Forums

Topic: E3 2019

Posts 1 to 20 of 73

MasterJay

Thread for anything and everything about E3 2019, which takes place from June 11 to 13.

I was wondering what game you guys think will be Nintendo's big focus this year at e3, whether it'll be pokemon sword/shield, some unannounced game, or if they won't have one main focus and will just cover all the games coming soon. So what are your opinions?

What games are you hoping for, any predictions?

Edited on by MasterJay

Well excuuuse me princess

My Nintendo: MasterJay | Nintendo Network ID: SuperSnapshot1.5

NintendoByNature

I'm thinking it'll be animal crossing focused like smash was last year which in all honesty kinda would bug me. Astral chain could get some spotlight time too since its releasing 2 months after e3 and they would more than likely want to build some hype. But I could be wrong. I'm really hoping that we finally get the rumored metroid prime trilogy announced. Lastly, a new donkey kong game would be awesome

NintendoByNature

Anti-Matter

Possibly :
1. Animal Crossing Switch first footage
2. More contents from Pokemon Sword / Shield
3. Reannouncement about Metroid Prime 4
4. TOWN first gameplay trailer
5. Last 3DS games during year 2019

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

I have my fingers crossed that Nintendo will do what they sometimes do and show something that's gonna launch either during E3 or within a few days. Would be awesome if they did that for the Link's Awakening remake, though I moreso expect that game to be further into the Fall.

They will def show more of Sword/Shield, as that will be their major holiday game.

Animal Crossing is expected, yea.

I don't know why, but my senses are tingling for a Kingdom Hearts collection of all the old games. I say this because Square seems to really be warming up to Switch over the last year, and putting the old games on the hardware isn't a stretch.

Also expecting some kind of mind-blowing Nintendo/Xbox partnership, more specifically Microsoft letting Rare make something for Xbox and Switch. Maybe a new Diddy Kong Racing that follows after a remake of the original? Maybe even a new Banjo-Kazooie platformer? That kind of thing would sell tens of millions if it was anywhere near decent.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

GeoChrome

Safest predictions:
Pokémon Sword and Shield showoff, possible release date confirmation.
Luigi’s Mansion 3 gameplay and release date.
Full reveal of Super Mario Maker 2., could possibly be released soon after E3.
Animal Crossing info and gameplay.
New December game.
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 (if not already released) release date.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Dezzy

Damn I just remembered both Luigi's Mansion and Animal Crossing are supposed to be 2019 too.

This has to be one of Nintendo's biggest years for a console ever. I think they're finally seeing the benefit of just having 1 console.

E3 will probably be Animal Crossing main feature and then just more footage for Links Awakening, Fire Emblem, Pokemon.

Edited on by Dezzy

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Anti-Matter

This year will be the Greatest year for Nintendo Switch with these killer 1st party games :
1. Pokemon Sword / Shield
2. Animal Crossing Switch
3. Luigi Mansion 3
4. Fire Emblem Three Houses
5. Zelda: Link's Awakening remake
6. Super Mario Maker 2

Anti-Matter

Diddy64

I think we will have a surprise announcement from a dead franchise just like a rumor suggest, but I don't think it will be either F-Zero or the Mother series, and since Starlink has a DLC/update that let the player race, I don't think it's a Star Fox game neither. I think it could be something bigger and that they are doing everything they can to not let this get leaked because it's going to be unexpected by many of the fans.

Also I think there will be more than just one surprise announcement. We could see an announce in the likes of an RPG Paper Mario game or perhaps THAT is the second announcement. I also think what @nintendobynature say and we could see a Metroid Prime Trilogy HD reveal or a new Donkey Kong Country game reveal (I'm inclined more to a new DKC game because Prime 4 has restarted development).

Also I think the X will help the Nintendo Online Service as I don't think many will tolerate 6 more months with online lagging and Nintendo knows many have complained about this.

Undergoing games:
Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity

Grumblevolcano

I think it'll be an E3 2018 situation with the following games being similar in terms of how much is shown (E3 2018 on the left, its E3 2019 equivalent on the right):

• Smash Ultimate -> Animal Crossing (also no Animal Crossing news before E3)
  • Octopath Traveler -> Fire Emblem Three Houses
  • Overcooked 2 -> Astral Chain
  • Pokemon Let's Go -> Pokemon Sword/Shield
  • Mario Tennis Aces -> Super Mario Maker 2
  • XC2 DLC -> Smash Ultimate DLC
  • Tournaments -> Nintendo World Championships
  • Daemon X Machina -> Daemon X Machina
  • Killer Queen Black -> Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
  • Fire Emblem Three Houses -> Bayonetta 3
  • Hollow Knight -> DQXI S
  • Super Mario Party -> Luigi's Mansion 3
  • Fortnite -> Killer Queen Black
  • Splatoon 2 Octo Expansion -> Super Mario Party DLC
  • 2018 highlight reel -> Town

In addition, 1-2 unannounced games.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Diddy64

rallydefault wrote:

Also expecting some kind of mind-blowing Nintendo/Xbox partnership, more specifically Microsoft letting Rare make something for Xbox and Switch. Maybe a new Diddy Kong Racing that follows after a remake of the original? Maybe even a new Banjo-Kazooie platformer? That kind of thing would sell tens of millions if it was anywhere near decent.

@rallydefault I think it's best that Microsoft let Nintendo handle Banjo-Kazooie and that Nintendo let someone that have worked with them to make this new game. The names that comes to mind are Retro Studios (currently developing Prime 4), Next Level Games, which have almost finished developing Luigi's Mansion 3 (but I find it unlikely) and the team that makes Warioware games which have a sense of humor that fits well for this franchise. And if they they get the support (Ubisoft? A new EAD team?) necessary to develop a Banjo-Kazooie game, they could make it a good game.

Undergoing games:

Diddy64

@Grumblevolcano Nice list of 2018-2019 comparing. By the way, which games do you think could be the unannounced ones?

Undergoing games:

Grumblevolcano

@SamusLv7 Probably Mario Golf (as Mario Tennis Aces support ends in May/June according to the September Direct) and some Nintendo + Ubisoft collaboration.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Diddy64

@Grumblevolcano I can see a Nintendo + Ubisoft game happen at E3. As for the other game, I don't know. Mario Golf isn't a bad game but it sounds as a more appropriate game for a Nintendo Direct than for an event like E3, that's (mostly) for hyping the people, but I respect your opinion.

Undergoing games:

Dezzy

I think that rumour about Scalebound will end up being true, and revealed at E3.

It seems likely because that was basically the same thing they did with Bayonetta 2, from the same developer.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

SwitchForce

Whom cares as long as they give us great games.

SwitchForce

Grumblevolcano

@SamusLv7 I think "not E3 suitable" is a lot more narrow than you'd imagine.

Grumblevolcano

NintendoByNature

@SamusLv7 I think it can go either way with metroid or dkc.. We just had a dkc game last year even though it was a port so they may want to hold off on another for a while but i REALLY want a new one. And I actually see the metroid prime trilogy more likely only because we had the delay of prime 4. And there's been so much circulating around this trilogy is has to be true at this point. I'll be happy either way though. All i can hope for is both are announced 🤑

NintendoByNature

IceClimbers

I do think we'll get a Mario Golf next year but I think that's something that'll be revealed in a January/February Direct.

Wouldn't surprise me if Bayonetta 3 and some other title (Mario + Rabbids 2?) were the only 2020 games shown off, and that's assuming they show Bayonetta at all. It could very well be as late as the Game Awards before that's shown off.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Bevinator

If they announce F Zero Switch at E3 2019, the rest of the presentation could be fart noises and it would still be an amazing E3 for me!

F zero with good online and a track editor would be immense. Come on Nintendo, you can make it my birthday and Christmas present 🤣

they say that life’s a carousel, spinning fast you’ve got to ride it well. The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It’s heaven and hell.

My Nintendo: Bevinator

Aozz101x

Animal Crossing and Pokemon Sword/Shield will both be the main focus of E3 2019 (Animal Crossing and Pokemon mainly for E3 2019. i doubt it.)

also something new and original that nobody expect. how about an original IP that uses the 007 Goldeneye's gameplay style?

as for anything else,

• Fire Emblem,
  • MUA3,
  • Super Mario Maker 2 (likely, if that's coming out before E3, i can see a mention and a couple of mins during the treehouse segment, if it's coming out after E3 it will be foucs in the E3 2019 Direct.),
  • Zelda Awakening,
  • Astral Chain

Not Coming

• Bayonetta 3 (this one seems likely, however. i feel that it's not time to see Bayonetta 3 yet.)
  • Metroid Prime 4

New Reveals

• Star Fox
  • Paper Mario
  • F-Zero

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.