Forums

Topic: E3 and Beyond! What do you realistically expect to be released this year.

Posts 201 to 213 of 213

FragRed

@rallydefault @Operative2-0 I don't think Overwatch will come to the Switch, unless Nintendo hands over a lot of money to get the game like they probably did with Skyrim. In fact the director on Overwatch said it would be very challenging to bring the game to the console - which in my eyes is them saying "Don't count on a port" without outright backing themselves into a corner.

FragRed

banacheck

If Nintendo are smart which i'm hoping thay are thay should definitely port some more Wii U game's, like Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, DKC: Tropical Freeze etc. A lot of people never played these game's because obviously thay never owned a Wii U, it would give these game's a boost to sales especially for game's like the brilliant The Wonderful 101. It also wouldn't take a lot of resources for Nintendo to port over these game's, or thay could outsource a game to port over to a well know company that does excellent ports. It would be a win win for both Nintendo and for switch owners that never played the originals, i would even buy something like Tropical Freeze again & it would also help fill in the gaps between software releases.

banacheck

Whitewatermoose

@banacheck I would assume that we will get two or three Wii U ports a year. I don't know about 101, but I think we get Bayonetta, Tropical Freeze, Paper Mario, FE#, and hopefully Captain Toad.

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo Network ID: whitewatermoose

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose I definitely see Bayonetta 2 coming to the Switch, perhaps again as a bundle with the first. I think Nintendo wants to establish this series as their franchise going forward, so I would not be surprised if a third game is in development or at least negotiation stages now that Scalebound is cancelled.

FragRed

Whitewatermoose

@FragRed I agree, I think it will be bundled with Bayo 1& 2 for $50ish. I also think we could see either DK Returns HD bundled with TF or if we are lucky, a DK Country HD bundled with TF.

Whitewatermoose

mav-i-am

rather have new games than ports..........

Switch games want list,

Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Snipperclips, World of Goo, MK8 Deluxe, Skyrim, The Binding of Isaac, Fast RMX, FIFA, Syberia 3

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Jimmmo

I'm hoping for a good release schedule of VC games this years. Hopefully Nintendo brings it home at e3 / Nintendo Direct.

Jimmmo

Whitewatermoose

@mav-i-am I think first and foremost we are getting new games. I think the hd remakes and ports are to offset the software droughts.

Whitewatermoose

mav-i-am

Whitewatermoose wrote:

@mav-i-am I think first and foremost we are getting new games. I think the hd remakes and ports are to offset the software droughts.

Best thing they could do to prevent droughts is to buy a few developers (or just fund a project or three) to ensure we (Nintendo fans that is) have more choice and that would also bring some more "grown up" exclusives to the table too.

Switch games want list,

Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Ultra Street Fighter 2, Snipperclips, World of Goo, MK8 Deluxe, Skyrim, The Binding of Isaac, Fast RMX, FIFA, Syberia 3

Grumblevolcano

Although initial sales have been absolutely fantastic, I still think the success of the console is make or break on E3.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

banacheck

@mav-i-am like @Whitewatermoose said its to help with software droughts, and also porting over a game doesn't effect new games being developed as the resources are minimal. It took 2-3 people to port the guts of The Crew over to the PS4 within six months, with the Switch being developer friendly also benefits from straight forward ports like the PS4. The money made from the ports also can go back into funding new games, thats why its a win win for everyone.

banacheck

mav-i-am

banacheck wrote:

@mav-i-am like @Whitewatermoose said its to help with software droughts, and also porting over a game doesn't effect new games being developed as the resources are minimal. It took 2-3 people to port the guts of The Crew over to the PS4 within six months, with the Switch being developer friendly also benefits from straight forward ports like the PS4. The money made from the ports also can go back into funding new games, thats why its a win win for everyone.

As long as they are not just punting WiiU titles over it will be fine, that is my main issue.

Switch games want list,

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic