Forums

Topic: Excited for the Nindie Presentation?

Posts 101 to 120 of 146

HappyAxiom

Light Fall and Fantasy Strike were the 2 highlights for me.

HappyAxiom

redd214

That was very very underwhelming to put it mildly. The only unique game was the pool one but definitely not my type of game. Everything else just seemed like a redskins of a game we already have. Ahh well not every live stream can be a banger.

redd214

Captain_Toad

Looking at tiny builds stream. They's showing highlight reels of games that has been released before the stream starts. Good idea. Directs in the future needs to do this for spotlighting games and to chew time.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

ieatdragonz

Light Fall is the only one I have much a liking to. The other ones seem good but since they are unknown, the direct felt like I needed to establish an attachment for these unknown titles. If they had quickfire stuff for games already out, that would be fine but since I know none of these games (except BannerSaga) I have no clue what to think.

Its like Nintendo shoved a mint in our mouths, we might like mint, we might not, but them shoving it quickly at us is just unappealing.

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Tibob

Reigns is a very solid game, and will bring something different to the Switch. Let's just hope it will be priced reasonably !

Tibob

Syndrome

Mark of the Ninja Remastered, Fantasy Strike and Light Fall are my top picks but as a whole this wasn't something important enough to justify a Nindies presentation imo. They could just announce them individually and it would still be the same.

Syndrome

darkfenrir

I think announcing most of these games individually might be better :/

The Nindies just felt too fast and it's like... They barely show anything. (I only remember Mark of the Ninja and West of Loathing, but it's because I have played both of those...)

darkfenrir

ieatdragonz

@Captain_Toad Its over and only had Garage. Haha that didn't need to be a livestream guys. I wonder if they were also miffed about Nintendo giving them zero screentime

Edited on by ieatdragonz

People might think I'm childish for my picture, and I am.
Favorite games: Super Mario Odyssey, Super Metroid, Mass Effect 2, Red Dead Redemption, and Sonic Generations
If you like Kirby, then you are a person I can trust.

Captain_Toad

Wow. This has to be the most disappointing day of the whole year. Tiny build only shown us one game. @ieatdragons I saw it.

Edited on by Captain_Toad

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

FragRed

That was a big disappointment. I don't know if Nintendo rushed that presentation and thus didn't have time to gather enough games to showcase, or if they just don't seem to care about indies like they did last year. On another note, most the games released from the past two Nindies presentations STILL have not been released. So perhaps these presentations are redundant if the games never come out.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JoeDiddley

I was also very underwhelmed by this presentation. But I guess awesome Nindies are released all the time that aren’t showcased, so I won’t worry too much.

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

meppi64

Bunch of new games I'll end up buying, but I can't help but wish it was a bit longer.
Even if the amount of titles remained the same, I wish we could see a bit more of them.

Garage looked like a cross between Loaded on PSone and Hotline Miami. Kinda interested.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

Jbs-Dad

@meppi64 wouldn't it be great if hotline Miami came to switch,love that game. Garage and reigns looked good to me.

Switch code: sw-0773-7462-9023

Octane

I thought this was coming Thursday. Ah well, seems like I didn't miss anything.

Octane

meppi64

@Jbs-Dad
That was one of the disappointments for me. I was kinda expecting Hotline Miami 1+2 since there's now support for gamemaker 2.
Then again, it might just be a matter of timing, come to think of it.
If I'm not mistaken, gamemaker support was announced for this summer, so I guess porting games to Switch will take a little longer and might start to pop up around summer or soon thereafter.

My most wanted game (and I'm sure people here are tired of hearing me talk about it by now. ) is Nuclear Throne.
Then again, no Spelunky either, so that kinda fits it with it just being too early for these.
It was also called the Spring Nindies Showcase, so pretty sure they didn't want to go into games that will come out in the second half of the year.

meppi64

Switch Friend Code: SW-8347-9726-5976 | My Nintendo: meppi64 | Nintendo Network ID: meppi64

LuckyLand

Ok, I have to admit, now I AM excited for Lumines and for Fantasy Strike (it looks great!). There were other interesting games but I'm not 100% sure about them. Just shapes and beats seems really promising I will keep an eye on it. It is the one that stands out the most, Lumines and Fantasy Strike aside.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Lroy

Any thoughts on that new 1v1 fighter: FANTASY STRIKE. Looked pretty and has online thank god. Could be worth picking up if it gets enough people playing. Is it an exclusive for Switch?

Although it kinda just makes me want the STREET FIGHTER COLLECTION all the sooner and a MORTAL KOMBAT game for Switch.

Edited on by Lroy

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

link3710

That was a fun little direct, but it probably should have been padded with updates on already announced titles. Honestly, there was more or less enough new content there, but for once I missed the padding.

link3710

Peek-a-boo

Octane wrote:

I thought this was coming Thursday. Ah well, seems like I didn't miss anything.

@Octane It was either an iOS port, a remaster of a game that was available on the Xbox 360 years ago or games that had already been announced prior on the PC and/or other consoles, but re-announced to pave way for a Switch version.

I was waiting for footage for Runner 3, or a new indie game from Nintendo similar to BoxBoy!, Pushmo/Pullblox or Dillon’s Rolling Western, but alas...

For Switch owners who do not game on a PC or other consoles however, I guess it was okay.

Peek-a-boo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.