Forums

Topic: E3 2019

Posts 41 to 60 of 73

NintendoByNature

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

@nintendobynature @Dezzy Grezzos last game was the Luigis Mansion remake.

Ahh i forgot about that.. but on a side note, A year or two back grezzo was hiring and posted a message saying " would you like to make a legend with us 2?" Or something along those lines. They did the same thing for the 3d remake of OoT or MM. I can't recall which. Point Is, is that that message kind of seemed coupled with a zelda game. Is there a possibility that the message was for luigis mansion instead of a zelda game? Sure.. But the message had me thinking it was directly implying another zelda game. And the links awakening game seems like a perfect fit for grezzo

NintendoByNature

Dezzy

@Knuckles-Fajita

That was a pretty simple port though, so I doubt it was their full team working on it. Ever Oasis would've had more people working on it.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Eel

It apparently wasn’t all that simple. From what I heard, they didn’t go the “recreate the game with Dark Moon as a base” route and instead decided to do their own thing, taking things from the GameCube game but without it being a full on port.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

No mention of Pikmin 4 yet?

Octane

-Green-

Pikmin what 🤷‍♀️ ???

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

MysticGengar

Quick, take him out and hide the body. Nobody can know our secrets!

Nice >:]

I do stupid stuff on youtube.com/mysticbros, so check it out if your bored or whatever.
Or don't, it's your time after all.

toiletduck

Octane wrote:

I was kinda thinking Sims 4 here...

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

troy258

I actually expect a lot from Nintendo this e3:
Third parties love switch sizzle reel: Fifa 2020, Madden 2020, NBA 2k20, The Sims 4, Overwatch, The Witcher 3 (unlikely, but the listings give it some validity ), Persona 5S, far cry 3 , Bortherlands the handsome collection, dragon quest II and spyro reignited trilogy.
First Party: Animal crossing, Luigi's mansion 3, Town, Pokemon Sword and shield, Mario Maker 2, astral chain, the legend of zelda link's awakening, Daemon x machina, Marvel ultimate alliance 3 and a Pikmin 3 port.

troy258

erv

Octane wrote:

I need pikmin 4 in my life. The switch needs it, we all need it... where's the new pikmin game?!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Grumblevolcano

Pikmin I think will skip E3. I see probably something like Pikmin 3 and Pikmin 4 announced (think the Bayonetta 1+2 reveal followed by a very vague teaser trailer for Bayonetta 3) in say an April Direct for example with Pikmin 3 being treated like Tropical Freeze (no mention of it in Directs after the announcement) and Pikmin 4 doesn't get shown again until early 2020.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

I'm certain Half Life 4 will show up sooner than Pikmin 4 at this point.

Octane

Anti-Matter

Octane wrote:

I wish The Sims 4 also on Nintendo Switch.

Anti-Matter

FragRed

With all the big games currently announced for the Switch this year alone, and the likelihood of at least one or two others we don’t yet know about, I’d be surprised if there was space in the calendar for anything Pikmin. My guess is that it’s been shelved until a time when software releases start to slow nearer the end of the systems life at which point they’ll release it with little fanfare. Don’t see Nintendo seeing the series being big enough to put resources into right now.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed May's still empty, here's the year so far with specific release dates:
January - NSMBU Deluxe, Travis Strikes Again
February - Tetris 99
March - Yoshi's Woolly World
April - Labo Toy-Con 04, Box Boy + Box Girl
May - ?
June - Super Mario Maker 2
July - Fire Emblem Three Houses
August - Astral Chain

So I could see Nintendo announcing a Wii U port for May.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano not sure if you were only talking 1st party stuff but may has re games saints row and assassin's creed

NintendoByNature

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano If Nintendo had anything like that to release in May, they would have announced it during the February Direct. And as @nintendobynature has said, that month is full of third party releases so Nintendo really doesn't need to worry about May.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

@nintendobynature I was talking Nintendo system exclusives. Have a look at 2018, Nintendo still had at least 1 exclusive per month for each month except January:
January - Nothing
February - Bayonetta 1+2 (I know 1 was on PC/PS3/360 but it's a bundle purchase on Switch)
March - Kirby Star Allies
April - Labo Toy-Con 01, Labo Toy-Con 02
May - DKC Tropical Freeze, Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition
June - Sushi Striker, Mario Tennis Aces
July - Captain Toad Treasure Tracker
August - Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate
September - Labo Toy-Con 03, Torna
October - Super Mario Party
November - Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee
December - Smash Ultimate

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

@Grumblevolcano yea I figured you meant 1st party exclusives. But like @FragRed as saying. There really isn't much reason for them to jam another 1st party game in may.. It would be welcomed by fans sure.. But it seems like they're jamming everything into the 2nd half of the year for a big holiday season

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Don't you think it would be odd to have a general Direct with no surprises though? I'm not sure which direction they will go but I think because of the Smash spring update there will be either a general Direct or a Smash Direct in early April.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano At most if Nintendo releases anything in May it’ll be a smaller download game. I don’t see them releasing a full physical game, even if it’s a Wii U port. They can easily ride the wave off the third party games launching in May.

Sometimes it’s good to have a month or two of no big first party releases - especially when June onwards is going to be packed from a first party lineup.

As for the Smash announcement, I’m guessing it’ll be it’s own small Direct focused entirely on whatever version 3 of the game brings along with details on the Joker character. That game is big enough to do that. Any general Direct that happens will just flesh out details on summer releases that have already been announced and any new unknown third party games.

Sorry, this topic has been locked.