Forums

Topic: FIFA 18 Switch

Posts 421 to 440 of 645

Lroy

Is there a preferred camera angle setting for FIFA 18? I recall there was a clear favoured setting in past FIFA games over the default one. Is it Broadcast or Tele something?

Made a start on my first season as manager. Went for Coventry City in English League Two. Game recommended I play on Professional difficulty based on a friendly match I played upon booting the game up but I've plumped for Semi-Pro to begin. Not played a FIFA game for several years and I can always put the difficulty up as I progress each season.

Edited on by Lroy

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

kobashi100

I started on semi-pro just playing friendlies. Playing on professional now on career. Changed some sliders also.

kobashi100

Lroy

kobashi100 wrote:

I started on semi-pro just playing friendlies. Playing on professional now on career. Changed some sliders also.

Vaguely recall adjusting sliders in past FIFAs. Any tips on the front for this Switch version?

OorWullie

@kobashi100 It can be pretty tough going starting your career on professional. My first job was Derby County, for some reason they had a huge transfer budget compared to the rest. Unfortunately it didn't count for much as I was sacked around January for getting knocked out the cup and being close to the relegation places. I wasn't losing much but I wasn't winning either. Just lots of 0v0 draws. Was then offered the Wolfsburg job, done OK'ish for the first 18 month but below expectations. I'm now half way through my 2nd full season, just outside the Europa League places and I've built a really great 1st team and bench, mostly young and lots of potential. I'm building something really special that will next season take the Bundesliga and at least 1 cup. If I'm given the chance that is. I stupidly sold my 1st goalkeeper on deadline day. Didn't pay attention to his position, was too focused on trying to raise the funds for my number 1 target who was just giving me the run around. As the hammer came down, I didn't get my man and was left with only 1 GK, a teenager who's in for a career of mediocrity. In fact, if he continues to perform the way he has for me so far then he might not have a career at all. Nearly every decent shot hit at him goes past him, costing me several points and now the Europa qualification that's expected of me is in real jeopardy. 2 years of building a potential giant only for it to go tits up because of a keeper blunder.

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Mr Mustard πŸ‡ΉπŸ‡­
SW-6101-8403-1640

πŸ•ΉοΈ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards πŸ•ΉοΈ

kosmaty

I have just bought used Fifa 18 and I cannot run it. After inserting cartridge, software has installed upgrade and than asked for language. Unfortunetly after choosing language it stays on loading screen forever (I tried to leave console for half hour...)

Did anyone had similar problem?

kosmaty

Kova

kosmaty wrote:

I have just bought used Fifa 18 and I cannot run it. After inserting cartridge, software has installed upgrade and than asked for language. Unfortunetly after choosing language it stays on loading screen forever (I tried to leave console for half hour...)

Did anyone had similar problem?

Dunno why that happens, but hold power button for about 10 seconds so Switch will β€œhard reset”. After that it should work. At least I got it work like that.

After that it has all ways run well.

Kova

marios

Hello guys...this is my first post in here haha.
I am from Greece and I am glad to discuss with you.

I have a question,does anyone know which are the best sliders for FIFA on NS?

When i play single mode is fine but when I play with friends multiplayer i do not know,smth its not fine and its not fun!!The controls and passes are not good.

Nintendo Switch
Friend Code
SW1975-1610-3221

Switch Friend Code: sw-1975-1610-3221 | My Nintendo: marios | Nintendo Network ID: SW1975-1610-3221

kobashi100

Lroy wrote:

kobashi100 wrote:

Vaguely recall adjusting sliders in past FIFAs. Any tips on the front for this Switch version?

I use these on pro difficulty

Creates more of a midfield battle

USER/CPU
55/55 Sprint Speed
54/53 Acceleration
51/51 Shot Error
58/58 Pass Error
51/51 Shot Speed
40/35 Pass Speed
40/40 Injury Frequency
35/35 Injury Severity
50/50 GK Ability
59/59 Marking
59/59 Run Frequency
72/72 Line Height
35/35 Line Length
52/52 Line Width
69/69 FB Positioning
53/53 FT Control

kobashi100

kobashi100

OorWullie wrote:

@kobashi100 It can be pretty tough going starting your career on professional. My first job was Derby County, for some reason they had a huge transfer budget compared to the rest. Unfortunately it didn't count for much as I was sacked around January for getting knocked out the cup and being close to the relegation places. I wasn't losing much but I wasn't winning either. Just lots of 0v0 draws. Was then offered the Wolfsburg job, done OK'ish for the first 18 month but below expectations. I'm now half way through my 2nd full season, just outside the Europa League places and I've built a really great 1st team and bench, mostly young and lots of potential. I'm building something really special that will next season take the Bundesliga and at least 1 cup. If I'm given the chance that is. I stupidly sold my 1st goalkeeper on deadline day. Didn't pay attention to his position, was too focused on trying to raise the funds for my number 1 target who was just giving me the run around. As the hammer came down, I didn't get my man and was left with only 1 GK, a teenager who's in for a career of mediocrity. In fact, if he continues to perform the way he has for me so far then he might not have a career at all. Nearly every decent shot hit at him goes past him, costing me several points and now the Europa qualification that's expected of me is in real jeopardy. 2 years of building a potential giant only for it to go tits up because of a keeper blunder.

Wow.. that's crazy dude. Actually glad to see the stats for GK mean something though. I started career with Liverpool professional. My front three so deadly. Firminho scoring lots of goals.

Problem I have with FIFA is tactics. It's just not in depth enough compared to PES. it's seems impossible to have a DF midfield player hold his position. defence in general definitely loses its shape way too often.

kobashi100

Lroy

@kobashi100 Thanks for the reply dude. I'll take a look and tinker when I can.

Lroy

Yeah, seems I did start my first FIFA 18 career on far too easy a difficulty setting. I'm playing as Coventry, haven't bought any new players and with the in-game calendar now at February, I have so far only lost 1 match and drawn 2. I'm clear at the top of League Two, already won some low league cup, the actual League Cup, reached the quarter finals of the FA Cup (another competition, which I hope to win this season) beating premier league opposition like 5, 6, 7, 8 - 0.

I intend to up the difficulty to Professional next season and intend to stick with Coventry and see how it goes in League One. My worry though is that the jump to 'pro' difficulty will see my matches go from high scoring epics to stagnant 0-0 draws? That is what I recall experiencing in past FIFA games once I went up to Pro and beyond difficulty settings.

Have they made the learning curve more gradual in more recent FIFA iterations? How are others getting on in their seasons?

Edited on by Lroy

toiletduck

Lroy wrote:

... beating premier league opposition like 5, 6, 7, 8 - 0.

I remember finding it easier to win against PL clubs than against league opponents while I was in the lower leagues with my own team. It seems like higher rated CPU teams pick a more attacking strategy if they play lower rated human controlled teams, giving your attackers a lot more space to score goals (all PS3/4 experience btw).

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Stiggie

I bought Fifa 2018 in a discount for 25 euros. For that price it is a nice game, especially when you can consider selling it again in september for 15 euros or so. Normally a PES player so I hope they will be releasing a game next year.

Fifa 18 is a nice game however and if you like to play handheld there is no better one at the moment.

Stiggie

Lroy

Just hit the 50 hour mark on my activity log for FIFA 18. I got the game as a Valentine's Day treat when it was on sale for Β£20 approx on Amazon UK. Like I may have said previously, I hadn't played a FIFA game or even particularly followed the actual sport for knocking on ten years.

Speaking personally, to amass such a significant amount of play time in little over two months signifies that FIFA 18 on Switch has been a massive positive experience. I'm glued to the Manager Mode and exclusively play my career in the game.

Actually, this mode in the game has proved so much fun I intend to start following football again with the World Cup this summer and the subsequent new season too.

I've read with interest the FOOTBALL MANAGER thread and will very likely buy that in the not too distant future too.

Speaking of the FOOTBALL MANAGER thread, they're having some great chat, sharing anecdotes about their seasons. Whilst I appreciate the Manager Mode in FIFA 18 lacks that amount of depth, it would still be great fun to hear about what clubs people are managing, what formations they are using and who they have unearthed as star players etc.

I've played about 3/4 of a season with League Two side Coventry City on Semi-Pro and pretty much won everything without even buying a single player. Clearly, this difficulty whilst ideal to usher me back into a game series I had long neglected, it lacked challenge to be satisfying. I'll likely only go back to this Save File for occasions where I just want to casually play and hammer a team. Maybe even just see how far I can get Coventry in the game e.g. To the Premiership and Champions League winners.

My main Save File is now playing on Professional difficulty where I have managed to gain promotion in my first season with League One's Northampton Town. I also won the Checkatrade Trophy, preventing League One winners Blackburn Rovers from doing a double (revenge for the two measly points they finished above me in the league table πŸ˜‰). I had some pretty good League Cup and FA Cup runs as well. Making the last 16 and last 8 respectively, losing out to clubs in higher leagues than me - Hull and Spurs if I recall correctly.

Season Two now begins in the Championship, I've started to tinker more with my playing staff, having sold some of the dead wood and sending a couple youngsters out on season long loan deals.

I've only bought two players to date and have managed to bring in a much better strike force on ongoing loan deals as my transfer kitty is pretty much getting eaten away appeasing players over new contracts and increased wages. I'm playing a 4-3-3 formation with a defensive midfielder in the centre of the park.

If you fancy sharing your own experiences in Manager Mode so far, I'd love to hear them πŸ‘

Edited on by Lroy

gcunit

@Lroy You've inspired me. I've logged 75 hours, but that's mostly playing Online Seasons, which is a bit addictive. I started a Be a Pro career recently but haven't done much with it - I always find them tough going when you first start out and get picked for the team but are rubbish and keep getting subbed at half-time .

I don't think I've ever tried the Manager career, so I'll get one going today. I play as Fiorentina in FIFA 18. Do you play all your games or simulate some/all?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@Lroy This was a great idea. It should pacify my Football Manager envy I was feeling

I set my career level as World Class - think I might regret that! The board want me to qualify for the Europa League eek

Edited on by gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit Great! I never simulate any games. I play every second of every match. I think I had game length at default 5/6 mins (?) in my first Save File with Coventry on Semi-Pro.

Have nudged that down to 4 minutes with Northampton Town on Professional difficulty. Actually, means it is more of a challenge to come back from a goal or two down but all the more satisfying if you can. Being clinical in front of goal is my biggest challenge in this game so far. Even playing as low league minnows I tend to create far more chances than the opposition but the players (e.g. Me ☺️) tend to miss more often than they score.

What is this 'online seasons' mode you refer to? Don't think I have ever played that mode?

Edited on by Lroy

toiletduck

I've picked up FIFA 18 recently when it was on sale for about €30, just before FM18 came out. Had some time to spare since me and my gf split up I've played FIFA on PS consoles for about 8 yrs now. In the beginning I was very active and easily playing on world class, but now I'm just playing casually; mainly on semi-pro level, 4mins. I like to progress the story in management mode swiftly (and I don't like to lose to the CPU ). A lot of times I'm playing with friends with a beer or two accompanying us (or after a few drinks), which doesn't do my play level any good. Sometimes I play a tournament or season on a higher level to enhance my skill. Online is to tense for me, I get to fanatic if I play other people I can't see.

At the moment I'm playing Karlsruher in German 3rd league. What a blessing that there's a new option with a 3rd league, besides England. I get tired of the busy schedule in England due to all the cup matches. I'm still in the transfer window. I've put my money on youth scouts (that's always the way to go for me) and a few free agents on selected positions.

Problem I always have with FIFA, but even more in this version: the stamina levels of my players. I can't use players two matches in succession if there's a midweek match scheduled, because they are too tired. Even when I'm not sprinting that much, my players can hardly play two matches in a row. Anyone else having this issue? I solve this by having a A and a B squad, but that means you need to have 22 competitive players (actually 25: one extra for each line to replace injuries and suspensions).

So far I've won all my matches, including one against a higher league team for the cup. It wasn't easy though and I haven't scored a lot. I notice that I have to get used to the controllers, even though the buttons are the same as on PS. I've tried both the 8Bitdo SF30Pro and the joycon grips. Handheld really doesn't work for me so far...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

gcunit

@Lroy Oh my days, what have you done!? I'm addicted for sure.

I ditched any notion of tinkering with the squad/tactics and went straight into a pre- season tournament in Germany and in the first match (against Werder Bremen I think) I hit the woodwork 3 times but lost 1-0 due to one of those stupid own goals where your defender chests a cross past the keeper. But I was feeling good about having created chances and only conceding a silly goal.

2 matches later though and I was still goalless, the World Class AI out muscling my players any time I got near their box.

I had 22 million in the kitty and without giving any proper thought to it, spent it all on Jesse Lingard just because I could. But in this game he's nothing special, and now he's in my squad he's only worth 10 million

I was offered 22 million for Nikola Kalinic (81) by Swansea. He's not in my online seasons Fiorentina squad, and Giovanni Simeone (76) has always proved trustworthy in front of goal for me, so I let Kalinic go as he'd showed me nothing in the friendlies.

First league game of the season was against Torino, and I was beginning to think I should start again on professional AI instead, when up stepped my man Simeone with a turn and shot on the edge of the box... 1-0 to the Violas!

Alas, we were pegged back to a 1-1 draw, but it was away from home so not too disheartening.

What was disheartening was that club captain (and now deceased IRL), Davide Astori, requested a transfer for no apparent reason, so I listed him and sold him to Napoli within a couple of days for 15 million

I then splashed some of my Kalinic/Astori money on some youngsters - Ryan Sessegnon (66, left-back), aged 17, from Fulham for 6.5 million, and Leandrinho (65, CAM), aged 18, from Napoli for 8.5 million.

The media ridiculed my 'overspending' for both players, but I got them both for a bit less than I was quoted when I enquired about them. However they're both currently rated well below the players they're replacing. For the future then... I hoped.

Nevertheless, they both went into the starting lineup for our 2nd league match, home against Verona.

Disaster struck when Verona were awarded a penalty early doors for what I could only imagine was a flailing arm handball. They are particularly bitter pills to swallow as you can't help that at all as far as I know. Keeper went the right way but didn't get there. 1-0 down.

Up steppeth the new wonder kid of Italian football, Leandrinho! What a signing he is! Whenever he gets the ball he just feels more nimble (he's Brazilian) than any of my other players, and he spanked one into the corner to draw us level.

We then dominated Verona, creating several chances, nearly everything going through Leandrinho.

Then... another ******* penalty! And another one that I couldn't really have done anything about. I just turned my defender to try and get onto the flight of a cross, he bumped the attacker in doing so. Penalty given. Keeper went the right way again, but again couldn't get there (new keeper is now on my shopping list).

I was pretty hacked off by now. 2-1 down at home in a game we'd bossed. We continued to dominate Verona and create chances.

Into the 90th minute... Leandrinho jinks through the Verona back line and hits the back of the net - the 18 year old with a brace on his club debut, in front of our home fans. Delirium.

Not enough time to snatch a winner, but the buzz around this boy Leandrinho is legit.

I'm hooked.

Edited on by gcunit

Lroy

@gcunit Ha! Ha! It's bloody great isn't it πŸ˜‰

EDIT Such a great write up by the way. Like I was a fan at the matches. Love it! πŸ‘

I'll post an update on my progress with Northampton Town soon. Currently second in the Championship now. Had some weird mess up during transfer window where I successfully bid and negotiated contracts with 3 obscure rising stars but none then joined my squad?!!

Edited on by Lroy

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.