Forums

Topic: E3 and Beyond! What do you realistically expect to be released this year.

Posts 181 to 200 of 219

Peek-a-boo

@dumedum If I 'just read something on the internet', then why is it okay for you to base your (now outdated) six-months-old findings by just reading something on the internet?

For the second time in a row, @twindragon is the one who is correct; we now know that it isn't a custom ship. It's a stock Tegra X1, which is under half-way between the Wii U and Xbox One in terms of performance, which I have now explained to you two separate times!

:EDIT: If you require clarification and proof in regards to the Nintendo Switch using a stock Tegra X1, then here you go: - http://techinsights.com/about-techinsights/overview/blog/nint...

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

rallydefault

@dumedum
Yea, it's a stock X1. So if that is actually what Nintendo has on their site, technically that is false advertising.

(Sorry - the website thing was from a different poster)

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo UK confirmed Fire Emblem Warriors and Xeno 2 for release in 2017 today. Maybe Nintendo will actually be able to pull it off. Do you think it makes Pokemon and third party support less likely for Holiday 2017?

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

Nintendo Network ID: whitewatermoose

GrailUK

@Whitewatermoose I don't think Pokémon will be ready any time soon for Switch. Pokémon is going to get teased and trailered for at least a year! It will generate too much interest not to milk!

GrailUK

Grumblevolcano

Fire Emblem Warriors I expected to be 2017, around the same kind of time as Hyrule Warriors was in 2014. I still don't trust Nintendo on Xenoblade Chronicles 2 to be honest, December could work but I could also see a delay be announced sometime over the summer or early fall for it to be a Q1 2018 game.

But I am thinking Nintendo's just coming to the conclusion 3rd party support will be garbage and so they will try and fill up the 1st party lineup as much as possible.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Peek-a-boo

@Grumblevolcano I remember when Nintendo posted this particular image in the middle of last year:

Untitled

I too reckon that Xenoblade Chronicles 2 won't be out until next year, but it would be nice to be wrong!

Peek-a-boo

Octane

@Peek-a-boo I still remember when it said 2015! Time surely flies...

Octane

Whitewatermoose

Ok, as I have stated previously. I am personally convinced if Nintendo has anyone there who knows what they are doing, there will be a first person shooter released in holiday 2017.

I believe it makes the most sense if it is Destiny 2. Being that Bungie has over 1000 people working on the game. But COD, Overwatch, and Battlefront 2 also seem possible. Unless they give Metroid the Halo treatment and make that their flagship FPS. Before you scream at me, it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world to make Metroid like Halo.

What do you think? Think we will get a FPS for holiday 2017?

Whitewatermoose

Operative2-0

I don't think so, and if they do I hope it's not destiny 2. Even though not much carries over from the first game, everyone will just continue playing one the console that they played the first on for continuity's sake.

Obviously overwatch would fit in the best but of that list call of duty is probably the most likely. And even then I don't think it will happen. I'd say they would have had to begin work on a switch port a while back, but I'm guessing Nintendo sent out dev kits too late to make it on time.

I hope I'm wrong though

Operative2-0

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose Third party game? They need something though don't think Destiny 2 is what we would get. But from a first party perspective? Absolutely not happening. Nintendo has Splatoon 2 coming out and that will be one of the big games they'll continue to push through the holiday period. Also being it's a shooter, I think Nintendo will see it as their representation for the entire genre. No need for a FPS.

FragRed

Whitewatermoose

@FragRed You make a valid point and are absolutely right. If Retro is making a FPS, they won't release it the same year with Splatoon 2.

@Operative2-0 The other thing that I forgot to mention, what about a remake or HD port of a 360 game. Modern Warfare 1 HD remake would certainly run on Switch. So would something like the BLOPS 2 HD port ( I realize it would have to release on other consoles, but Nintendo should want that.)

Edited on by Whitewatermoose

Whitewatermoose

FragRed

@Whitewatermoose But I've always believed Nintendo needs to embrace more "mature" games. They kinda did with Bayonetta 2 and to a worse result, Devils Third, but the Switch is think is in a better position for them to publish a larger number of mature games. I think E3 will determine the direction the Switch library of games is heading.

FragRed

IrishGamer97

Does anyone think ME:Andromeda will have some form of port announced? Perhaps the possibility is announced and EA use Fifa to judge sales and act out on the idea?

"Because one dog ain't enough, and two is too low, it's me, Three Dog!" Three Dog ~ Fallout 3
"The only time a lawyer can cry is when it's all over." Godot ~ Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations
"You can become a hero." All Might ~ My Hero Academia
NNID: MunsterRugbyFan
Steam: thirishnord97

Nintendo Network ID: MunsterRugbyFan | Twitter:

Whitewatermoose

I forgot, but I would not discount a Rainbow Six Siege port. But R6 accomplishes a lot of what Nintendo is trying to do. Esport game, faithful audience, evergreen title, Ubisoft, and an engine they already having running on Switch.

Whitewatermoose

twindragon

I think people should expect no good third party announcements and if there is some then they can be pleasantly surprised. I don't think there is going to be an announcement for call of duty, overwatch or anything like that. Maybe we will see something like that raving rabids game from Ubisoft. Lots of indie stuff. I'm not getting my hopes up

twindragon

Zaylok

I think games they might release this year that aren't announced as of this comment are:
3D Kirby/25th anniversary title
Pokemon D/P Remake
Pikmin 4

Zaylok

Nintendo Network ID: Drewhix | Twitter:

rallydefault

Yea, I'm with @Operative2-0 on this one. I think the likeliest shooter for the Switch will be Overwatch. Not only for the meshing of its tone/style with typical Nintendo aesthetics, but because of its low system requirements. That thing is programmed to run on some pretty ancient PC hardware. There was a cool article about it on PC Gamer. Sooo, that would theoretically makes its appearance on the Switch MUCH easier than something like a Destiny 2 or Wildlands.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Whitewatermoose

@twindragon

While I understand where your coming from, and conventional wisdom says you are right. Skyrim, Fifa, and NBA say Nintendo at least recognizes that they need SOME 3rd party games on Switch, or it will be regarded the same as Wii U. Albeit, Switch should sell much better. But some 3rd party games are needed.

I don't think Nintendo has completely learned their lesson regarding 3rd party importance, if 3rd parties don't come willingly, I am starting to believe that Nintendo will money hat some 3rd party ports (annually).

I expect during year 1, 2 and maybe 3 if sales warrant, Nintendo will money hat ports. Even if it is ports of 360 games or HD remakes or older games. I expect Madden, a FPS of some sort, some JRPG ports, and maybe even yes Mass Effect trilogy HD (once it comes to all other consoles as well). These of course won't all come this year, but I do think we get an FPS this year.

Whitewatermoose

FragRed

@rallydefault @Operative2-0 I don't think Overwatch will come to the Switch, unless Nintendo hands over a lot of money to get the game like they probably did with Skyrim. In fact the director on Overwatch said it would be very challenging to bring the game to the console - which in my eyes is them saying "Don't count on a port" without outright backing themselves into a corner.

FragRed

banacheck

If Nintendo are smart which i'm hoping thay are thay should definitely port some more Wii U game's, like Bayonetta 2, The Wonderful 101, DKC: Tropical Freeze etc. A lot of people never played these game's because obviously thay never owned a Wii U, it would give these game's a boost to sales especially for game's like the brilliant The Wonderful 101. It also wouldn't take a lot of resources for Nintendo to port over these game's, or thay could outsource a game to port over to a well know company that does excellent ports. It would be a win win for both Nintendo and for switch owners that never played the originals, i would even buy something like Tropical Freeze again & it would also help fill in the gaps between software releases.

banacheck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic