Forums

Topic: E3 2019

Posts 21 to 40 of 73

bluemage1989

Man I love E3 and I look forward to it every year. I like to take a week off and enjoy the build up and the whole show but anyway there is so much they could show as 2019/2020 could be Nintendo's most packed in years so for now I'm just going to say I'm especially excited this year.

bluemage1989

DarkRula

I don't think Animal Crossing will get as massive a showing as what Smash Ultimate got. Maybe something similar to what Mario Odyssey got, just showing off the various areas and things to do. Possibly the town in the four seasons as well. Three minutes in the Direct with two hours of Treehouse rather than the twenty-five minutes in the Direct and over four hours of Treehouse that Smash Ultimate got [not including the Smash Invitational].

Sword/Shield are definites for one segment in the Treehouse. And I'd expect another Mario Sports game somewhere. F-Zero would be amazing to get, so I'm hoping it is the last thing the Direct shows. It deserves it with how long it's been since the last one.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Arbor

what is treehouse?

Arbor

MasterJay

@Arbor Its what Nintendo calls its livestreams of people playing games
Best way I could put it

Well excuuuse me princess

My Nintendo: MasterJay | Nintendo Network ID: SuperSnapshot1.5

skywake

As big a deal as Animal Crossing is I doubt it'll take up too much time. Unless they're doing something way out of left field with it there's not really much to say. It'll be the focus for sure but it's not going to be as much of a focus as Smash Bros was. Knowing a few Animal Crossing fans (and being one myself) I remember back when New Leaf was revealed and how this trailer was more than enough to get people hyped:

I'd expect a bit more than a short trailer like the above for sure especially given how close to release we are. But it's not really a game where the more content you show the more hyped people get. People either get the game and are hyped about it or they aren't. If Nintendo want to get value out of their E3 show that time would be better spent going over pretty much any other major release.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Diddy64

@Grumblevolcano Fair opinion. I am sure you have your reasons to believe that.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Diddy64

@nintendobynature Same here. I have been looking forward to a new DKC game and I can see it being announced since the DKC Tropical Freeze port probably didn't take much time to be put in the Switch. That could be the game that Retro Studios has been developing this last 3 to 5 years.

Also Nintendo is known for giving us surprises, so who knows. They could give us a Prime Trilogy HD if that doesn't make 2020 a bit barren on remakes and ports which may or may not be the case, depending on if Nintendo give us Wind Waker HD and Twilight Princess HD and also the possibility of a Skyward Sword HD remake. Another thing that could happen, is that Nintendo give us a 2D Metroid game, either a remake or a new 2D Metroid, but if we are to believe that the Samus Returns ending is a teaser to the future, we already know the answer to what the next game will be. I can see a 2D Metroid being revealed in a future direct or in a Nintendo Treehouse just like they did with Samus Returns.

Undergoing games:

NintendoByNature

@SamusLv7 I hear you my friend. You Just reminded me i need to finish Samus returns. Stopped playing a while ago

NintendoByNature

Diddy64

@Aozz101x Hopefully you are right about Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword/Shield being saved for Nintendo Directs as those games doesn't need to be announced at E3 to convince the millions of fans that will surely buy them without a single slight of doubt.

Aozz101x wrote:

also something new and original that nobody expect. how about an original IP that uses the 007 Goldeneye's gameplay style?

as for anything else,

• Fire Emblem,
  • MUA3,
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (likely, if that's coming out before E3, i can see a mention and a couple of mins during the treehouse segment, if it's coming out after E3 it will be foucs in the E3 2019 Direct.),
  • Zelda Awakening,
  • Astral Chain

Not Coming

• Bayonetta 3 (this one seems likely, however. i feel that it's not time to see Bayonetta 3 yet.)
  • Metroid Prime 4

New Reveals

• Star Fox
  • Paper Mario
  • F-Zero

A new Paper Mario RPG is another of the games I would like to see revealed in this year's E3.

If at least one of the following games get announced at E3, I will find the event to be better than the E3 2018:

1. Paper Mario RPG
2. 2D Metroid
3. (A personal one) Bravely Third
4. New Donkey Kong Country game
5. (Another personal one) 3D Donkey Kong (I know 64 wasn't well liked by some despite the game selling well, but I think they can fix the problems that people complained in a sequel. Also I wouldn't mind another DK rap ).

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

@nintendobynature Good that I didn't mention the ending. Also I am sure you'll like another thing that is a big spoiler which it's best that I don't mention either, but trust me, it's good one

Undergoing games:

Dezzy

We still don't know what Retro has been working on for the last few years.

I wonder if we'll also hear what Grezzo has been doing. Their last game was Ever Oasis, which released 2 years ago. About time to announce their next game I think.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Aozz101x

@SamusLv7 that was an error. i meant to say during Nintendo's E3 2019. i don't expect Animal Crossing or Pokemon Sword and Shield in a general Direct until after E3 2019. (although, i would just love to be wrong. )

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Diddy64

@Aozz101x It's okay. It happens every now and then

Edited on by Diddy64

Undergoing games:

NintendoByNature

@SamusLv7 haha ok I'll eventually go back to it. I'm actually playing through metroid fusion right and I'm loving it. I honestly don't mind how it guides you through the game.

NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

Dezzy wrote:

We still don't know what Retro has been working on for the last few years.

I wonder if we'll also hear what Grezzo has been doing. Their last game was Ever Oasis, which released 2 years ago. About time to announce their next game I think.

I was honestly wondering if grezzo is doing links awakening? Or is it confirmed they aren't? Im Not sure how that stuff works whether it gets announced or not.

NintendoByNature

Diddy64

@nintendobynature I like Fusion and in fact, I played it again in 2017 and in the first months of 2018. In fact, between those years was when I finally got 100%. However, I don't recommend in your first try to go for full completion, because some it's item pickups are quite challenging to find or reach in first time playing the game. But overall, it's a fantastic game and I would recommend it to many players that like (or get introduced to Metroid with) Samus Returns.

Undergoing games:

FrowningCoach

Id like for nintendo to show some more 2d or cel shaded games. Town, Wind Waker (i can dream right..), yokaiwatch 4. Games along those lines just hold up way better than Deamon x Machina or even xenoblade2 (IMO).

Anyway, ye thats me.

Also, an official announcement for a persona game would be appreciated

Edited on by FrowningCoach

SIX rings, brought the dynasty.

"its good to meet people, have clam chowder and win"

NintendoByNature

@SamusLv7 yea I'm loving it. I actually beat return of Samus a while ago and since then I've kinda found love for the metroid series. I plan on playing thru this, zero mission and super metroid in the near future. But a 3d metroid sounds all the more special which has me clamouring for the trilogy

NintendoByNature

Diddy64

@nintendobynature My first metroid game was Super Metroid on SNES and since then, it has become one of my favorite Nintendo franchises and when I played Metroid Prime 2 on Nintendo Game Cube, it reinforced my like for this franchise. In fact, Prime 2 is my first Prime game and I am glad that I rented it in my local video. Now I have all three games in Prime Trilogy on my Wii, but I would gladly double dip on a Switch HD remake because they are excellent games.

Undergoing games:

Haruki_NLI

@nintendobynature @Dezzy Grezzos last game was the Luigis Mansion remake.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Sorry, this topic has been locked.