Forums

Topic: E3 and Beyond! What do you realistically expect to be released this year.

Posts 201 to 220 of 226

Whitewatermoose

@banacheck I would assume that we will get two or three Wii U ports a year. I don't know about 101, but I think we get Bayonetta, Tropical Freeze, Paper Mario, FE#, and hopefully Captain Toad.

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo Network ID: whitewatermoose

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose I definitely see Bayonetta 2 coming to the Switch, perhaps again as a bundle with the first. I think Nintendo wants to establish this series as their franchise going forward, so I would not be surprised if a third game is in development or at least negotiation stages now that Scalebound is cancelled.

FragRed

Whitewatermoose

@FragRed I agree, I think it will be bundled with Bayo 1& 2 for $50ish. I also think we could see either DK Returns HD bundled with TF or if we are lucky, a DK Country HD bundled with TF.

Whitewatermoose

mav-i-am

rather have new games than ports..........

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Jimmmo

I'm hoping for a good release schedule of VC games this years. Hopefully Nintendo brings it home at e3 / Nintendo Direct.

Jimmmo

Whitewatermoose

@mav-i-am I think first and foremost we are getting new games. I think the hd remakes and ports are to offset the software droughts.

Whitewatermoose

mav-i-am

Whitewatermoose wrote:

@mav-i-am I think first and foremost we are getting new games. I think the hd remakes and ports are to offset the software droughts.

Best thing they could do to prevent droughts is to buy a few developers (or just fund a project or three) to ensure we (Nintendo fans that is) have more choice and that would also bring some more "grown up" exclusives to the table too.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Grumblevolcano

Although initial sales have been absolutely fantastic, I still think the success of the console is make or break on E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

banacheck

@mav-i-am like @Whitewatermoose said its to help with software droughts, and also porting over a game doesn't effect new games being developed as the resources are minimal. It took 2-3 people to port the guts of The Crew over to the PS4 within six months, with the Switch being developer friendly also benefits from straight forward ports like the PS4. The money made from the ports also can go back into funding new games, thats why its a win win for everyone.

banacheck

mav-i-am

banacheck wrote:

@mav-i-am like @Whitewatermoose said its to help with software droughts, and also porting over a game doesn't effect new games being developed as the resources are minimal. It took 2-3 people to port the guts of The Crew over to the PS4 within six months, with the Switch being developer friendly also benefits from straight forward ports like the PS4. The money made from the ports also can go back into funding new games, thats why its a win win for everyone.

As long as they are not just punting WiiU titles over it will be fine, that is my main issue.

Switch games list,

Whitewatermoose

It had been quite for a while. Slow news time. If we are going to go fantasy within the realm of possibility. I would like to see the following announced for Switch between now and TGS.

• Castlevania Souls game.
  • Orange Box 2 ( CS:GO, L4D, portal 2)
  • Madden, and NHL.
  • FPS represented ( COD, Battlefront, Overwatch, or some other game)
  • an extreme sports game (snowboarding, skateboarding, or wave race)
  • 1st person Metroid evolve into a Halo style multiplayer experience.
  • borderlands 2, or battle born come to Switch. Yes I'm serious.
  • Pokemon and digimon both released on Switch by Feb 2018.
  • Square releases DQX world wide in next 10 months.
  • rocket league announced
  • action adventure game in the mold of Shadow of mordor, or assassins creed.
  • good old school wrestling game
  • Finally: have skyrim, NBA and FIFA all be good ports!!!

Whitewatermoose

nitrolink

Am I the only person dying for a Nintendo Direct this week?

I want to know the Splatoon 2 release date!

nitrolink

Grumblevolcano

If there's a Nintendo Direct before E3 then in the next few weeks seem most likely. The last 1st party game with a release date announced during the January Switch presentation comes out in 18 days (MK8 Deluxe) and after that we really don't know much. ARMS is spring which dependent on the definition of spring could be May or June; Splatoon 2 is summer which dependent on definition of summer could be June, July, August or September and everything else is a very vague 2017 release.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

Isn't it nigh on time that we change the thread title from 'realistically expect' to 'fantasy and wishful thinking' after reading the last couple of pages?

I'm bemused at those who realistically expected to see Destiny 2 on the Nintendo Switch.

@Whitewatermoose Out of all those, I would like to think that Rocket League may make its way over at some point as well as Dragon Quest XI coming out within the next ten months. I'd imagine we shall see a Pokémon game in some shape or form in 2018 (and beyond) too.

The rest, however, will continue to be a fantasy.

Peek-a-boo

Whitewatermoose

@Peek-a-boo

I agree that a lot is fantasy.
I'm going to say at some point Madden does come to Switch.

DQX world wide release is unlikely, but would be awesome.

I'm guessing to Rocket League will come too.

I wouldn't rule out some form of Castlevania game on Switch. A souls game is an actual natural progression for the series.

I'm convinced Nintendo will market Switch with a third party shooter this fall as well to push the online service.

Especially true if that rumor about online games launching before the online service will never support chat. Games like Bomberman, MK8, Arms, SFIIU, and possibly Splatoon.

Whitewatermoose

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose When you say that Nintendo would market the Switch with a third party shooter, what shooter were you thinking of? Most, if not all, already have exclusive deals with Microsoft and Sony.

FragRed

Whitewatermoose

@FragRed

I honestly don't know. COD would be the easiest guess. Even if it is MW1Remake complete edition. It has to be a game that is also on other PS4, and Xbox One. This would show the larger gaming community that Switch also gets third party titles.

The most important third party games they need THIS year is in any order: (Minecraft, 1st person shooter, Fifa, NBA, Skyrim, competitive e-sports games (Rocket League, or similar), and third party JRPG.)

So hypothetically if they have this:
-Minecraft, Fifa, NBA, and Skyrim are coming.

• Will they announce a 1st person shooter, e-sport games, jrpg like DQXI or Persona 5 (ps3 version). These games cater to different audiences and age groups. It would show a wide range of support on the system in addition to the Nintendo exclusives and you have a winning combination.

Whitewatermoose

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic