Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 541 to 560 of 645

gcunit

I ended up drawing that game 4-4 annoyingly, having felt on top when I'd paused it at 4-3.

The second leg did not disappoint. We went 2-0 down inside the first 20 minutes, but a Zaha penalty got us back in the tie, before we equalised with some incisive passing and finishing. We then spotted the keeper about to pass the ball short and nabbed the ball off the defender with the keeper out of position, finishing coolly into the empty net - 3-2 ahead on the night and finally ahead on aggregate, 30 minutes to play.

Our lead lasted 6 minutes before they scored and the tie swung back to Zenit on away goals.

Into the closing stages my boys looked tired, constantly losing possession with sloppy control. But with 4 minutes to go, my very first signing Jessie Lingard goes round the outside of the centre back and lashes home the winner. So we're into the final, against Napoli, who we beat a few weeks ago in the league, so we can already smell the silverware...

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Lroy

FIFA 18 is now reduced to £18 on the UK eShop and presumably elsewhere too. That is an incredible price. What a game. Still glued to Manager Mode. Will post a progress update in the near future. Been offered a HUGE job based off my achievements over the last 5 seasons with Northampton Town.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

JayJ

How is the physical version when it comes to space saving? I ask because it sure seems to cost a whole lot more.

JayJ

gcunit

Turned my Switch on last night with the intention of playing something different for once, probably Mario Kart.

FIFA was still 'playing' so I just had to go in and save wherever it was...

3.5 hours later "How tf is it half past one?"

Turns out playing 15 minutes halves really sucks you in

Snadertjuh

@gcunit It is! But it is also a game for me that I easily could ingore for months without missing it. I don't have that with BotW, SMO or MK8D.
Edit: and Stardew Valley (man what an addictive game).

Edited on by Snadertjuh

From Holland, SW-8284-9406-5119

Lroy

@JayJ All the game is on the cart I believe? I don't recall downloading anything outside of optional squad updates in game? I got it for £22 approx. £18 digital is the cheapest I have ever seen the game drop down to, to date. Obviously, the price of annual sports games decrease the closer we get to the next instalment but this actually works in favour of folks with a more casual interest in the series. If you don't envisage buying FIFA 19 (if it comes to Switch) on day 1, then £18 is an absolute steal for this game.

JammyTWOsugars

Lroy wrote:

FIFA 18 is now reduced to £18 on the UK eShop and presumably elsewhere too. That is an incredible price. What a game. Still glued to Manager Mode. Will post a progress update in the near future. Been offered a HUGE job based off my achievements over the last 5 seasons with Northampton Town.

Been playing this game all season on my Xbox One S. Just wondering with this price drop whether the portability aspect would be justification alone to repurchase. Hmm.

Can anyone shed some light on how this holds up to the xbox comparatibly? I know career mode ommits such features like the interactive frostbite powered transfer negotiation and the matchday graphics package.

Although from reading through this thread you guys are having a ton of fun.

Consoles: Nintendo Switch and New Nintendo 3ds

JayJ

@Lroy Thanks! I'm an American so our pricing seems to be worse for this game than it is for you guys, but thanks for the info. Good to know they managed to get the whole thing on the game card.

JayJ

Lroy

@JayJ Isn't the game on the same 66% discount on the North American store? Or similarly low priced physical on Amazon USA? Imagine it will go on sale in your region too from time to time.

AgentLA

@JammyTWOsugars

I too play on an Xbox one S and I’m wondering the same thing. Besides what you mentioned, I believe the gameplay is based on last years FIFA, which was slightly different. However, I’ve never played the Switch version.

Has anyone played both? Or the PS4 version & Switch?

Edited on by AgentLA

Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹
NL Arcade Community High-Score Pilot 🚀

Switch Friend Code: SW-7629-1891-6394 | My Nintendo: Frenchie | Nintendo Network ID: Agent721 | Twitter:

OorWullie

Karius WOW nightmare
Mane get in there
Bale WOW
Someone Karius out of here

What a final that was. Up until Salah got injured Liverpool were looking good. Karius has made 2 of the biggest blunders you'll ever see, especially the first. Gareth Bale though, unbelievable. They'll be showing that goal in 30 years. One of the all time greats. That's 2 of their recent 4 titles he's won them. The 2014 final against Atletico,he scored the goal that put them in front in extra time and totally changed the game. Ronaldo tried to look like the match winner by ripping his shirt off after scoring late penalty but Bale was the difference,as he was again today.

Interesting fact ,there were 5 ex Southampton players on the pitch with 2 of them scoring 3 of the 4 goals.

Van Dijk
Lovren
Lallana
Mane
Bale

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Lroy

@JayJ I would anticipate the game will go on sale at some point (probably already has in the past), often for a set limited time. Guess it is just a case of keeping your eyes and ears open.

gcunit

@OorWullie Yeh, very interesting final, mostly a tame, tight game, but punctuated by so many dramatic moments.

JayJ

@Lroy Yeah I will definitely be looking out for that. I imagine the price should drop by quite a lot by the time FIFA 19 is coming around, or if it doesn't I guess I can just get the new game instead.

JayJ

Lroy

@gcunit @oorwullie Just caught the highlights on ITV as had been out on long road trip all day visiting family. Said to the Mrs. Let's watch the Champions League Final and then the Championship Play-Off and you'll see the gulf in class... erm... the highlights probably only exasperated what looked like a largely dull and often scrappy match with astonishingly embarrassing school boy errors. Real shame it couldn't be an even contest what with these gifts to the opposition by Liverpool and their loss of Salah early on. What exactly was the problem with his shoulder, amazed they didn't at least try to pop it back in or tape it up. Thought he would at least try to carry on?

But yeah, Bale's goal was pure class. He is a great player. Too tired to even start the Championship Play-Off. Can wait for another day as it sounds as though the side I wanted to win, didn't 😉

Edited on by Lroy

OorWullie

@Lroy He tried to carry on but then slumped to the ground not long after. He was understandably devastated .Hopefully it's not serious as the World Cup will be worse off without him. Him going off gave Real the impetus to push forward as before that they were defending deeply,rightly fearing Liverpool's front 3.Mane had a great game and was unlucky not to make it 2v2 after hitting the post right after the Bale stunner. I thoroughly enjoyed the game ,the 2nd half was full of drama. I have to say ,as a Scotsman Robertson played a blinder. His tackle to prevent Ronaldo putting it away was outstanding.

Scotland finally have two top players ,Robertson and Tierney.Just a pity they're both defenders who both play the same position at left back.Tierney ends up shifted onto the right where he struggles. Mctominlay for Man United choosing to play for Scotland was a huge boost for us. Just hope Jose gives him as much time on the pitch next season as he did this. Looks every part a future Scotland captain.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Lroy

@OorWullie Always a drawback when watching highlights, especially on ITV. Often seem rushed and lazily put together. Plus, I'm dead on my feet this evening. Glad you enjoyed it though mate.

I'm really hoping the World Cup entertains, too often by the time the knock-out stages start, the players look knackered and every other game is just an exercise in cancelling each other out until penalties. Take that with a pinch of salt, I'm grumpy tired and my new job in FIFA 18 isn't proving a bed of roses and I'm beginning to think I should have stayed put, lol!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.