Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 561 to 580 of 645

gcunit

During the course of last season I built up transfer funds of about 28 million, a combination of prize money and player sales. So having qualified for the Champions League, I was hoping for a big extra slice from the board for the new season to give me about 75 million to bring in 3 quality players.

They took my 28 million and gave me 19 million instead. So I went to the board and asked for 50 million. Nope. 40 million. Nope. 30 million. Nope. Sorry, you've now used up all your requests for this window.

Fuming.

And then I got an unexpected offer for Zaha for around 30 million. I suggested 50 million and the interested club walked away from it. Then the same thing happened, but this time it was Bayern Munich, which I didn't pay attention to, and they agreed to my 50 million, and once that happens, the selling club doesn't get a chance to back out of the deal, which I forgot.

So Zaha is gone. He was my best player, but I wasn't getting the best out of him. I'd prefer to still have him though.

And I've found it really difficult to spend that 70 million well. I've brought in some new Centre Backs, both only 20/21, so they should develop well, but their current ratings aren't much different to my existing defenders. And the bloke I brought in to fill Zaha's spot on the right wing is only rated 72 overall (Zaha is about 85 I think).

Anyone who's of the quality I'm looking for to actually develop my squad into a leading side seems to cost too much.

I shoulda kept Zaha

In my depression, I took the England job. Like in Football Manager though, I can't actually be bothered to do the job, so I just simulated my first two games without looking at the squad at all. Won them both though, so I must be doing something right.

And on the bright side, our first match of the season was the European Supercup final against Bayern Munich. And Zaha was only on the bench (he's such a loser). He came on and we dealt with him, winning the game 1-0.

@Lroy Are you purposefully withholding who you deserted the Cobblers for then?

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit Only til I get the chance to properly write up what a total mess I'm making of my new lofty position ☺️

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

Zkibu

Do you guys know that is it possible to play the Online versus matches with 4 players co-op? Last Saturday I invited some friends to play some Fifa and watch the UCL final and we tried make that work. Maybe we just missed a setting or something but the when we tried to add more players it would allow only two player co-op.

This is a huge bummer for us and might just kill the Fifa for me and my friends. I don't get why there is a possible restriction because we have played the NHL-series Online with 4 players for decade now on.

Zkibu

Switch Friend Code: SW-3139-0887-1010

Sakura7

Picked the game up yesterday from Argos in anticipation of the World Cup update. They are selling cheap at Β£22, but after my Octopath SE was cancelled due to incorrect pricing, got a Β£5 discount code so it cost me Β£17! Not particularly into football games but want to get into during WC. The amount of options bit overwhelming. First couple hours just finding my way round and creating a player - who's Egyptian (just cos I loved Assassins Creed Origins so much) who I've named Zander Flynn. Luckily EA have provided an awesome soundtrack in the menus, good enough to just chill out to on bus to work. Today is all about training / practice mode.

Sakura7

Njh100617

Hey everybody! Just picked up fifa 18 on the switch store (50% off!)- and ive been out of the loop on the series for a while. My question is, where do I start? I am thinking my career so I have just started, but I haven't played an entry in the series since fifa 12. I was very into 2k18 on switch this last year so I am excited to dive into this. Thank you to anyone who takes the time to answer!

Njh100617

OorWullie

@Njh100617 I'd recommend playing a few exhibition matches just to get a feel for the game again before diving into your career. You might get off to a bad start otherwise and come to regret the dropped points come the end of the season. Before each match there you can play a training routine,they're very handy for getting to grips with the game. When starting your career ,play a couple of preseason friendlies to get to your squad a little better and decide where you should strengthen. Then dive into the transfer market which runs until the end of August. By the time that comes around you will have played a good few matches and will know where you need to strengthen,so make the most of the transfer deadline day. I'm sure others will add some better tips than me. Good luck

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

@Njh100617 Start your career on a lower difficulty if you feel you need to - you can change it to a harder difficulty as you go but not lower the difficulty. I'd suggest Semi-Pro to start, by the end of the first season you'll likely be hankering to up it to Professional. Or do what I did, start two different Manager Mode save files. One with a club on Semi-Pro and another with a different club on Professional. Start playing the Semi-Pro one and once you feel you can hold your own against all opposition, move over to the Professional save and use everything you have learnt to have a strong first season despite the higher difficulty. I would also suggest picking a low league team as your first Manager's job.

Once you have found your feet, find the formation that works best for you, keep tweaking it by giving each player specific instructions in the customise formation options. Also adapt your tactics to suit your playing style. Move players positions eg. make your full backs, wing backs or move your wide strikers closer to the centre, push your central attacking midfield player higher, whatever. Just don't be afraid to experiment to find the system that works best for how you actually try and attack in the game. Then buy or most likely loan if managing a lower league team, the players to fit into that formation. Also, invest in Youth Scouts and sign anyone they find who has potential of 80 or over to your Youth Academy.

Let me know what club you pick and I'll start recommending some players you might be able to afford or get on loan.

Lroy

OorWullie wrote:

World Cup mode available NOW!

Christ! World Cup mode and STREET FIGHTER today and my Mrs. is hankering for a 'date night'. Not sure how I'm going to fit it all in, lol!

Lroy

Anyone having an issue as reported on the main site here with FIFA 18 since the World Cup update? My Switch auto-updated the game but now I'm reluctant to launch it in case it causes any issues for my Manager Mode safe file. Are people having crashes and it so, are they still able to play Manager Mode? I need my daily FIFA 18 Manager Mode fix πŸ˜‚

Zkibu

@Lroy I casually simulated the whole tournament and everything worked fine. Then tried to play a World cup friendly match and the game collapses. I suggest that you wait for the patch

Edited on by Zkibu

Zkibu

Lroy

@Zkibu I'm gonna see if my Manager Mode career still works. Fingers crossed.

Lroy

I booted FIFA and didn't touch the WC Update. My Manager Mode save worked perfectly πŸ‘Œ

Zkibu

@Lroy Nice! Think I am gonna lose my Valencia save unless they patch it good. EA at its finest. This is why we need a true a competitor for the Switch. Maybe Konami and PES.

Zkibu

OorWullie

I've played 2 tournaments now and haven't had any issues. I guess I just got lucky with it.Nightmare for those who haven't.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

Lroy

Zkibu wrote:

@Lroy Nice! Think I am gonna lose my Valencia save unless they patch it good. EA at its finest. This is why we need a true a competitor for the Switch. Maybe Konami and PES.

Why will your Manage Mode Save be affected? What's happening to your game then?

Zkibu

@Lroy I read (Reddit?) that if the crash occurs one should delete the personal settings. So I am guessing that will affect also my manager mode.

Zkibu

Gameplay_Matters

I did the update as I didn't mind risking previous save files. It's not like I actively play this game anyway. But it seems everything worked fine for me. I can play the World Cup just like I wanted.

I remember when playing on PS4, the game would give a suggestion for substitutions during time-outs. Like exchange Player A for Player B depending on their stamina or injury. You would just have to press X or whatever to confirm. I can't find this setting on Switch. Did they remove it? I thought it was very helpful for casual gaming as it meant you wouldn't have to keep an eye on the stamina bar, pause the game, go into the menu, select the player, etc... so tedious!

Gameplay_Matters

Lroy

@Zkibu Really? Crikey. Let's hope EA hurry up and patch a fix in then.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.