Forums

Topic: FIFA 19 (Switch)

Posts 101 to 120 of 130

Rich10

@Lroy Nice, same here. Let me know what you think about 'World Class' in relation to 18, when you do up the level.

@gcunit Vardy is only back-up to Bobby right now, but he's having a great run in the cups. Is Dimata a regen?

To be honest I find pace isn't as over-powered as it was in previous versions, I've yet to find a way to use Mane effectively so far. I much prefer how Shaqiri handles in the game, with his close control-at-pace, Vardy was a purchase mainly due to him being English; call me old fashioned but I do love a good English core in my teams, peppered with a few Worldie foreign signings.

Friend code: SW-2475-9405-1512

vyseofhr

Hi again everyone, like reading everyone’s stories, keep them coming.

I am playing as Wolves after I had a great game of FM Switch with them earlier this year - ended up winning the Prem in 2023 and still playing that file now.

I completed my first season in career mode on WC difficulty and finished fourth. I have taken the approach of trying to recreate ( as close as possible - obviously the regens are impossible) my PL winning Wolves side in FIFA. It’s great fun.

First season I signed Dan-Axel Zagadou from Dortmund, Ryan Sessegnon from Fulham and Miguel Almiron from Atlanta in the MLS during the summer, sold a few bits of dead wood, and had a great start. All three, with some training, developed great guns with Zagadou going from 69-80 after one season, Sessegnon 75-82 and Almiron 80-85. I asked for more cash at Christmas and added Andre Horta and Giovanni Simeone in January, and then battled to a 4th spot in the league.

Over the summer I added further players from my FM file Moussa Dembele (Lyon), Caglar Söyuncü (Leicester), Pione Sisto (Celta Vigo) and Charly Musonda (Chelsea) for an assault on the title. I also have a pair of Swedish 87-93 potential kids in the academy ripening for introduction to the squad later in the season.

I’ve found it tougher with the CL this season to keep a good balance, squad tiredness has become an issue for the first time along with some slightly odd scheduling (Sunday - Tuesday - Friday fixtures) issues. I got spanked by Real Madrid and beaten at home by Roma in the groups and so my progression is hanging in the balance, as well as currently sitting in 6th in the League.

It’s been great fun trying to recreate my FM team though and there are a few outstanding targets left to get before I’ll start rebuilding the squad again going over to academy players. It would be awesome if you could ‘save’ a career mode squad for posterity to use in Kick-Off mode.

vyseofhr

Twitter:

toiletduck

vyseofhr wrote:

I’ve found it tougher with the CL this season to keep a good balance, squad tiredness has become an issue for the first time along with some slightly odd scheduling (Sunday - Tuesday - Friday fixtures) issues.

Yeah that happens a lot when you play the English leagues. A big competition, 2 cups and European qualification make it that you often have 3 matches within the week. Therefore I really liked the addition of the 3rd league in Germany as of FIFA '18: the joy of building a small team up from the ground but a little less of the annoyances of an overly crowded schedule.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

SuperJoon

Just wondering how this game was? Is there much difference to last year? Does it feel like a reskin or is there noticeable differences?

PSN: SuperJoon84 | Xbox GT: SuperJoon

Nintendo Network ID: Superjoon | Twitter:

gcunit

All I know is, Mario Kart 7 on 3DSoutsold the Switch version last week in the UK.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

toiletduck

@gcunit Ehm... Are you hacked...?

toiletduck

gcunit

@toiletduck Eh? How very dare you!

Untitled

Lroy

@SuperJoon I think it is a subtle but not insubstantial upgrade over FIFA ‘18 in that the game just feels far better to play. It also has improved graphics and broadcast overlays. The big addition of course was the online against friends multiplayer but personally, I think the refinement to the custom game engine on Switch is actually the most impressive addition to this year’s game. I’m approaching 100 hrs on FIFA ‘19 now (put 300 hrs plus into FIFA ‘18) and for me ‘19 is the better playing football game of the two by an ever increasing margin. The more I play it, the better I think it is. But that said, I felt ‘18 was still a very good football game.

I just wish EA would introduce a lot of the newer elements in the Career Mode that are present on the big boy console versions and the PC version. Owners of PC, XBOX and PS have been heavily critical of EA and how they feel the Career Mode has been long neglected. Well, the Switch version is even a number of year’s behind the experience offered on those platforms.

Anyway, back to my MK DONS road to glory save file. Have won League Two and the Checkatrade Trophy and then won League One and lost to Man Utd in the Carabao Cup Final. Currently sitting atop of the Championship with a healthy 12 point lead. About to play Man Utd in the 5th Round of the FA Cup. Limitations or not, I still find Career Mode so addictive. Not least because it is a perfect pick up and play a few games experience that suits my fragmented game time.

If you own one of the other platforms probably best to pick the game up there. However, if you want a football game that can be portable, FIFA ‘19 is possibly the single greatest football game ever released.

I’ll continue to support the Switch FIFA team within EA (based in Romania I believe?) and buy each yearly iteration as I feel they have made a brilliant start and I really want them to continue to improve the game each edition and keep releasing them on this Nintendo platform.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

SuperJoon

@Lroy Ah cheers for that. Don't have it on another platform so this might be an option when I get my Switch.

vyseofhr

@SuperJoon

Yep, I count myself another satisfied customer, for pretty much the reasons above. Don’t go in expecting the blustering presentation of the twins’ versions, but FIFA plays a good game of football, is content-rich and you can play it anywhere. It’s a much better game than it’s given credit for IMO.

vyseofhr

Twitter:

toiletduck

@gcunit I can't see your picture so I'm not sure what you're trying to say here. I just found it a bit weird that you were starting to discuss MK7. I probably just didn't get the joke though

toiletduck

gcunit

@toiletduck My earlier post was just an impulsive joke as I saw that this thread was near the top of the board with new posts, and I'd earlier seen the latest UK chart and that MK7 had outsold FIFA19 (Switch), so just dropped the fact in as a response to SuperJoon because I have nothing else to contribute as I haven't played 19 yet.

The picture I posted was the weekly UK chart, t'is all.

I shall now find the nearest dual carriageway to walk blindfolded across.

toiletduck

@gcunit Ah now I see I read your post wrong:

gcunit wrote:

All I know is, Mario Kart 7 on 3DSoutsold the Switch version last week in the UK.

I read Mario Kart 7 on 3DSoutsold the Switch version of Mario Kart last week instead of Mario Kart 7 on 3DSoutsold the Switch version FIFA 19 last week.

toiletduck

Lroy

@SuperJoon What Switch system number you up to now? Vaguely recall you’ve already bought and replaced two?

Lroy

@SuperJoon What happened again? Did one break or become faulty? The other you gave away or something? What I’m asking is are you about to buy a Switch for the third time?

SuperJoon

Yeah first one faulty, second one I sold on for various reasons that were going on in my life at that time.

Looking to get one for my Birthday

Lroy

@SuperJoon Well, good luck to you buddy. Hopefully, third time will prove a charm.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.