Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 581 to 600 of 645

CaPPa

I've had no problems with the update.

My only gripe is that it doesn't have the correct squads, at least not for England.

CaPPa

Lroy

@Curlybobs @zbiku So is the problem only with the online modes of FIFA 18? I haven't touched the online multiplayer before or since the WC Update.

In theory then, could I just carry on playing my single player Manager Mode without fear of corruption to my profile or save?

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Zkibu

@Lroy I haven't tried online after the update. The game crashes when I try to get in game against the cpu

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Lroy

Zkibu wrote:

@Lroy I haven't tried online after the update. The game crashes when I try to get in game against the cpu

In your career Save File?

Zkibu

@Lroy yeah. When I am trying to start the match it sends some error message and boots back to the Switch main menu

Zkibu

CaPPa

England won the World Cup!
Group
Tunisia 1-0
Panama 2-1
Belgium 0-1
Finals
Columbia 2-0
Germany 1-0
Argentina 3-1
Belgium 0-0 (3-2 on penalties)
Top scorer - Kane (6 goals)

If only the real thing would go like that.

CaPPa

Lroy

I played my career for a good few hrs both yesterday and the day before. All has been well and I've even started winning with my new big club. So thankfully my Manager Mode seems unaffected so far. touch wood

OorWullie

Just played a custom World Cup with the mighty Scotland and to the surprise of no one they crashed out in the group stage.As is often the case though it was a glorious failure.

Scotland 0 v 0 Poland
Scotland 0 v 0 Nigeria
Scotland 0 v 0 Colombia

No goals ,3 red cards,lots of heart and even more huffing and puffing.

Poland were there for the taking,other than a single chance from Blaszykowski they done absolutely nothing. To be fair neither did Scotland really but we done more and missed 2 really great chances. This was the match our players will look back on with regret.

Nigeria were dangerous and created several chances but their finishing was poor. Scotland were lucky to still be in the match come half time. Then disaster struck ,our defender Berra received 2 quick-fire yellows and off he went. The promising McKenna who has just signed for Norwich from Aberdeen after a brilliant season was given his big chance. Keep us in the match young man and that he did with a brilliant performance,breaking down several Nigeria attacks. Scotland battled heroicly and came so close to snatching a winner with McGregor firing just wide of the post in the dying minutes. Overall ,Scotland can be happy with the point picked up.

So after 2 rounds of matches in group C Scotland lay 3rd ,level on points with Poland but behind them on goals scored. Colombia topped the group on 5 points but knew a defeat to Scotland coupled with a Polish win could see then crash out on goal difference. Scotland knew what they had to do,win! 3 points would lift them above Colombia on head to head and guarantee a place in the last 16

What a match it turned out to be. Plenty of chances for both sides and lots of drama. Scotland missed 2 glorious chances ,with Callum McGregor having his Gazza Euro 96 v Germany moment. "If only his leg was an inch longer". Then disaster struck again ,right at the start of the 2nd half defender Paterson gets himself deservedly sent off with a rash tackle,idiot! . With Berra suspended there was no choice but to switch to 3 at the back and drastically alter the shape of the team. It was going to be a tough 45 minutes as it was then things went from bad to worse.Right back Tierney carelessly picks up a 2nd yellow leaving Scotland with 2 defenders on the pitch and no subs left to make.

The rest of the half was spent under the cosh big time but somehow Scotland hung on and then came their big moment. With the 90 already up ,a cleared ball from defence fell kindly to Griffith's putting him in a 1v1 with a Colombian defender. He's beats his man brilliantly and races towards goal. Coming in at a good angle with the just the keeper to beat,images of being the man who put Scotland into the knockout stages for the first time in their history raced through his mind.He imagined the heroes welcome at Glasgow Airport ,the re-runs of his goal on Hogmanay TV,the goal Scottish kids would be recreating in playgrounds all over the country. This was his chance to become a legend! He fired his shot, connecting with it sweetly and beating the keeper,as the ball travelled towards the goal in what seemed like slow motion ,5 million Scots were on their feet believing they had done it. Then the ball came back out off the inside of the post,keeper cleared it,ref blew whistle and that was that.Scotland were out!

Edited on by OorWullie

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Zkibu

@OorWullie Ally McCoist would have scored

Zkibu

Lroy

@OorWullie Ha! Ha! Brilliant write-up. That was class. So agonisingly close. I seem to hit the post in every other game if not more in FIFA 18.

Gameplay_Matters

CaPPa wrote:

My only gripe is that it doesn't have the correct squads, at least not for England.

Same for Germany. I hope they will update the roster before the first game!

Gameplay_Matters

Stocksy

@CaPPa This! default squads should be 23 - and they should be correct and we should be able to pick our own squads from the player database... warm up games would be nice... or even better full road to the world cup...

Stocksy

Lroy

So a belated Manager Mode update on how things have gone with me. Think the last time I posted about this I was mounting a Premiership title challenge with Northampton Town. Having finished 5th the two previous seasons in the top flight following two back-to-back promotions as runners-up in the Championship and League One.

Well, long story kind of short, the bloody snow (cannot play in the snow in this game) saw an end to our first season in the Champions League. Lost 1-0 on aggregate to Barcelona in the last sixteen. Despite them being reduced to ten men in one of the games.

As for the league title challenge, we gave it everything. I'd slowly but surely built a proper team made up of original Northampton players, exciting new signings and plenty of Youth Academy talent. We were more than able to hold our own with anyone in the division, giving 100% every game and adaptable in formation.

We hammered some of the lower placed teams like West Ham (4-0), Crystal Palace (6-0) whilst also upsetting the big boys like Liverpool (3-1).

We led the table by some margin (8 points) for much of the first half of the season but poor form over the Winter period and too many drawn games allowed Spurs and the likes of Manchester City to close the gap on us. Spurs went ahead on goal difference at the top of the table at the half-way mark. Which then saw a tussle between Spurs, us and Man City develop over the second half of the season. We often managed to lead but any points advantage we soon gave away due to dropping points in games we should of won.

With only 8 games to go and the business end of the season well and truly upon us, we were neck and neck with Spurs both on 63 pts with Spurs ahead on goals scored only. Our goal difference overall was the same as we continued to have the best defensive record in the league.

We managed to secure a place in the FA Cup final for a second successive year by knocking out our league rivals Spurs 2-0. Very satisfying.

With only 3 games left, we were top of the table, equal on points (71) with late challengers Liverpool.

Spurs and Man Utd were close behind tied on 70 points each - although Spurs had a game in hand. Man City have fallen away in 5th on 67 points.

Jump forward a couple of games and with only one match left to play the standings were as follows:

1st) Spurs 79 points
2nd) Northampton 77 points
3rd) Liverpool 77 points
4th) Man Utd 73 points
5th) Man City 69 points

Cue the final matches of the season, we gave it our all and won but alas so did Spurs and this is how it ended.

1st) Spurs 82 points
2nd) Northampton 80 points
3rd) Liverpool 80 points
4th) Manchester Utd 76 points
5th) Arsenal 70 points

We had lost fewer games than any of our rivals, had the fewest goals conceded but we just drew too many games - 11 in total.

Gutted. But we had the consolation of an FA Cup Final against Manchester City who had fallen back to finish 6th in the League. Having lost in a previous FA Cup Final appearance to Man Utd, my Northampton side were determined to get their hands on the cup this time. We won 1-0 and celebrations were had albeit if we came so close to an astonishing League and FA Cup double.

Then things took an unexpected turn... immediately after the Cup Final win I got the biggest job offer I'd yet had in my career.

Manchester City had come knocking. They offered me a huge salary and had Β£200 million in transfer and wage budget. After some soul searching, I decided to take the job.

It was with a heavy heart I left. Having won promotions and trophies with Northampton Town: including an EFL Trophy, League Cup, FA Cup, Europa League Cup and the Copa Europe (aka European Super Cup).

But I felt I'd taken the club as far as I could. I had established them as a Premiership side, won Silverware and built a young and promising squad.

I'll leave it here for now and update you on my progress in my new role soon. Let's just say things got off to an unexpected and rather bizarre start...

Edited on by Lroy

JayJ

Did they fix the patch?

JayJ

Mr_Humpf

@Lroy It's not mentioned in the article...

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Lroy

@RETRO_J Great updates. Will post my own soon. About two thirds into my 6th season in this Manager Mode Save (Professional). First season in charge of Man City. By pure coincidence I actually already have that French Keeper you recommended Lafront? As my number 1. Bought him to replace the aging Joe Hart. And I have the youth versatile attacking midfielder who is a default City player still in my squad.

Anyway, fantastic to hear from you on your progress. If you can remember, love to hear what you achieved each season. E.g. Season 1 (Promotion as Champions), Season 2 (League Cup). Just to get a sense of how many seasons in you are and what your Silverware haul is to date.

Edited on by Lroy

cambotero

JayJ wrote:

Did they fix the patch?

I still playing without applying the World Cup patch, I don't want to risk my saves...
Does any body know if the problem with the update is fixed?

cambotero

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.