly no, the one right after, still giant, but plays only PS1 and PS3 games, but it could install Linux way back when, then Sony removed that function too through a software update.

Agriculture

Magician

Even though Nintendo and Square-Enix have been on good business terms for a while now, having the post-FFVI games on a Nintendo platform is awesome. It feels like coming home. You know? It feels right.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic